No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching it, great film. Can't wait to watch it in HD.

Comment

The cinema is HD!

Comment

...I wouldnt call the cinema near here HD, grainy/blurry as ****.
        Last edited by Orgun; 06-05-2008, 21:30.

Comment

I think the one I saw it on was digital, but with a crap projector or something, it was juddering all over the shop on panning scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Orgun
            Just finished watching it, great film. Can't wait to watch it in HD.
            Lol, where do you think they get the HD transfers from if not the film? Film is something like approximately 4x the resolution of 1080p.

Comment

Oh i know that, the cinema in my area is just really really crap so it looks like your watching something on VHS but on a really large screen...probably get better quality from pirate cam footage

Comment

Originally posted by Randicoot View Post
                Lol, where do you think they get the HD transfers from if not the film? Film is something like approximately 4x the resolution of 1080p.
                But the projector and screen aren't nearly as good as a 1080p TV with a couch to sit in, unless it's digital. I much prefer watching films at home on HD-DVD/Blu-ray, much brighter too.

Comment

Watched it last night and thought it was aces. The suits were AMAZE!!1 When it comes out of the floor, he steps into the boots and the suit is built around him my jaw was on teh floor. Great stuff.

Oh, but WTF was with the Star Wars spoof bit - seemed very odd having that in there to me...
                  Last edited by spagmasterswift; 07-05-2008, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    I think the one I saw it on was digital, but with a crap projector or something, it was juddering all over the shop on panning scenes.
                    ours had that, too. there was a slow pan close-up over a tabletop and my mate whispered to me that it's telecine judder

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
                      ours had that, too. there was a slow pan close-up over a tabletop and my mate whispered to me that it's telecine judder
                      That was the exact bit where I saw it. It's very scabby when they aren't even running films in the cinema at the original 24FPS!

Comment

Really enjoyed this. RDJr looked cool as fook. The girlfriend loved it too. She didn't fancy it too much pre-arm bend. Mission accomplished. Was a good introduction to a Marvel character I knew nothing about, hope the sequel brings some fine meaty hero chunks to my eyes.

Comment

Outstanding stuff, definitely gives Batman Begins a run for its money as the best of this modern day regeneration of the superhero movie, but all credit here really has to go the fantastic Robert Downey Jr. Good job, sir, good job.

Comment

Hats off to Jon Favreau that's one classy introduction to one of Marvels lesser known heroes. Robert Downey Jr is superb as Stark and the supporting cast very good as well.

Good to see a director not afraid to avoid gratuitous quick cuts in action scenes.

Definite hints at the direction of a probably already planned sequel which I would like to see.

This one will look great on Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Escobar
                              But the projector and screen aren't nearly as good as a 1080p TV with a couch to sit in, unless it's digital. I much prefer watching films at home on HD-DVD/Blu-ray, much brighter too.
                              I think it's a matter of opinion. I far prefer a high quality analog cinema projection to a pin sharp, ultrabright digital image. It feels far more filmic and atmospheric to me...LCD in particular is too clinical in my opinion. I definitely disagree that digital projections are better than analog ones.

If your cinema is poor though then yes, I can see why it would seem to have less detail than HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

Comment

i prefer the 'warmth' of the cinema projector image, although i do love the digital projections i've seen (star wars 3, mi:3, spiderman 3, golden compass, and a few more i forget) as they're really clear, but i guess it depends on the film i'm seeing.

it's like vinyl vs cd and vhs vs dvd i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X