No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people have too much time on their hands...

I want one!

The shoes kind of spoil it though

Comment

ROFLz!1

Iron Man Property Consultant!

Comment

Originally posted by angelox View Post
        Watched the film also last night at TCR - loved it. Great soundtrack, good comedy with only a predictable cliche final quater. The post-end credits are also awesome. Ive been working on this franchise for going on 5 months now and thought that I wouldnt enjoy the film because of it - gladly - im wrong =)
        Cool, what do you do man?

Comment

I really want to see this, but i feel as rough as a badger's arse. I'll go see it when i feel better.

Comment

Just seen it - as an Iron Man fan I thought that was an awful abomination of a film!

Psych! Is it hell, it's a fanboi's wet dream. Lots of laughs, lots of action - I sat there with a massive cheesy grin on my face and loved every moment.

I laughed at the scene with Potts and Stark with the replacement unit. And the boots test flight.

There's just so much fan service in this. Rhodi's comments about

the Mark II suit and using it next time

, Tony Stark's

Iron Man cartoon Ring Tone

and the bit of the credits where Favreau had the sheer tenacity to

hint at the Avengers

It gives you everything you want to see - including the in-suit viewpoint.

The Iron Man / Iron Monger kick off at the end was just awesome. Loved the way Iron Man Falcon Punched him good and proper.

The only negative I have is a bit on an odd one - it's Bridges voice. I don't know if he's had some real life problems with his pallet or something but on times he sounded really odd like his tongue was jammed in the roof of mouth. If it was intentional it was even more bizarre since the role didn't call for it

Even taking a step back from being in a rabid frenzy it's impossible to deny that this is one of the best comic adaptations in a long, long time (since Batman Begins IMO). I'd hate to be the Hulk rolling in on the back of this one because it'll be a tough act to follow (and from the footage I've seen of that film it won't measure up at all).

Roll on the Blu-ray release and the sequel (scheduled for 2010 if the latest rumours are to be believed).
            Last edited by Spatial; 02-05-2008, 17:17.

Comment

I was just loving the ragdoll action that the baddies provided with a little help from Iron Man's fist.

The Part where there little bullets pop out of his shoulders and took all the guys down was also pure win

Comment

Yeah the bit just before that where he

clouts that guy and sends him flying was brilliant.

Some nice work in the bit where the

tank knocks him out of the sky too. He emerges from the impact crater with a look that just screams "Now I'm really pissed!"

edit: This look

Also laughed when Iron Monger grabbed the

motorbike going past and then twatted Iron Man with it.

Some proper hard core mechanised action going on.

Loved it
                Last edited by Spatial; 02-05-2008, 17:27.

Comment

Mind you the only thing that perplexed me about the film was

Why didn't he have surgery to have those bits of shrapnel removed? Surely he would of just gone all pussey inside?

Comment

Peritonitis Man to the rescue

I thinks it's supposed to be based on the comic's idea that any tinkering with the shrapnel would kill him. With the magnet it just stays where it is doing no harm, but you're right it's not explained properly in the film.

In the comics he does eventually get it removed.

Comment

The film treated it more like a pacemaker than the actual purpose it was serving.

Comment

To be honest the whole chest power supply thing is a plot device too good to miss so I was a bit disappointed that its weaknesses/advantages didn't come into play more (even though the actual device was a major part of the story).

At the finale we had the whole 'power down to x% bit as he had the Mk1 generator in, but, in the end, it didn't actually seem to matter that much. I sort of wanted him to defeat Obadiah by something like hot wiring the Mk2 that the Iron Monger was using to give Iron Man the boost he needed to come back from, something like, 1% power. So it would be Stark's ingenuity that won the day rather than just Pepper flicking switches and a big explosion. Iron Man didn't really win the final battle himself, at all.

But it was still a fantastic flick. My new favourite superhero movie. Judging by the trailer, Hulk will have a hard time beating this. Just couldn't get excited by new Indy, either.
                        Last edited by Wil; 02-05-2008, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                          To be honest the whole chest power supply thing is a plot device too good to miss so I was a bit disappointed that its weaknesses/advantages didn't come into play more (even though the actual device was a major part of the story).

At the finale we had the whole 'power down to x% bit as he had the Mk1 generator in, but, in the end, it didn't actually seem to matter that much. I sort of wanted him to defeat Obadiah by something like hot wiring the Mk2 that the Iron Monger was using to give Iron Man the boost he needed to come back from, something like, 1% power. So it would be Stark's ingenuity that won the day rather than just Pepper flicking switches and a big explosion. Iron Man didn't really win the final battle himself, at all.

But it was still a fantastic flick. My new favourite superhero movie. Judging by the trailer, Hulk will have a hard time beating this. Just couldn't get excited by new Indy, either.

Same when he first builds that mini Arc generator they say
                          That could power your heart for 50 lifetimes! Or Something really big for 15 minutes....I thought it would result in some against the clock dash as he struggles to escape before his heart runs out

Comment

Sounds like an awesome film from everyone! The bit at the end sounds good because tony stark does appear in the new (other marvel) movie which is exciting. A bit gutted I gots no-one to see it with, although the positive feedback is making me wanna just go see it alone lol loser!

Comment

Great film

even Mrs Broon was talking about dvd preorders and stuff

she absolutely loved it

Comment

why is everybody so surprised that women are liking it?

Comment

Working...
                                X