Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bash View Post
    I'm afraid I have to agree, for me PaTaitos use of the term ball breaker suggests he belives Skyler in some way prevents Walt from being a man when in fact she's one of the few questioning and limiting his never ending lust for power and money. It was Skyler who called him and confronted him with his vast wealth and asked "how much is enough". Her character is one of the few voices of reason on the show and shes been tortured, mentally at least, just as much as Jessie by Walts selfishness.
    It boils down to the fact she is a control freak....maybe not so much in recent episodes since she had her mental breakdown, however just look back at early seasons and take note.

She wanted to control every aspect of walts life, arguably pushing him further down this road to power...

Walt only felt free when he was heisenberg.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      And yet it wasn't. It's not neurotic if she is right. And Skyler knew at this point what Walt was capable of and she also new that Walt is a compulsive liar. He can't ever be trusted and so shouldn't be trusted. This twisted lack of logic you're pitching plus use of 'ball breaker' reveals exactly where this is coming from and it has damn all to do with what actually happened in the show.
      She was right to try and knife him devoid of any info?

How was she right? yes hank died....was it walts immediate actions that made it so? Nope, it was hanks.

She had already made peace with the bigger picture, as evidenced by the phony video.

I think clearly the two sisters were created to be domineering...almost giving rise to walt being the way he is.

He is nothing more than a sad repressed character really...acting out to the extreme.
      Last edited by PaTaito; 26-09-2013, 09:36.

Comment

PaTaito, could you live with Walt?

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
          PaTaito, could you live with Walt?
          Not with the meth **** no, but then for one he and i are not married with kids.

I couldn't live with skyler either though...

It would be a close call between the two, both have serious flaws which is what makes for compelling viewing.

My sympathy goes to jesse, and his ex girlfriend.

Comment

Possible spoiler alert of you do not want to try and guess the ending:-

Me and my friend have a bet on what the fade to credit scene will be. I predict Walt will be sat down, alone, smoking a cigarette. I am unsure what he has done before hand but he will be smoking a cigarette with ricin in it. He does not want to die in jail, he can't live on the run for much longer so he is going to do whatever he does then he is going out on his terms, his way, The last scene will be the heisenberg hat falling off his head as the ricin kicks in.

I can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Comment

LOL, you've thought long and hard about that? I've given up trying to guess the future plots on this show since series 1. NOTHING has happened that I could've anticipated. Its been a strange and windy road.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                LOL, you've thought long and hard about that?
                Nope. It just came to me whilst we were discussing outcomes.

Comment

I actually stood up and gave it a round of applause.

Comment

I felt like doing the same, although I was watching it in the office so would've got some strange looks as well as having everyone realise I wasnt doing anywork!

Ties everything up, you assume

the money gets to Walts kids so in a sick way he achieves one of his goals, also a fantastic touch having him finally admit to Skyler that he enjoyed being Heisenberg. I also LOVED the way he threatened and scared the Schwartzs, never liked that couple. Was really glad that was included, I wasnt happy with the episode before having them appear on the Charlie Rose show, I was like, thats it?

cant imagine thered be too many fans not happy with how this ended, how refreshing to finish things off satisfactorily without being definitive. Best Drama series along with The Wire. Packed with LOL, tears, shocks, satisfaction and horror moments.

There'll never be anything like this again, powerhouse performances all round.

I miss it already

*edit*

Looks like I have Kevin Cordasco to thank for the extra involvment of

The Schawtz's

SPOILERS in the link - http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstj...-breaking-bad/
                    Last edited by bash; 30-09-2013, 13:08.

Comment

Just watched it. Pretty much how I felt the end would play out (with some details I didn't see coming of course) and I don't mean that in any negative way. For me, there were only two ways this could end at this point with the other being

him dying slowly and painfully of cancer so this was kind of upbeat by comparison.

Happy they went this route. A great end to a great show.

I felt this season was Rocky V and in a way I guess that fits. At one point, the creator said that he wasn't glorifying meth production and I though, no you kind of are. But it ended in the gutter, so far from the ideals of the Heisenberg persona. So he was right. Like I posted before,

Walt was never Heisenberg as much as he wanted to be (and as much as we as the audience wanted him to be in places). A fantastic cook but too weak to be the boss. Mike knew him better than anyone and eventually Walt was stripped back to the man he really was, fighting street fights to restore even a hint of dignity like Rocky V.

Great television. Now that I watched that, I can safely surf the Internet again.
                      Last edited by Dogg Thang; 30-09-2013, 15:22.

Comment

Actually quite sad that's it's all over, very much as I felt when The Shield ended.

One of the greatest shows of all time and arguably the finest final series of anything ever.

Comment

The only weakness i could find in that last episode was the

convenient way in which the gang decided not to check walts boot, despite virtually strip searching walt himself...

I also really liked that scene between walt and skyler, pretty much confirming my thoughts on walt only really being happy as heisenberg.

I also would have liked a bit more conflab between jessie and walt, but the scene still worked brilliantly well...despite so many things left unsaid.

This has been my favorite tv show ever.
                          Last edited by PaTaito; 01-10-2013, 03:01.

Comment

I was also hoping to hear more from Walt and Jesse but I suppose, given how far it had gone, Jesse and Walt had very little left to talk about. One plot point I was kind of surprised didn't get a mention in the episode was the tape Walt made blaming Hank. It was a plot point that seemed big and yet was dropped so quickly I couldn't hep thinking they were planting the seeds for it to become something bigger later. As it was, it was a very quick dead end plot.

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                              The only weakness i could find in that last episode was the

convenient way in which the gang decided not to check walts boot, despite virtually strip searching walt himself...

I also really liked that scene between walt and skyler, pretty much confirming my thoughts on walt only really being happy as heisenberg.

I also would have liked a bit more conflab between jessie and walt, but the scene still worked brilliantly well...despite so many things left unsaid.

This has been my favorite tv show ever.
                              I thought that patatio

though maybe they figured that even if there was a gun in the boot, what could he possibly do with it being surrounded in the club house, they never would of seen what happened coming, who would?

Comment

That final conversation between Skyler and Walt might just be my fave scene of the season, maybe the whole series. Just beautifully restrained acting.

Where do those actors go from here, the only way is down, surely? Aaron Paul is already making Need for Speed as a Fast and Furious rival series, not sure that was such a great move but we'll wait for the trailers.

Comment

Working...
                                X