Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like I can LoveFilm the first two series, so I might check it out. Sounds pretty dark from the synopsis though...

As for who Alfie is, it's Michael Caine and Cilla sings the theme tune:

Comment

It is dark at times but not always, it has some great comedic moments, too. I know about that Alfie, just never seen it, I think.

Comment

Tried out BBC3's new show The Fades.

It really is rather nice

Comment

I didn't know Onion News Network was due to start again.

Up All Night is another flop for Will Arnett. Boo-urns.

Comment

watched the two episodes of the new series of family guy got to say been pretty poor so far

Comment

Did anybody else watch the recent episode of Wheeler Dealers? Random, I know.
              They bought a Delorean over in America for cheapy cheap then brought it back to the UK for a refurb and it looked brand new after they were finished with it!
              Such an iconic car and was great to see it looking its best.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that one. That place he bought the new-old-stock parts from was amazing, like a Delorean museum. The bodywork specialst did an amazing job of refinishing the stainless steel too. Dream car.

Comment

Big Suze on an episode of CSI: Miami this week. Lolz.

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                    They bought a Delorean over in America for cheapy cheap then brought it back to the UK for a refurb and it looked brand new after they were finished with it!
                    Iconic for being ****e!

Comment

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
                      I watched this randomly the other day when channel flicking. Was on a channel called shed discovery, or discovery shed, wasn't too sure which was one about a little orange 3 wheeled car. Not a bad low budget daytime show tbh...

Would like to see this episode though, my dad wants a Delorean and will probably buy one once my brothers are older and no longer dependents. He said there is a place in the US that restores them and does customisation so you can have nice leather seats and decent speakers etc as well as a better engine and all that jazz...
                      Last edited by koopatroopa90; 20-10-2011, 22:59. Reason: too many littles this time. I should really read things before I post...

Comment

yeah funnily enough the refurb probably made the delorean far better then when it was new

Comment

Did episode 9 of Season 5 of Dexter several hours back. Breaking Bad's spoiled me like Daddy Warbucks multiplied, it's hard for other things to compare, but there are only three episodes left of this season of Dexter and, though it's absorbing, this is WEAK, the
                          storyline seems desperate and I'm only really fascinated by the

Jonny Lee Miller inclusion

because I find

Christlike self-help insanoes

fascinating.

Been a weird year, since July have done 2 seasons of Carnivale, 4 seasons of Breaking Bad, 6 seasons of Oz, pretty much done 5 seasons of Dexter, in 24 hours I'll be done. I need to be back with a woman.

Comment

Was the self-help guru in Dexter based on Tony Robbins? Or just people in that field? That season was very disappointing, the latest one seems a bit better, so far. Not much better though.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                              Yeah, I saw that one. That place he bought the new-old-stock parts from was amazing, like a Delorean museum. The bodywork specialst did an amazing job of refinishing the stainless steel too. Dream car.
                              Glad I wasn't the only one who saw it and has a love for the car
                              Was really impressive what they guy did to get the bodywork up to "scratch" again as it's such an odd finish for a car to have.
                              Koops - it's worth trying to find the episode again if you can as like eastyy says they ended up getting it to look perfect, not bad for a 30 year old motor.

Comment

Just watched ep 5 of An Idiot Abroad. Still irked by the general air of fakery about it but am enjoying it as a travel documentary. Wasn't the best episode tonight but had the best moment of the series so far, the bit with the hippo was soooooooo futching cuuuuute, I was never expecting to see that, so this had both the element of surprise AND the element of delight. Lovely.

Originally posted by shinobi7000 View Post
                                Was the self-help guru in Dexter based on Tony Robbins? Or just people in that field? That season was very disappointing, the latest one seems a bit better, so far. Not much better though.
                                Yeah, and generally others in that field, with a dash of Eckhart Tolle blobbed in there. Definitely the weakest season of Dexter I've ever seen (makes the Smits season 3 seem like a masterpiece!) and so...so fake-ass, those mealy-mouthed voiceovers from Dex seemed so redundant and weak and annoying this season, given how subpar it generally was. Still, reliably watchable, as always, though this season reminded of Brookside around the time it went mad and imploded.

Will deffo be getting season 6 but my expectations aren't high.

Comment

Working...
                                X