No announcement yet.

Charlie Brookers Screenwipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totally agree with you guys that Newswipe is excellent, and a brilliant follow-up to last year's Screenwipe. I'm glad someone has the balls to stick the knife into the ever increasingly bizzare world of journalism and news-reporting. Sky News in particular which is just horrible IMO.

Charlie is not only hilarious to watch, and sharply observent, but extremely intelligent as well; he's not afraid to put forward his opinion and ask very serious questions. He's clearly put a lot of care into making each of his programmes and I always seem to agree with whatever he says, no matter now controversial or biased.

If you enjoyed watching Jon Stewart on the Daily Show (rightly) criticising CNBC's news coverage iirc a few weeks ago then you should watch Newswipe.

I really can't recommend it highly enough.

Comment

what a great line about Sarkozy in tonights prog - 'he's been up a supermodel but still looks angry'

Comment

I'm a big fan of this show. "Wow, it's like the disappointment is happening right in front of my face" - Brilliant!

Comment

Satirically great show. Good piece by Adam Curtis, love his documentaries. I'm glad he showed how poor the news is in general, rinse and repeat. Plus, add Glen Beck and Fox news. I'd seen Colbert show them. They're nuts...

Comment

so who wants Gameswipe then ?

British comedian Charlie Brooker is poised to tackle videogames in a new TV series called Gameswipe.Telly companies End…

Comment

YEY! That would be totally awesome. He does actually drop a lot of games references in his newspaper articles and shows. I don't know if BBC4 will pick this up though.

Comment

awesome, that'd be great, can't wait

Comment

The best presenter on telly presenting on our beloved hobby?

I'd buy that for a dollar.

Comment

Well, he used to be a games reviewer so knows his stuff as well.

Comment

Charlie is to write and present a new Channel 4 series called You Have Been Watching in which he and a guest will discuss the previous week's TV.

So Kind of like Screenwipe, only with guests (odds on Aisleyne off Big Brother making an appearance?), advert breaks and more viewers.

Comment

Cor. More Charlie can only be a good thing.

Comment

on his twitter, hes asking people for the worst boss fights ever. prob for use in gameswipe.

Comment

That last one in Viking. Utter gash.

Brooker's Newswipe was aces so I'm looking forward to this immensely.

Comment

Brooker update from Twitter: he's saying Gameswipe is definitely going to happen. Also says Newswipe is back in 2010 and his other telly thing starts on C4 on 7th July

Comment

Prick tease.

Comment

Working...
                                X