No announcement yet.

Depeche Mode are back !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shouldn't be to hard merf. Just rip the disc to your hdd, with a DVD ripper (Slysoft anyDvd for example). Then if it's a certain part you need, no need to convert it all. Just drag each vob file to vlc. Find the vob that conatins the part you need...

Open it in FlaskMPEG. Open the right vob file (something like vts_02_4). Then either convert that single vob. Or use the selection markers to pick the exact part needed. From the toolbar, select options->output format. choose xvid/divx. Then select either uncompressed PCM audio (.wav). (Click video panel, if needed to shrink the video resolution, don't matter if it's a short clip). Then finally, click Flask it...

After that, you'll have a avi, with wav audio. drag this into VirtualDub, the go File-> Save Wav. Then with this wav file, drag into iTunes, conver to either mp3 or aac and fill in the info for the tune..!

Hope this helps, any problems just ask... Sorry turning this thread into converters-corner...

http://www.flaskmpeg.net/
    http://www.virtualdub.org/download.html

I've been listening to Sounds of the Universe too, good so far, better the more you listen. Only the ordinary poor mans version though !

FlaskMPEG

VirtualDub
    Last edited by wonderboy; 22-04-2009, 18:09.

Comment

thanks for the help, did a bit of head scratching and found a 1 step mp3 ripper from dvd in some Aimersoft package I had on the pc, really good and got all the studio tracks ripped up nicely

Comment

Nice, glad you got it done merf.

Comment

I'd never go as far as to call a £60 boxset a bargain but this is a great package.

I've now watched all the documentaries, they are actually pretty good and give a real insight into how well the band get on now and how much work goes into the songs, you really see how many iterations something like Wrong went thru. You also realise (if you didn't already) what a spare part Andy Fletcher is.

The bonus songs are actually pretty good too and fit really well with the whole feel of the main album, they aren't cheap tossed off filler.

Finally the demos are always interesting as you see how close or not the song ends up to the original vision.

Like I say not a bargain but for the obsessive fan really good stuff, they haven't just thrown this out and filled it up with tat.

Comment

I just watched that "Stories of Old" clip on youtube after listening to Some Great Reward on my ipod earlier - Brilliant.

Some Great Reward is one of my fave albums. It is the point where they really matured musically as a band. I saw Depeche live when they toured this album (showing my age here!), probably the first gig i ever attended.

Only listened to the new album once and it seems pretty good, certainly an improvement on the last couple of albums.

They're on Later with Jools Holland this weekend too.

Comment

i am totally hooked on this album, the box set contains 3 brilliant extra tracks too in Ghost, Sun & The Moon and Light. all 3 should have been on the main album in place of a couple of the weaker tracks. Ghost & Light are up there in my fave mode tracks of all time at the moment they are that good.

what really is standing out is the production, so much is mastered for ipod and mp3 now but this album just sounds so deep and huge and interesting. I'm quite lucky in that my bmw has the top end stereo in it and I've got nice kit at home, these old analogue synths on this are giving off such warm sounds.

saw them on Jools Holland on Tuesday, sound OK live still, was funny to see Fletch standing around like a spare part though ! The rocky guitar led update to Personal Jesus they did was pretty good.

After that Stories of Old update I'd love to see them do an album of re-takes of old stuff like this.

Comment

I could never download a DM album, and have been waiting for the physical CD to become cheap enough for me to buy. They had it in the Borders sale this afty, for £6.99, sealed, with 50% off (which made it a ridiculously JazzFunktastic £3.50).

Have to say, it's *brilliant*. I'm listening to it now. Nothing will ever be as brilliantly perfect as Violator, but this beautifully straddles the balance between vintage Mode and the current ageing/uncertain stage. 29 years. There's a massive amount of power there, still, and it's great to hear, it's really warming to the soul.

(Gonna DL those extra boxset tracks Merf mentioned, mind...because I simply am not gonna pay £60 for a boxset that contains three extra tracks)

Comment

glad you enjoying it, its been in my car since it came out and I was listening only yesterday.

for me its up there as one of their strongest albums, definitely the equal of violator, black celebration and music for the masses.

the extra tracks are well worth grabbing, some great sounds on them (especially the wibbly wobbly synth bit on Light)

Wrong is a stone cold Mode classic

Comment

I've just put this back to to listen the other day after a few months without it. I'm still enjoying it and it is a definate grower. For me it isn't as strong as Playing The Angel, but it's a different style of album from that. It reminds me a bit of a darker Exciter.

Comment

It's a definite grower for me too. Completely agree that Wrong is a total classic. The others have taken me a while to get into though. Jezebel is really starting to grow on me now after a few listens. Heard it agian this morning and really liked it.

I've been a fan of Mode since day one and Playing the Angel is the first album they have ever done that I just could not get into. I've gone back to it afew times but it just doesn't work for me. Don't know why.

I would actually say that Ultra is my favourite Mode album. It's No Good has even surpassed the mighty Personal Jesus to me as my favourite track. I'm probably on my own with this though!
                      Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Personal Jesus is over-familiar these days. It's still a great song but I've heard it too many times now and I don't want to get sick of it.

Ultra is my favourite DM album too, although it's the album that introduced me to them in the first place. Hard to believe that it's twelve years old already. "The Bottom Line" is an absolutely fantastic song.

Comment

if I had to pick it would be hard to choose between Music for the Masses and Black Celebration for me, I'd probably slightly go towards MftM.

Its No Good is another total stonker, I've just been putting together a cd for the car with all the 'huge' sounding Mode tracks on it, sounding great.

There aren't many bands around with as good and expansive a back catalogue as these guys now.

Comment

Nice to hear some other Ultra appeciaters. 12 years might seem a long time but I remember when Dreaming of Me was released. And that's nearly THIRTY years ago! Suddenly feel very old.
                            Don't look at me, I'm irrelevant.

Comment

Ultra is my favorite as well. I usually find it's an unpopular choice, so it's good to see others appreciate it on here

Comment

I've dug out some old Mode in last day or so, just rediscovered my import Personal Jesus CD single which has a great acoustic version & a brilliant track called Dangerous on it. Violater had some great b sides, Sea of Sin and Happiest Girl were album quality too.

Ultra got lost a bit musically at the time as all people wanted to talk about was Dave Gahans smack issues. Its a great album.

Comment

Working...
                                X