Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for explaining that, Charlie. It was very helpful. Completely lacking deeper understanding of the beliefs myself, though, I would say that experience of the world also teaches someone about themselves.

Comment

I'm 6 episodes into Twin Peaks. I expected to LOVE it but I have no idea what's happening half the time. Storylines are all over the place episode to episode and the policing and detective work to find Laura's killer is pretty terrible. I know the idea is to be a bit off the wall but it doesn't make any sense at all. And I wasn't expecting it to make MUCH sense.

Comment

I haven't seen Twin Peaks for a very long time but I think you should stick with it. Have you ever seen The Lost Highway?

Comment

I will stick with it. Not seen Lost Highway but have seen Mulholland and Wild At Heart. I do enjoy Lynch, but I'm not sure why!

Comment

All I can say is watch The Lost Highway asap. It's baffling at times in a similar way to Mulholland Drive (no spoilers...), but I like it a lot more. My favourite Lynch film, probably, along with Blue Velvet. I have to admit it makes no sense at times but it's just got a creepy charm to it. You've got me ready to watch Twin Peaks again, so thanks!

Comment

Decided to see if Red Or Black was worth the hype. Kicked off with a quite fun spot of Trials HD-style stuntage then degenerated rapidly into one of the most inane pieces of **** I've ever witnessed on TV (Christ, one of the 'challenges' involved people getting into parked cars, and turning the ignition keys to see if they started the engine, ffs - riveting viewing!).

I'm really puzzled as to how so much money could be spent on crap like this, the sets are HUGE, grandiose and complexly-designed, the lighting is vast, dazzling and intricate but the show is WEEEEEAAK, so f*cking BORING, god knows how much money is spent on this, hundreds of thousands, millions (?????!) It all segues neatly into the X-Factor vibe, not only Ant & Dec presenting but even Louis Walsh and The Hoff were on it(!), it's just plain icky weird. Also, hate how they're going for that Deal Or No Deal-style 'we're all best friends' schtick, like the contestants aren't against each other, they're becoming like a 'family' due to them spending quite a lot of time together (sod that, it's obviously all about that million).

Not only that, The X-Factor was sandwiched inbetween, so I had to sit through that sack of cack because I'd had a Chinese and couldn't be bothered shifting my arse from the sofa, and that's nearly three hours of my life I'm never gonna get back.

I hate these timewasting shows that (mainly) ITV seems to make, like they offer VERY little content and are padded out to the max, with ad breaks all over the shop. Seriously, you could trim all that stuff (X-Factor included!) down to probably half an hour, tops. I was pretty shocked by how low/dumb/thick/sheeplike ITV must feel that your average Saturday evening TV viewer actually IS and I felt such a braindead clod for wasting nearly three hours on this f*cking garbage.

I just hope that Jonny Ross's new show is gonna be good...

Comment

Hate the time wasting shows too, especially Deal or No Deal, christ. They could show the whole game in 5 minutes really. The whole cuddling the contestents for opening blue boxes, and talk of game plans on a completely friggen random game.

Started watching The Tudors after finishing The Borgias, both excellent shows highly recommend them

Comment

Jazz - Why did you sit there all that time if you hated it so much?
                  I don't even bother watching any of it. Set Doctor Who on series link and got Jonathon Ross recorded to see what the new show is like and popped a DVD on instead of watch the crap that ITV churn out.

Comment

^Mainly out of curiosity. Couple of guys at work have been raving about it like it was some 'event'. Man was I burned.

Never again.

Comment

Anyone else watching Appropriate Adult? It stars Dominic West of The Wire as Fred West. Check it out!

Comment

The way the red or black producers brought up that the guy who won a million had a conviction for assault 2 years ago as a major controversy was sick. Do we have no rehabilitation in this country?

It was all clearly something 'leaked' by the producers in order to build controversy and boost ratings. For that reason, I'm going to ensure I never watch that piece of crap.

I've been meaning to watch The Borgias but I've never caught it. New series of Boardwalk Empire starts soon which I'm looking forward to.

Comment

Well, Entourage finished last night, last ever episode. It seemed like the writers had to tie everything up in 30 minutes. All a bit hurried and sugary and disappointing really. But I've enjoyed the show over the years so can forgive a dodgy last ep. For me the highlight of this final series was Andrew Dice Clay.

I've seen the first episode of Treme Season 2 and it seems just as great as the first. One of my fave shows at the mo'.

Lastly we're watching season 3 of Big Love ... which can be a big hit & miss but generally worth a watch.

I think the new series of Dexter starts next week in the States. I only wish FX had the same 'one day after the States' focus Sky Atlantic and Sky 1 have. As it is I'll probably have to wait the thick end of a year to see it.

Comment

Watching some program about the wifes of BNP members on Sky 2.

Quite intriguing and really does show what a bunch of racists they are! I had thought perhaps if they repackaged themselves they would gain a fair amount of support the way the country is at the moment but these people are insane.

Comment

^Will that be on the 360 Sky Player? I'd definitely be interested in that, having grown up with lots of folk like that around me. The HATE is fascinating, spooky. Love him or hate him, Russell Brand did a really good documentary about that subject a few years back, it might still be on YouTube.

Anyway, deviation concluded, just watched the end of the 4th season of Dexter. Though I really like it, I spoiled it (and all current TV hereon in) by watching Breaking Bad beforehand.

The END, though, simply did not see that coming, colour me shocked.

Comment

I'd love to hear some stories some day. The thing about the BNP and similar parties is that they do try and rebrand themselves, but they usually have a core group of hardcore psychos. What I never understand is the Nazi affiliations, which admittedly they do try to hide, but it's usually lurking in the background. The latest season of Dexter is about to kick off and it has a pretty heavyweight actor in it...

Comment

Working...
                                X