No announcement yet.

T4/Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

although having the world examined more would be nice, none of those ideas are good.

Comment

I could never understand why Skynet didn't just plot a release of a virus. It'd wipeout 90% of humans, without the nuclear mess. Then the film would be 60mins of a T-800, sitting in a deck-chair catching some sun. The last 30mins whould be clean up time...

Comment

The biggest "**** on the face" of Terminator fans of old, was how clearly MCG set out to make this film appeal to kids - I mean wtf, does TERMINATOR even sound like the name of a film you'd want kids to see? The clue is in the title you numb****! Never mind John Connor, someone needs to travel back in time and stop MCG from being born!

And Moon Bloodgod? WTF? Who comes up with these names?

"Terminator, you and me we're done, professionally" Christian Bale's performance in this made Arrrrnold's in T3 look remotely palletable!

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
          And Moon Bloodgod? WTF? Who comes up with these names?
          Umm... her parents? Moon Bloodgood is the actresses name, she played Williams in the film. :S

I saw this again today and some of the plotholes raised in this thread are explained in film, however the film came across more segmented than I remember from the first. Still love the end battle though

Comment

Some people seem to be going hardcore and taking it a little bit too serious.
            As a movie it's alright and quite enjoyable. Or so I thought..

Comment

it entertainment, pure and simple. It succeeds at this in my opinion, it is not a classic however and will be forgotten post haste.

Comment

I aw this last night on a whim and really enjoyed it, they could of got away with that having nothing to do with the terminator but I thought it was a very good standalone sci-fi film

Comment

I don't really have a major problem with this film. Yes in hindsight the story has some major plot holes and it's not exactly a terminator film as i would have hoped but it entertained me for the most part and the action parts where very good. I find it strange that people are saying that this is ****ing all over The Terminator movies, but are happy to say that Transformers is "Awesome"...Which in my book, clearly ****s on the original concept of Transformers alot more.

Comment

Originally posted by BeyondJumpFish View Post
                    I find it strange that people are saying that this is ****ing all over The Terminator movies, but are happy to say that Transformers is "Awesome"...Which in my book, clearly ****s on the original concept of Transformers alot more.
                    There is a difference when you move a franchise from being toys to being a movie or two (or even the comic or cartoon series based on those toys) to doing followup movies in the same medium as the originals. Similarly when they changed the cartoons from the classic original versions many of the early fans felt that this had ruined transformers. That and the Transformer movies are not set in the same universe as any of the others. Maybe if they decided to start the Terminator films from (or near) scratch again like Star Trek they may have gotten a better reception.

I didn't think Salvation was that bad, especially compared to Sarah Connor, T3 and the really dreadful 12 Rounds movie I had seen the week before. But that doesn't mean it isn't a disgrace when compared to the original two.

Comment

After coming down on this movie like Hulk Hogan off the top rope after its theatrical viewing, upon a 2nd viewing indoors I thoughrally enjoyed it. Pls kill me. now.

I can only put it down to building my vision of it up so much and being so horribly let down.....going into it knowing what to expect....good fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                        After coming down on this movie like Hulk Hogan off the top rope after its theatrical viewing, upon a 2nd viewing indoors I thoughrally enjoyed it. Pls kill me. now.

I can only put it down to building my vision of it up so much and being so horribly let down.....going into it knowing what to expect....good fun.
                        Kill me too I liked it loads!

Comment

Not yet worth it's own thread but:

The writer for Wanted + the Director of Fast and the Furious 3,4,5 & 6 + Arnie = Terminator 5

WIN!!

Comment

Sounds like extreme speculation, though i'm game, however that writing/production team reeks utter modern cheese with no sci-fi credentials.

Comment

It would no doubt be another cheesy action fest rather than a proper sci-fi film but I'm fine with that, I've come to terms with the franchise being an action based one these days and after 8 years I greatly miss seeing Arnie in his element.

Comment

He's in his 60s though. His element is having a cup of tea reading the paper and telling his kids how dangerous the world is these days. Not running around pretending to be a killer robot.

Comment

Working...
                                X