No announcement yet.

NTSC-uk Animation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of more animations here for another class. Character model isn't mine, just the animation and background scene obviously.

Just remembered you can embed videos here too! Does that count towards my playcount etc?

So there's my main project, Vacant.

Master Chief Lifting a Box

Master Chief Lifting a Box 2

Master Chief Walk Cycle

So the Master Chief stuff is all my first 3D character animation. Putting all my time into the other class for modelling/texturing. Learned all the character animation stuff, fully rigged the character myself and completed the walk cycle in one day, then done the box lift in one day too. It's really time consuming. Didn't think I'd enjoy it at all but it's not too bad.

Still prefer environment work though!

Comment

Some cool stuff in here. Well done guys!

I was thinking of learning animation at Uni hopefully. Just wondering what A level courses you chose which helped lead onto animation? Also, did you Rossco take some sort of modelling course as well for your Vacant, or was it part of the animation course? Sorry for the questions.

Comment

Didn't have to take anything in particular in school! I had all the usual like English and Maths then Computing obviously needed and some might want Art too! But you basically learn it all there for most courses and not much is needed before!

I haven't done any other courses or that to teach me, I'm in third year of animation course and only the first year of 3D. It's been 2D only for first two years but some courses I'm sure will focus on 3D if that's what you're looking for!

Anything else just ask away bud!

Comment

Couple more pieces to show.

This one is a bit dodgy, was really tricky to get right and I didn't spend much time on it. The standing up and walk away is a mess but no time to fix it.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

This however I'm quite proud of.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Also done a lip sync exercise but it was with a rubbish model provided by the lecturer and something I show no interest in anyway so I won't post that and embarrass myself!

Comment

Another thing from my girlfriend for uni, awesome.

Direct URL so you can watch it in high quality: Youtube

Comment

So I won the best third year animation at uni today, well chuffed! Plus £100 prize too!

Gotta get head down for 4th and final year now, the guy who won best 4th year had some amazing stuff so big shoes to fill.

Comment

Excellent, well done

Comment

Good stuff Rossco, can only imagine the amount of hours work that went in to those.

Great video by your better half TTK.

Comment

congratulations rossco what games or stuff did you use as inspiration or just thought it out in your head
                    TTK girlfriend that awesome think positive and remember the only limitations you have are the ones you set
                    everything is possible

Comment

Congrats Rossco! Onwards and upwards from here!

Comment

Cheers guys. Ridiculous amounts of hours went into it so I'm glad it was justified by being top of the year!

To be honest, the project took many different forms, shapes and sizes and many inspirations ranging through the Doom, Fallout, Gears of War, and Call of Duty universes.

But in the end, it was something I had just designed in my head and on paper over many months before I even started work on it.

Anyone else into 3d modelling at all here now? I'm currently using Lightwave but gonna learn Maya over summer and need some good literature to learn from if anyone knows of good books or websites?

Comment

I just thought some of you might enjoy these. Little animations done by Aardman's Tim Ruffle on Flipnote on the DSi. Amazing stuff -

「うごメモシアター」と「うごメモはてな」は、2013年5月31日24:00をもちまして、サービスを終了させていた...

Comment

「うごメモシアター」と「うごメモはてな」は、2013年5月31日24:00をもちまして、サービスを終了させていた...

First episode of K-on in condensed form.

Comment

Anyone see the Children In Need Animated All Star video? It livened up the usual poor television associated with Children In Need.

It goes on sale today and it's for a very good cause so go and buy a copy just to show those X-Factor goons who the real stars are.

Comment

I saw the Children In Need Medley, Dogg Thang and it's AMAZING!

It took two years of planning, eight months to make and 132 hours to mix the vocals!
                                It features over 100 different animated characters.

I was actually quite moved by the effort that was involved and it was great fun playing "spot the character"!
                                I'm going to buy it for defo!

Here's a nice article on The Sun's website.

Comment

Working...
                                X