No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched this, this morning. Thought it was fantastic, the only problem i had with it was that the final action setpiece was a bit short and not as fantastical as i hoped. Loved the end credits bit...

Im suprised they got Samuel L Jackson to do 1min and a half bit, but its great to know that hes Nick Fury.

Comment

apparently the nick fury character is based on him anyway.

i would've preferred hasselhoff, that would've easily been worth waiting through the credits for

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
        apparently the nick fury character is based on him anyway.
        Yeah I can see the resemblance

Comment

I see your old skool Nick Fury, and I'll raise you a Samuel L Jackson-alike

I got the info from imdb, which said it was the Ultimate Marvel series Nick Fury

Comment

Originally posted by billy_dimashq View Post
            I see your old skool Nick Fury, and I'll raise you a Samuel L Jackson-alike

I got the info from imdb, which said it was the Ultimate Marvel series Nick Fury
            Yeah, that'll be Bryan Hitch for you. Why draw from your own imagination when it's easier to copy/trace anything and everything.

Comment

How did you all manage to see it -- was it released worldwide on the same day? Or did you see it by other methods?

Saw this at the local megaplex the other day, anyway - waited til one day after US release day to try and avoid the crowds of knobheads. I reckon it might be my favourite superhero film of all time. Great movie and pretty faithful to (various continuities in) the comics.

Comment

Was out on Thursday, I saw it on Friday.

Comment

Its bringing in the megabucks. So we are going to see a sequel for definite.

Comment

Originally posted by Eps View Post
                    How did you all manage to see it -- was it released worldwide on the same day? Or did you see it by other methods?
                    Yeah it was a worldwide release

Hoping to see this tomorrow. Had no interest in it until this thread blew up with positives.

Megabucks = $104 million in three days. So yes, sequel.
                    Last edited by PeteJ; 04-05-2008, 22:12.

Comment

Wow! What a great fun film GO SEE IT!!

Comment

I burst out laughing when

Stark was in the Type 1 in the cave and had his arm stuck in a wall, someone pulled a gun from behind, shot him in the back of the head and of course the bullet ricochet and killed him. I Lol'd

Lots of great funny moments in it.

Comment

other methods!?

you'd have to be the lamest, cheapest twat in the world to make do with watching a cinema-job of this beauty

i wanted to see it at leicester square in lovely lovely digital, but my mates weren't able to. i've half a mind to just nip down there by myself and see it again. problem with uni is everyone's bloody revising now so can't/won't take 2 hours out to see a film

@Zero9x

what i love about that bit is how the guy is holding the gun, all nervous, like a little kid creeping up on a squirrel. the arm getting caught was brilliant, and so drawn-out to keep the laughs going as long as it could

Comment

This film was great really enjoyed it so did the GF to

Comment

I went to see the film on the back of this thread and thought it was pretty awesome. As a stand-alone film it was good, but as a launch for a new franchise it was excellent.

I know nothing about Ironman but I can't wait to see the sequel!

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                                This film was great really enjoyed it so did the GF to
                                Mine did too! Surprised Empire only gave it 3 out of 5!

Comment

Working...
                                X