No announcement yet.

Charlie Brookers Screenwipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah the observations in the show are fantastic. It really is observational comedy with visuals. Can't wait for a proper series of Gameswipe, what with all the generic rubbish in games!

Comment

Just read online that Charlie has just married Connie Huq in Last Vegas. Congrats to lucky bastard, i'm sure he made some funny gestures towards her in the show at some point.

Comment

Dara O'Briain will be gutted.

Comment

I had to Google her but good grief. I wonder how that deal was negotiated

What I'm saying there is that I admire Charlie Brooker for his wit.

Comment

Due to the unique way in which it has received no advertising at all I thought I'd let you all know that Charlie Brooker's 2010 Wipe is on Beeb 2 tonight at 10.

Comment

Cheers for letting us know. Didn't know it was on.

Comment

Many thanks, Stu!

Comment

The show was as funny and insightful as ever, but ever since Brooker started appearing in those crap shows on Channel 4 - shows just like those he loves to criticise so much, I've lost respect for him and began doubting his integrity.

If he doesn't (as we're led to believe) like **** TV then he shouldn't appear in it. And if he does appear in **** TV (which he does) then he shouldn't bother criticising other equally **** shows as it only sounds hollow.
                  Last edited by Charlie; 05-01-2011, 16:32.

Comment

Watched most of it a few nights back whilst morphine-level drunken. Found the Raoul Moat stuff pretty funny as I was thinking exactly the same things when it was happening, and much of the other stuff was more cynical>"funny" over "funny">cynical, which was nice.

Kind of sickened to see Brooker gurning all comedylike on C4 trailers for what looks like a quite embarrassing-looking and misguided 'update' to The Day Today. David Mitchell was on it, too, dropping a cup, even people who don't know who David Mitchell *is* still know of him, given how much he's whored himself out since Peep Show went south.

Hope it turns out to be amusing in some small way but guess it shall be ****, I'll still Sky+ it to follow this possible tragedy/amusathon.
                    Last edited by JazzFunk; 06-01-2011, 04:55.

Comment

The new show with David Mitchell seems to be just a series version of the Alternative Politics Poll show they did at last years elections which was one of the worst things they broadcast last year.

Comment

How does lauren laverne keep getting work

Comment

How TV Ruined Your Life has been great and last night's was brilliant. I find it comforting to know that there's at least one other sane person in the world.

Liked the '2 Pints...' spoof last week too called 'Bumming Off' too.

Comment

That bit felt slightly overdone- by the time he fell on the floor I was glad it was over. Still, several series, three books and numerous articles later and I'm beginning to tire of Brooker's act. He plays up to the persona too much these days, although that doesn't reflect badly on his choice of targets.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                              Kind of sickened to see Brooker gurning all comedylike on C4 trailers for what looks like a quite embarrassing-looking and misguided 'update' to The Day Today. David Mitchell was on it, too, dropping a cup, even people who don't know who David Mitchell *is* still know of him, given how much he's whored himself out since Peep Show went south.

Hope it turns out to be amusing in some small way but guess it shall be ****, I'll still Sky+ it to follow this possible tragedy/amusathon.
                              I don't care about David Mitchell, but Charlie Brooker seems out of place on the C4 crap.

Comment

2011 Wipe coming up on Friday at 10.30pm on BBC4. Has got Doug Stanhope, Adam Curtis and the bloke from Limmy's show on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X