No announcement yet.

Last.fm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is squeezebox? Never heard of it till now.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Tonight is fuse night. On the squeezebox. Not anywhere else.
      Apologies in advance for the complaints

Comment

You have some interesting acts I have never heard of, some of it great some of it pretty hard, none of it what I would call bad

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          It's this -

Everyday Shooter の Porco In The Sky (Instrumental) や Robot (Instrumental) の他にも多くの音楽が聴けます。 Everyday Shooter のトラック、アルバム、画像を検索できます。

I have added it to 'My Library' but having done that I still can't see how I'm supposed to be able to listen to it. I really don't know anything about Last.fm. Do I need to download a player? Do I need to have a paid subscription?

Cheers

Maybe one of you guys can listen to this and tell me about it, since I'm still locked out of hearing anything at all via Last.fm.

So much for globalisation!

Comment

Compare that page to an english page. You see that the play button means "play everday shooter radio" which means music similar to it. Further down there are the album tracks, but they don't have play buttons next to them which means they aren't in the last.fm library. Sorry dude. Luck out.

Comment

Fuse's music flicked between chilled and hard. Enjoyed the sonic youth and NIN which were out of my comfort zone, but some of the harder stuff (lamb of god) was a bit beyond me. Can you clarify... Is this stuff you own personally or stuff similar to what you own/scrobble? And I've just realised I need to turn off scrobbling on internet radio on my squeezebox because now all your stuff is in my last.fm library

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                What is squeezebox? Never heard of it till now.
                Squeezebox is a wifi music streamer suite (now owned by Logitech). You run some (free) server software on your PC and rip all your CDs (normally as lossless FLAC CD quality) to the PC and add all your downloaded tunes.

The various squeezebox devices then play the music, either via an amplifier/speakers (like my squeezebox classic) or via built in speakers, like the Boom.

They have some amazing plugins and customisation possibilities. For example the server software comes with a last.fm plugin so you can listen to your recommendations, or friends or personal library via the squeezebox/internet, including adding like/hate info while listening. Also, while listening to your own ripped CDs, you can then quickly hit "listen to similar stuff on last.fm". Scarily, you can even browse amazon to find stuff on last.fm (or other internet radio) and add it to your basket so that it's ready and waiting for you when you go on the amazon website later....

It has integration with napster and all that sort of thing too.

It also allows you to stream music from your PC to wherever you are, so I was round at my sister's on saturday night and we listened to some tunes off my home PC at theirs - it encodes the tunes on the fly to a suitable size mp3 to fit up your pipe (yikes).

Comment

Those squeezeboxes look pretty rad I gotta say. I also love that you can listen from somewhere else!

I saw you were listening to my playlist so I've just started listening to yours - some very relaxing Kenny Werner at the moment. Perfect for work

Comment

Still got yours going - some rocking megaman remix at the moment. Not sure I could actively listen to it, but er [copy]perfect for work [/copy]

Also, who's Kenny Warner? lol. I presume when we listen to other people's stream it's "stuff similar to what they like"??? bit confused. Anyone know?

Comment

no idea but it was very nice piano! I went on your library playlist rather than your recommended so maybe just something you've listened to at some point through something?

Yeah my library is a little eclectic! Your recently played has certainly been tainted with my library haha!

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
                        Those squeezeboxes look pretty rad I gotta say. I also love that you can listen from somewhere else!
                        The server software is free, so you can install it and try this feature out anyway!

WMP seems to be really bad at it, so I recommend using either winamp (windows) or whatever the default in linux ubuntu is. Both these stream very fast and respond to changes via the web interface very quickly.

If anyone needs hints setting this up, let me know. I had to add a virtual server in my router before it would allow the port to do anything (9000). You also need to plonk lame.exe in the correct folder (doesn't come with the server software).

Comment

Originally posted by FreelancePolice View Post
                          no idea but it was very nice piano! I went on your library playlist rather than your recommended so maybe just something you've listened to at some point through something?
                          Ah yeah, it was scrobbling my internet radio too (fixed), so it could have been off any one of a large number of radio channels I use while cooking

Comment

Added a few of you guys, chances of getting a high musical compatibility are going to be uber slim methinks

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Fuse's music flicked between chilled and hard. Enjoyed the sonic youth and NIN which were out of my comfort zone, but some of the harder stuff (lamb of god) was a bit beyond me. Can you clarify... Is this stuff you own personally or stuff similar to what you own/scrobble? And I've just realised I need to turn off scrobbling on internet radio on my squeezebox because now all your stuff is in my last.fm library
                              The 3 you've mentioned there (NIN, Sonic Youth, Lamb of God) are from my own library - not sure if you got some other stuff that is recommended to me also though? I listen to quite a range of stuff but yeah, I seem to get the same shift from one end of the spectrum to the other when I stream my recommended station

Comment

Hey, Charles; my Last.fm is http://www.last.fm/user/roddie_digital

We seem to have high compatibility, so you might enjoy some of it

Comment

Working...
                                X