No announcement yet.

NTSC-uk Animation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks mostly like After Effects to me. There's very little actual animation in it to require something like Toon Boom.

Comment

Mmm your probs right actually looking back at it.

I'm loving how powerful after effects is btw, starting 3D animation in uni for 3rd year when I go back in September, we've touched on it before but nothing major, but from now on, it's the main thing we're learning so I'm gonna try and put everything through After Effects to really touch the work up.

I was looking at Toon Boom Digital pro earlier, looks a great program too with some nice extra features like placing elements in a 3D plane very easily to create a pseudo 3D effect when trucking in, but it's 3 grand. I'm gonna ask my Uni to get it!
      Last edited by Rossco; 20-05-2008, 14:14.

Comment

I stopped playing GTA IV when I realised the potential for timelapse photography within the game. The movements of the camera had to be as slow and steady as possible, it was often cramp inducing.

Thankfully, Rockstar saw fit to let the player turn off the hud completely. Combine this with the first-person perspective for vehicles and with a little careful selection of motorcycles, an uncluttered frame is possible.

I cut this together-

http://tinyurl.com/58p2qm or alternate link -

(I'm not a big fan of youtube sorry).

This vid will play on a medium spec'd pc and its 360 and PS3 compatible. I only wish I had it in HD.

Let me know what you think.
        Last edited by fahrenheit; 20-05-2008, 22:42. Reason: Updated with new link

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
          I was looking at Toon Boom Digital pro earlier, looks a great program too with some nice extra features like placing elements in a 3D plane very easily to create a pseudo 3D effect when trucking in, but it's 3 grand. I'm gonna ask my Uni to get it!
          Toon Boom's interface just didn't sit right with me and, for animation, I had one major problem with it - it is more a tool for producers than animators. Most of what it offers are shortcuts in production. They won't actually make your work any better, and will often make it worse, but they'll make it quicker and that's what matters to producers. There are some tools, like the 3D placement, that I did like however. Can't Moho do that though? How much is that?

As for After Effects, yeah, it's a great programme. I know loads of post-production places that do most of their work in AE and then charge clients extravagant amounts for Flame time.

Edit: Just watched that GTA piece. That is fantastic work, man. Really lovely stuff and beautifully edited. The control needed to get those shots must have been pretty intense. Great stuff.
          Last edited by Dogg Thang; 20-05-2008, 14:32.

Comment

Really, I love Toon Boom, never used or even heard of Moho but might give it a wee gander. Although I like drawing on pencil/paper and scanning things in to use them which Toon Boom is great for where as it seems you can't do that in Moho after a quick read up!?

How come your into this then mate, profession or just hobby?

Comment

I'm trying to download your GTA video but having no luck with this stupid Rapidshare anti spam thing, Can anyone tell me what to type for this one as it's just a blurry mess to me!

Comment

Oh WTF? Those overzealous bastards!

I tested it and had none of this rigmorol. I failed the first attempt at 4 characters too. Really sorry about this. Don't really know where else to host it?

Comment

http://www.vimeo.com/ seems like a good site for hosting stuff now, might give that a go in future so worth a try.

I tried Rapidshare again and still no luck.

WAHAHAHA got it downloadin eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                    How come your into this then mate, profession or just hobby?
                    I'm lucky to call it my profession.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                      Edit: Just watched that GTA piece. That is fantastic work, man. Really lovely stuff and beautifully edited. The control needed to get those shots must have been pretty intense. Great stuff.
                      Thanks, much appreciated.

Yeah getting the pans was difficult enough. It requires moving the thumbstick by the tiniest fraction and trying not to speed up or slow down in the process. The moving shots were done from the bike reversing, because it gives a slow and steady pace. If you try and accelerate forwards, the bike will accelerate or slowdown. Its nearly impossible to get a constant pace. So that required clicking in the rightstick and holding it there (with force) for long periods.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                        I'm lucky to call it my profession.
                        Sweet.

You allowed to say who you work for what you do exactly? Can we see any of your work too!

Comment

Filefront to the rescue -

Hopefully thats alot less hassle.

Comment

Watched it now mate, really cool. Must have taken agesss to do that long shot straight down the road near the end. Looked well swish though, and the Clubbed To Death works perfect with the mood of it.

Comment

Cheers.

Yeah that long street shot wasn't the first take either. The traffic in GTA doesn't always make-way for you when you are walking a bike backwards down the road. I'd get frustrated when it happened during takes, but at the same time I enjoy that random aspect of the game and how it affects gameplay. I couldn't stay mad at it.

Comment

Moved onto 3D stuff now in uni. Here's my first proper effort for an assignment I done last week.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                                X