No announcement yet.

T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually just watched T4. Trying to figure out my stance on it, but overall it was pretty iffy. I know T1/T2 is better than it, but not sure about T3...

Comment

Ok, so I'm Skynet, and I'm losing the war against the humans, I have the idea of sending a terminator back in time to kill the leader of the humans, John Connor, great. so i pop a bot in the time machine and send it on it's way.

The thing is, wether it succeeds or not will make absolutely no difference to me, here and now, it might help Skynet in an alternate timeline/reality, but why do I give a ****, I'm AI, and emotionless, and still losing the war in my timeline, right?
      The whole premise is full of hole's but i love it anyway, just ordered the skynet edition of T2 from play, don't think i've seen the other 2 versions of it

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        I think if you look at it front to back (and completely ignore T3 and the spin off series) it almost makes sense -sort of.

Skynet exists in every timeline as the whole thing was a government project (according to T1), so from the machines perspective the only difference is in the John Connor timeline they lose. The arm and chip left in T2 doesn't make much difference and only alters the timeline by accelerating the tech; think Connor even says in Salvation the T-800 show up years earlier than expected, so that part makes sense.

I guess you could explain away the ?why not kill Sarah Connor when she was a a baby?? argument by saying the future war was nearing the end, so the T-1000, T-800 were last ditch attempts to alter history.
        The T-800 were standard models, the events in T1 altered history to allow the T-1000 and new time displacement equipment.

Comment

so why doesnt Skynet kill Kyle cause if he Johns father and he dont give sarah a good seeing to John dont exist.
          So does John Conner say hey dad i need to send you back in time to get mum pregnant? ( so you can have me ) who knows Sarah must live? and whys it always if you go back in time it helps? if reality changes by going back in time couldn't John be Joan? and take up knitting rather than save the world?
          p.s i know its only a film but dont Skynet know timetravel is not possible under Relativity
          Last edited by MisterBubbles; 16-06-2009, 21:29.

Comment

Thats what it wants in the new movie

Comment

wants what in T5?
              confused.com
              my head hurts thinking of this timeline to much

Comment

In salvation

5 is set in 2018 in london

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                  The T-800 were standard models, the events in T1 altered history to allow the T-1000 and new time displacement equipment.
                  The T-600 was the model

motoring around with dual miniguns.

If you remember at the start of the film

when they parachute into the computer lab, John looks at the screen and someone says ’ it’s a new model T-800? just like you’d said there’d be.’

Kyle also calls them T-600 when the
                  asks, after they

crush one with a car.

Comment

The standard model in T1

Comment

Why were some of the t-600s wearing bandannas?

Comment

Originally posted by Supergoal View Post
                        Why were some of the t-600s wearing bandannas?
                        They were based on Stallones Rambo. Arnie was considered an upgrade in all areas.

Comment

Found this quite amusing: Terminator: Salvation (If They Left Out The Bull****)

MOON BLOODGOOD
                          I see. Well let's set up camp for the night. We can start a large fire to attract as many invincible murderous robots as possible. Tomorrow I'll take you to see Christian Bale.

SAM WORTHINGTON
                          He's not going to do that stupid Batman voice is he?

MOON BLOODGOOD

Hilariously enough, he is!

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                            They were based on Stallones Rambo. Arnie was considered an upgrade in all areas.
                            Does that mean the t-600s were also 4 foot tall too?

Comment

Nah, you're thinking of the T-500's, based on Van Damme

There's been all sorts of rumours about T5's setting which at this point are way too early to follow as nothings been written but McG has mentioned having a nod to the earlier films by having a cameo by Robert Patrick as a scientist or something who would go on to inspire the T-1000. Personally, I'd like T5 to be set a couple of years later still near LA and to pretty much cover most of the mythology as it would benefit from getting through it so it is free to make some suprises happen etc.

Either way, I'm of the thought that T5 needs Arnie. People can reference his age all they want (though I thought he looked fine in T3) Salvation was lacking for his absence.

Comment

The original script before the Bale rewrite:

(spoiler free)

When the original ending of the script leaked - John Connor is killed by a Terminator and has his skin grafted onto Marcus Wright, who takes up the shadowy leader's place as the leader of the Resistance - many people went crazy. On the surface it seemed like a major slap in the face of the franchise, and doubly so on paper: John Connor, the guy who the entire franchise is ostensibly about, shows up for two and a half pages, gets killed and has his face transplanted onto a robot (in the original script it's actually just the face that gets slapped on Marcus).
                                I quite like this idea.

...The script spent time examining what it was like living in a post-apocalyptic world, and was more definitively R-rated. At the gas station Marcus saves Kyle and Star from a group of cannibal ...
                                …in the original script the title Terminator Salvation actually meant something. Watching the finished film it's hard to figure out why it has that name - is it because

Marcus saves Connor's life in the last minute?

In the original script Serena has a bigger role than a quick cameo, and she explains the salvation element.

Marcus comes to Skynet City and finds... a seaside resort populated with humans. He sees Terminator landscapers! It turns out that Skynet hasn't been trying to wipe out humanity. It's been trying to save us.

This is perhaps the most bizarre idea in the whole script..

Certainly would have been more of a rollercoaster ride.
                                Last edited by Kit; 17-06-2009, 15:47.

Comment

Working...
                                X