No announcement yet.

NTSC-uk Animation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work, out of interest, how long did it take (from start to finish).

Comment

Done it over 3 days of solid work while learning at the same time as we're only 2 months into being taught the 3D work. So maybe around 30 hours from start to finish.

Split about 50/50 between modelling & texturing the helicopter and the actual animation and rendering.

Comment

Nicely done. What software are you using?

Comment

I'm using Lightwave mate. You do 3D stuff too?

Comment

Yeah (self-taught) but I've only used 3ds max (started back when it was known as 3D Studio Max).

Comment

This is something I took part in over a year ago before moving to something completely different...it should have been part of a full commercial campaign of toys and products for kids but after this and the second vid it never took off.

EDIT - link doesn't seem to load - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p90x83-arUM

Comment

This is nothing to do with me really, but I'll post anyway. My girlfriend is doing animation at uni and she's done this. She's fairly convinced it'll fail but I really like it. Feel free to leave her nice comments and such!

Comment

That's brilliant!

Comment

That's actually brilliant mate. Well better than any of my attempts as stop motion. Although I do hate it, never had the patience to try it properly!

Tell her it's ace.

I've got a few more things done over the last month or so for uni I'll show when I can be bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                      That's actually brilliant mate. Well better than any of my attempts as stop motion. Although I do hate it, never had the patience to try it properly!

Tell her it's ace.
                      I've told her a hundred times, she just doesn't listen! She made a cool animation in XSi too but she's ashamed of that to the point where she won't let me show it at all. Heh. I like that one too.

Comment

Thats great stuff, love the main character and the music fitted the feel of the piece perfectly.

I had a little mess around with the process a while back and really should try and get something more than 4 seconds put together >_< Have a tripod now though so free from the table to play around a bit. Wish I could suss out adding music and sound effects to stop motion Anybody got any advice on free software to use?

Couple of tests on my youtube if anybody is bored or likes turtles

Comment

oooh an animation thread.

I finished doing CG animation at uni last summer. I'm now a few months into work as an industry noobie... Huzzah!

my final uni project is here.. enjoy

Comment

Really like that Tig, must have missed it first time round! A great professional quality to it.

I just finished my main project for third year. Big environment I designed, modelled and textured. Was supposed to only be 30 seconds to a minute long but I was allowed to make mine longer to show the full scene off as 1 minute just wasn't enough I felt.

The quality of the upload is pretty bad so please don't judge based on that. Click HQ obviously to get the best picture you can though! Will need to upload a better quality one soon hopefully.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Top 20 animations from this year out of the 100 or so students get shown at the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall on this big show day in June with talks and industry people there so obviously hoping to get in that now!

Comment

oh wow, that is some great environment work. It's really atmospheric.... that must have been an epic amount of work to model and texture.
                              great stuff man.

Comment

Thanks man. Epic doesn't even begin to describe the amount of work that went into it. I haven't had a life for the last 3 months basically!

But I really enjoyed doing it, and part of me is gutted that I'm finished with it now.

Comment

Working...
                                X