Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched the entire season of 'the event' which was really fantastic. Tis a shame no second series is planned

Comment

Finished watching Game of Thrones, it improved a lot in the last few episodes and I'll give season 2 a go though it's definitely an overrated series. It's impressive to see such a carefully managed adaptation displayed on the small screen but for the most part there's nothing new here with the events playing out in a very predictable manner. It's quite hard to engage with too as the passage of time is typically very poorly explained and the show has little in the way of likeable characters. Alright overall, but I won't count down the days to S2.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
        Watched the entire season of 'the event' which was really fantastic. Tis a shame no second series is planned
        Really? Urgh, I resented having to watch it by the end but I'd stuck with it too long I had to see it through. It was like it wanted to be Lost with the backstabbery twists of 24.

Comment

Whilst on babt duty I've been working through Son's of Anarchy.. It's ace.

Comment

New season on Idiot Abroad. Some genuine laugh out loud moment in it.

Comment

"I'm in a 3rd class train cabin. I don't even send my letters third class!" He is a cretin though.

I've got that Teen Wolf series to watch, but I think I'll sack it off. I'd rather watch Spooks, Fringe, Boardwalk Empire, Life on Mars and several other shows I never got around to watching in the past!

Anybody seen it?

Comment

I loved it on Idiot Abroad where he was proper ranting about that Russian taxi driver.

Comment

Almost all of the new shows have started and old ones returned.

Homeland - Closer to Sleeper Cell than 24 but without the smouldering hotness. I liked it but I can't see the story lasting multiple seasons.

Terra Nova - I liked it but part of the charm is it's naffness (think sliders, stargate). SO much better than Falling Skies.

2 Broke Girls - This isn't good but it makes me laugh a few times.

Playboy Club - The saucy lasses are the only draw.

Pan Am - This is one of the most offensive things I've ever seen. Forty minute long advert.

Awkward - It's already ended (I think) but I liked it. If you could stomach glee you might like it.

It's always Sunny in Philadelphia is winning the returning comedy war. The Office is getting worse, Community started off poorly but got back to normal in the second episode.

Still need to try Up all night and Hell on Wheels when it starts.

Comment

Bort - you should try out Doctor Who sometime

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                      Bort - you should try out Doctor Who sometime
                      or maybe True Blood?

**** off you mangy ****.

Comment

True Blood AND Doctor Who. As much as you can in one sitting if possible.

Then if you want stick on some Celebrity Juice for the funnys.

Comment

*fumes*

If I didn't have to throw a brick at Kryss it would be winging it's way to you.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            "I'm in a 3rd class train cabin. I don't even send my letters third class!" He is a cretin though. I've got that Teen Wolf series to watch, but I think I'll sack it off. I'd rather watch Spooks, Fringe, Boardwalk Empire, Life on Mars and several other shows I never got around to watching in the past! Anybody seen it?
                            You didn't mention Breaking Bad, are you watching it? It's extremely good, far too good to explain, even.

Comment

I know nothing of Breaking Bad except the title and it seems popular on here.

I don't want spoilers, so I've avoided the specific thread, but what's it all about, Alfie?

Comment

Man gets seriously bad news, has to resort to extremely drastic measures to help his family financially- that's the complete non-spoilered version. It's dark at times but also hilarious at other times, great acting, haven't enjoyed any show this much since The Sopranos. I've been watching Boardwalk Empire and other shows but non of them come close to the best of Breaking Bad. Who's Alfie, dude?

Comment

Working...
                                X