Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Expendables- BEST ACTION MOVIE EVAH!!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks awesome and i can't wait.

"he says we're dead with an accent"

I actually burst out laughing. Its got a good tongue in cheek vibe going

Comment

No Segal, no Van Damme, no Schwarzenegg (well, a mere 'cameo' I gather).

Basically, it's a triumvirate of Stallone/Statham/Li, with Dolph as some kind of baddie. Not bad but not good, either, and it's in no way the 80s action megastar all-inclusive, ****e-hot EXTRAVAGANZA I was hoping for*. It'll probably be decent, 6/10, 7/10 max, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

I don't even know about the MMA fighters, I don't catch that stuff on telly, they aren't 'action stars'.

(*If it had've been what we all hoped it would've been, the actual finished film would've probably proved to be an almost unwatchable spot-the-80s-person type of affair, a mess. And this will mean the final revision of the movie, lacking in certain stars as it is, will probably be more of an actual film, it will be a tighter, three-on buddy/action film, it will have consistency, a beginning, a middle, an end, maybe a plot that makes the whole thing make sense (??). BUT, we all want the (possibly) inferior film it could've been, the one with more megastars in, the one that didn't really have a plot, just Arnold, Jean-Claude and Sly simultaneously firing shoulder-mounted Gatlings at a super-evolved Apache co-piloted by Michael Ironside and Bennett from Commando. So it's a no-win, Catch 22 situation.)

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
        No Segal, no Van Damme, no Schwarzenegg (well, a mere 'cameo' I gather).

Basically, it's a triumvirate of Stallone/Statham/Li, with Dolph as some kind of baddie. Not bad but not good, either, and it's in no way the 80s action megastar all-inclusive, ****e-hot EXTRAVAGANZA I was hoping for*. It'll probably be decent, 6/10, 7/10 max, but I can't help but feel disappointed.

I don't even know about the MMA fighters, I don't catch that stuff on telly, they aren't 'action stars'.

(*If it had've been what we all hoped it would've been, the actual finished film would've probably proved to be an almost unwatchable spot-the-80s-person type of affair, a mess. And this will mean the final revision of the movie, lacking in certain stars as it is, will probably be more of an actual film, it will be a tighter, three-on buddy/action film, it will have consistency, a beginning, a middle, an end, maybe a plot that makes the whole thing make sense (??). BUT, we all want the (possibly) inferior film it could've been, the one with more megastars in, the one that didn't really have a plot, just Arnold, Jean-Claude and Sly simultaneously firing shoulder-mounted Gatlings at a super-evolved Apache co-piloted by Michael Ironside and Bennett from Commando. So it's a no-win, Catch 22 situation.)
        i think the days of sly, schwarz and van damme firing shoulder mounted gatlings is long past

van damme had an option of being in it but apparently didnt like the idea of not getting much screen time. Nice one jcvd, didnt realise your career had skyrocketed that you can afford to turn roles down.

i only wished they'd presented it in the fashion of an 80's film - hopefully theyll be a trailer with that classic eighties voice commentary that seems almost ubiquitous with these sort of films

Comment

Did you see JCVD? That was surprisingly good and it seems like VanDamme has more of a chance making a career as a proper actor than someone like Jackie Chan.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            Did you see JCVD? That was surprisingly good and it seems like VanDamme has more of a chance making a career as a proper actor than someone like Jackie Chan.
            i did, it was very good, i always knew van damme could actually act (in his own language)

still no reason why he should turn down expendables, same goes for kurt russell

Comment

Bascially... the best film ever:

Comment

The word YAH!! springs to mind for some reason.. Looks quality.

Comment

Looking ace!

Comment

That is actually ridiculous!

Comment

I saw a really poor quality version of that trailer earlier today on kung fu cinema, and despite the blurry badness it still looked class then. A proper old fashioned action film.

Comment

Ha ha, legendary! Like Stallone's Tony Stark goatee.

Comment

Cooooooooooooooooool.

Comment

Gone from watching the A-Team trailer and liking it to watching this and thinking its going to be utterly terrible. Stallone looks older than his mother now with all his surgery. I'm assuming that Willis and Arnie are only doing cameo's?

Comment

Originally posted by NemesiS View Post
                              Gone from watching the A-Team trailer and liking it to watching this and thinking its going to be utterly terrible. Stallone looks older than his mother now with all his surgery. I'm assuming that Willis and Arnie are only doing cameo's?
                              Lets get real here. The a team trailer looks abysmal

Comment

Agreed. This is the real A-Team!
                                Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                                X