No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's the kind of film that gets fanboys salivating and carried area. A few of the movie sites I read are making excessive statements, like Cinematical are saying **** like, "It'll change the way all future superhero moves are made" or something like that. As for AICN, it's interesting for the odd bit of info, but Knowles is so far up his own pretentious arse these days you can't trust a word he says.

I only glanced at the Empire summary, and Stuart says, their mark sounds about right given what they said.

I'm looking forward to it, the first big summer release See it at noon

Comment

I won't be seeing this just yet but can anyone who does please confirm with me what Ghostface's cameo involves, thankyou.

Comment

First things first. I haven’t seen the Iron Man movie yet, but a couple of people I know did. And they said the movie is crazy good. I heard Robert Downy Jr. is awesome as Tony Stark. The only downside for us Hip-Hop fans is that the segment of the movie with our Iron Man, Ghostface Killah, was CUT! I am hearing that Ghostface played a friend of Tony Stark and they had a party, but it was sliced. OH Well! I am sure they will get us on the DVD.

- AllHipHop.com

Comment

Gah - I won't even be getting this from the bloke down the pub now, then.

Comment

Just back....

4/5 for me. I'm no Iron Man fan, and never read that comic book, so going in fresh. Was highly enjoyable in the main, a few times is sagged and I wasn't overly impressed with the climatic battle. Other than that, was a sterling start to the summer blockbuster.

Surprised at how funny it was, had me LOL at least 5 times, and sat there with a smile on my face. CG is good, the last year there's been a big improvement with CG feeling more "in" the scene and not added so artificial, if you know what I mean (see Transformers, and especially Sunshine). Acting was for the most part good. I'm a big Downey fan, maybe this will be his "breakout" role which is an odd thing to say, but the public don't seem interested in him. He's got loads of charisma and a great speech pattern, and is believable in the role. Clearly having fun Even Paltrow isn't too bad, though some of her scenes especially have poor dialogue.

Direction is good, a little uninspired from time to time, but the scenes are well constructed and the action never confusing.

I wouldn't pay to see it again at the cinema, there's not enough spectacle in it for me to do that, and I don't think the comedy will play as well the second time. Definitely be great on BR

Beware of fanboys in screenings! I caught the days first showing, and it was pretty empty (say 40-50 people in the big screen at Brighton Odeon), but there was one idiot at the front shouting and clapping at everything. That would be cool in a packed screening though, a couple of cheerleaders to get the crowd going.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
              I caught the days first showing, and it was pretty empty (say 40-50 people in the big screen at Brighton Odeon), but there was one idiot at the front shouting and clapping at everything.
              Sorry, I couldn't contain myself!

Did you stay till after the credits to see if there's the extra bit of fan service tacked on?

Comment

Was that really you?

LOL.

Nah I never sit through credits to see some bit tacked on the end. If the credits lasted 30 seconds I would, but 5 minutes to see 10 seconds isn't my thing. I heard S.L.Jackson was in the film, so anything to do with that?

If it's a really cool bit I miss at the end of the credits, I wait until it's on YouTube

Comment

Yeah that's the bit. People are claiming it was cut from the test screenings but that it's been put back in to the cinema release.

I think I'll stick around when I go to see it tomorrow, if only to sit and wave creepily at the cinema staff as they stand wondering why the hell I'm still sitting there. You have to make your own fun round these parts you know...

Comment

There were a couple of people sitting around while the more normal patrons left. It's safe to say at noon on a Thursday you attract a certain kind of cinema-goer (hey work is quiet at the moment!).

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread about sticking around, so I knew something was there, but I really don't bother.

Let us know exactly what transpires

Comment

Iron Man

That was proper cool.
                      The intro to the Stark was very good, he is a lovelable rogue/cock, but very amusing either way.
                      I agree with Chain, we are going to be seeing lots more of RDJ from now on, he was really fantastic.

Speaking of him, take at look at this
                      Looks very funny
                      Tropic Thunder. 745,029 likes · 9 talking about this. The movie they think they're making... isn't a movie anymore.

The actual intro to where Iron man came from was very well done, twas tense and uncomfortable throughout.
                      There is some proper bonecrunching awesome fist to face action that had everyone in the screen laughing as various people were slung around.
                      What I liked the most is that it all seemed very plausible, it was all very tech/sci-fi and none of the normal coincidental super hero mumbo jumbo.
                      I don't want him to be in the Hulk now!

Bridge as Obidiah Stane was also fantastic, he towered over every character with some kind of bizarre CG beard (There was something eerily unnatural about it! Maybe that was just me). Paltrow was watchable too.

Very well cast.

My only real complaint that there was relatively little Iron Man, although the times when he was punching and repulsing his way across the screen were very enjoyable.

I do believe they could of conveyed the passing of time a little better, as things that supposedly took place over 3 months appeared to fly by in a few cinema days.
                      There was one bit where my heart strings were only lightly plucked, when they really could of milked it and really tugged away at them.

Yes, it is worth staying behind the credits if you are a fan , although I personally disliked it.

For Those that don't manage to stay behind, whether accidentally or deliberately, Stark Returns him to find a shadowy figure looking out of his window, instant movie convention alerts set in and you think that the bald headed figure may well be one of the 2 bald headed enemies killed, but instead it turns out to be Samuel L "My name is Nick Fury MOTHER****ER* and I'm here to talk to your about the mother****ing* avenger project!

I thought it totally spoilt the plausible part of things and to be honest, Samuel L is in so many things he is almost a cliché.

Good bit of fanservice I guess, but I wasn't a fan of it.
                      Speaking of fan service, Rhodey's

"Maybe next time"

line made me snigger.

It'll definately be an instant Blu-Ray Purchase for me.

*added by me for extra effect

Last edited by EvilBoris; 02-05-2008, 17:16.

Comment

Just got back from this and it rocked. It was totally RDJr's flick and all the better for it. I'd happily go see it again.

Comment

Boris, I didn't see that end bit, and I thought you were serious until I saw your last bit! That's a shame, that would be proper class

Comment

After the end credits for me personally, seeing

Samuel L as Nick Fury at the end was just like WTF?!Although he does mention the avenger project and that got me excited in my pants!

Was a cool film, really enjoyed it and my wife did too and she wasn't really up for it as much as me and she came out liking it
                            Was very suprised about the cast when I heard but they all worked incredibly well in all the roles and it was balanced between them all very nicely, RDJ's as Stark is awsome though and does run the show. Really liked and and can't wait to see what the future brings, hope it does well in box office

Comment

Watched this tonight and really enjoyed it. Very good performace by Robert Downey Jr and the supporting cast were also decent. As many have said, if you're a fan it is worth staying after the credits for a short guest appearance.

Comment

Watched the film also last night at TCR - loved it. Great soundtrack, good comedy with only a predictable cliche final quater. The post-end credits are also awesome. Ive been working on this franchise for going on 5 months now and thought that I wouldnt enjoy the film because of it - gladly - im wrong =)

Comment

Working...
                                X