No announcement yet.

Iron Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sod it, it's still not working right for me.

Either the streaming does nothing and crashes my browser (tried multiple ones), or switching it to download only downloads the first 30 seconds and nothing more.

I assumed it had been pulled as it wasn't supposed to debut on 'tinternet until tomorrow and was Viacom owned channels in the US only today.

Oh well, I can wait a bit longer 'till it's up and running

Comment

It's an interesting trailer. Not sure what I make of it at all. Does Iron Man fly in the comics?

Comment

Yes Iron Man does indeed fly. It looks comedic and over the top tbh. Judging from the trailer he makes his first suit while being held captive by terrorists...

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
          Sod it, it's still not working right for me.

Either the streaming does nothing and crashes my browser (tried multiple ones), or switching it to download only downloads the first 30 seconds and nothing more.

I assumed it had been pulled as it wasn't supposed to debut on 'tinternet until tomorrow and was Viacom owned channels in the US only today.

Oh well, I can wait a bit longer 'till it's up and running

Nice direct download in 1080p, none of this streaming rubbish.

Comment

Cheers Ajay, that's the alternative site I've been trying to remember all night

*hits bookmark this time*

Originally posted by Zero9X
            Judging from the trailer he makes his first suit while being held captive by terrorists...
            It's a bit more believable (the the loosest possible sense of the term) the way they've pitched it in the film as it's set in modern times. In the original comics he was in Vietnam when he made the first Iron Man suit.

But you can't deny the combination of song and suit makes that one bad arse bit of the trailer.

Followed by the jet sequence - they've made the sound of his thrusters just perfect

Comment

For some reason i thought that he was disabled in the original and he made the suit to get about...or did i dream that up?

Comment

You're kind of right - he does have a disability as he has a heart defect. He gets caught in that explosion in the trailer (I think it was a landmine explosion in the original comics) and it leaves a bit of shrapnel lodged in his heart.

The thing attached to his chest is like a giant magnet / powercell which keeps the fragments from going in to his heart and killing him.

Aside from that (and his rampant substance abuse issues -making Downey Jr perfect to play him) I don't think Stark's ever been crippled.

Comment

Makes more sense now. I can appreciate the trailer more. That and i couldn't hear it properly earlier. Didn't even know they were forcing him to make a nuke...

Comment

Yeah he did get crippled , a couple of times actually, once by a woman he dumps (bullet through the spine) and another time during a battle against a baddie.

Comment

Not forgetting Ultimate Tony Stark, who

has a brain tumour

I can't wait for this film. Bring it on!!

Comment

Iron mans one of my favourite marvel characters and the trailer (now I can actually hear whats going on) gets the full thumbs up from me, absurd flying with rockets and explosions coupled with downeys excellent dry delivery. win

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          Yeah he did get crippled , a couple of times actually, once by a woman he dumps (bullet through the spine) and another time during a battle against a baddie.
                          Originally posted by Psi
                          Not forgetting Ultimate Tony Stark, who

has a brain tumour
                          He did? Clearly I'd missed those (my obsession with Marvel tends to wax and wane quite a bit over the years and my knowledge of most of the Ultimate timelines for all characrers are sketchy at best).

Time for me to go off to Wikipedia and have a good read

Comment

I hate the Ultimate re-writes guess im set in my ways

Comment

New (but small) trailer with a little bit of new footage

Comment

Saw the trailer before a showing of Planet Terror and was quite impressed!

Good luck with finding a cinema showing Planet Terror tho ...

Comment

Working...
                                X