Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New US season has started and Blindspot seems to have opened alright. Fox is struggling however.

Fox is NOT having a good start to the new season. Following in the wake of a poor turnout for its “Minority Report” follow-up, the network’s even more high-profile “Scream Queens” debuted to a surprisingly soft start. Tracking figures ahead of the premiere were strong, but the final numbers were rather paltry with only a […]

Minority Report opened to low numbers meaning the axe may already be looming, also Scream Queens received low key numbers also. On other networks Limitless got low ratings but decent figures whilst Muppets got mixed ratings but solid numbers.

Comment

Did anyone watch the third series of Ripper Street?

I found the second series hard work as all the characters went off the rails and turned on each other.

This series has been tremendous though, with some tense plots, violent scenes and real roller coaster emotions!

The characters were well written too with the grey areas between good and bad getting larger each week.

One of my favourite characters this season was the journalist who previously was quite weasely, but this time, was one of the most principled one and easily the one with the biggest cajones come the end of the series.

Some lovely conclusions for the main characters too.

Comment

I watched all of Ripper Street QC, not quite as good as seasons one and two you're right. You say about conclusions but two more seasons have recently been given the go ahead by Amazon.

Second season of Gotham is looking very promising, Penguin doesn't look quite as menacing as before though and from memory don't think he even limped in the room when Jim was asking for a favour....

eastyy I enjoy Z-Nation, harmless stuff and yes some good lines in it now and again.

Everytime I see this game cover it makes me think of Murphy in Z-Nation

I've also been watching Narcos and think it's great, really well cast and produced, shame know most of the Escobar story already, but well worth a watch.
        Last edited by VR46; 25-09-2015, 11:23.

Comment

Dunno if anyone saw scream queens but i enjoyed it ..think american horror story but more comedic....one scene with texting just made me laugh a lot

Comment

Set January as a must see month when Banshee S4 starts, no firm date yet but it's always been shown on a Friday

The next eight weeks after that will be fantastic

Comment

a lot of the US shows are starting to return even though a couple of belters have been cancelled, so far this morning watched:

The last man on earth S2
              Bit of a sleeper hit this last year and it took me a couple of episodes to actually like Tandy, but it's back and starts off which him driving a stealth bomber to the shops, funny moments and looks like his brother might be in it a lot more - proper jealous of his man beard

Brooklyn 99
              Always loved this tv show and came back well, one of my favourite fox shows

the player
              a new one and looks promising, cant really say much about it as it might spoil it but this is the synopsis over at epguides
              A security expert is coerced into working for a mysterious syndicate whose members bet on his ability to thwart complex crimes

others that have started so far
              blood and oil, rosewood, heroes reborn, greys anatomy, family guy, simpsons, once upon a time, quantico, mysteries of laura and loads of others that I don't watch or don't intend on watching (Bobs burgers etc)

Comment

We've hopped off Z Nation now. The first season was a guilty pleasure aided by how dull TWD is but Season 2 feels too self aware in its cheesey badness and the fun has gone.

Tried Whispers, reasonable but I get the sense it will burn out its welcome fast.

Same for Scream. First ep was so so, the switch in format works but the cast are awful and it's likely to feel like one of the films after 8 hours of padding has been added.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  a lot of the US shows are starting to return even though a couple of belters have been cancelled, so far this morning watched:

The last man on earth S2
                  Bit of a sleeper hit this last year and it took me a couple of episodes to actually like Tandy, but it's back and starts off which him driving a stealth bomber to the shops, funny moments and looks like his brother might be in it a lot more - proper jealous of his man beard

Brooklyn 99
                  Always loved this tv show and came back well, one of my favourite fox shows

the player
                  a new one and looks promising, cant really say much about it as it might spoil it but this is the synopsis over at epguides
                  A security expert is coerced into working for a mysterious syndicate whose members bet on his ability to thwart complex crimes

others that have started so far
                  blood and oil, rosewood, heroes reborn, greys anatomy, family guy, simpsons, once upon a time, quantico, mysteries of laura and loads of others that I don't watch or don't intend on watching (Bobs burgers etc)
                  Have you got some kind of time machine?
                  You've watched 12 films and 13+ tv shows in the space of a weekend.
                  I don't know how you fit it all in!

Comment

My partner and children have been away since Friday so used the time to catch up on loads of telly that I haven't had a chance to watch, so just had a veg weekend apart from plastering a hole in the wall my stairgate made and tonight I will paint it

I've always wondered how the anime guys can fit in what they watch but there has been other movies I started and just didn't finish like a Royal night on the town - not for me

Because VR46 seems to be an advocate of Z nation and even though I didn't watch the last half of the first season because it was so poor I decided to watch some of the second season and have now given up at episode 2 definitely done with that

Comment

I'm just a bit jealous, mate!

My wife and son went away for a week, but she had so many jobs for me to do, I hardly watched/played anything!

Comment

I've done all the washing and there are no dishes and my missus will be happy with the plastering

My partners mum and I have a 'hate each' agreement so we don't bother with each other so I know if my missus wants to go and see her in Telford with the kids she wouldn't leave me a list to do anything, I'm sure she would love to but know's it's not worth the hassle

The only job I had on the horizon was to remove my tree and stump and I did that last week but I did tell her I was going to smash GTA all weekend and I haven't even switched the PS4 on

Comment

heroes reborn
                          Meh, alright nice wee double episode but none of the new characters are actually any good or at least not as good as the original cast
                          I actually enjoyed heroes when it first started but it believed it's own hype too much and ended up being filler episodes before it was eventually cancelled, pretty much like lost in a way
                          Last edited by buster_broon; 28-09-2015, 21:32.

Comment

Al Jean talks with THR about why he would never split up Homer and Marge and why the idea of their breakup — and Kermit and Piggy on ABC's 'The Muppets' revival — went viral.

It'll probably not happen but the showrunner of The Simpsons has said he could envisage a scenario where the show ends around season 30.

Comment

Watched that program about south park called 6 days to it was really good but thought that was always in the back of my mind....how good would the show be if they took a bit longer to refine episodes ?

Comment

that's the problem with south park

everything is topical, so if you watch it years down the line some of the stuff wont really make sense

apart from Scott Tenorman must die

Comment

Working...
                                X