Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've powered through four seasons of Parks and Recreation in the last five days. I'm addicted, love it.

Comment

Yes was a good show, can never have too much Rashida Jones in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        I've powered through four seasons of Parks and Recreation in the last five days. I'm addicted, love it.
        Couldn't even finish episode 1, it was just uninteresting.

Comment

Loved Parks and Rec, first season is a bit ropey but 2-6 are great fun. Season 7 never happened.... It never happened!

Comment

The Death of Superman Lives
            Interesting documentary detailing the ill-fated Nicholas Cage entry into the franchise. Really doesn't change the end expectation that the film being made and released would have been interesting to see but an abomination to the characters legacy.

Comment

Watched two new shows recently

The brink - not so good but funny in places

Ballers - Dwayne Johnstone new comedy about financial management in American football, absolutely love it

Comment

Coming to the end of Psych now, and I really think it peaked in seasons 3-6. 7 was okay, 8 is just odd so far, including an almost exact remake of an episode from an early season. Odd choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Loved Parks and Rec, first season is a bit ropey but 2-6 are great fun. Season 7 never happened.... It never happened!
                  I didn't mind season 7 at all, what didn't you like about it?

Naturally, I'm all finished with the show now. Really enjoyed it.

Comment

I felt that the

jump to the future and full on move away from the recs department robbed it of the dynamic they'd built. It initially felt like a big out of nowhere shift but they did so little with it. Felt like the kind of end scene Season 6 used it for to show you a glimpse of what happened but dragged out all season with much less of the humour and interaction they'd had. It wasn't awful but felt for me like going out on a whimper rather than pulling it together like The Office managed to do just in time for its ending

Comment

Anyone else watch Under The Dome? enjoyed first two seasons, but have knocked it on the head a couple of episodes in to season three. All just got a bit too bizarre.

Comment

Watched all of Eastbound and Down this weekend. I think I enjoyed it, was recommended to me by a friend. Either way, I'm surprised I like something with Danny McBride in it so much.

Comment

I have never seen the actual show but I'm pretty sure I've probably seen the entire series as gifs on Tumblr.

Comment

The first season is absolutely sublime, one of my favourite TV shows. The first episode of season 2 is also brilliant. Everything after that is on a steady slide into mediocrity which is a real shame.

The first season though - short but perfectly performed. A shame if it's been spoiled for you but do watch it.

Comment

I watched that documentary about the new Thunderbirds show last night.

It was called something like Reggie Meets The Thunderbirds because it was presented by Reggie Yates, a self-proclaimed lifelong fan of the show.
                              It was a little bit too much about Reggie and wholly focussed on the new show, but the behind-the-scenes footage was really interesting.

I was surprised to see that it's not all CGI. The characters and some ships are done with computers, but a large number of sets are real models and the highlight was Reggie's tour of the WETA Workshop, which was a treasure trove of movie memorabilia and props from films they'd been involved in. Richard Taylor, the founder of WETA said Thunderbirds was a big influence on him.

I still want to watch "Filmed in Supermarionation" for an honest look at the original shows, but this was an interesting distraction and was pleased to see the real models.

Here's the whole thing, if you're interested!

Comment

Cinemax has canceled its acclaimed but little seen crime drama “Banshee” with the show’s upcoming fourth season to serve as its last. In a statement, co-creator/EP Jonathan Tropper says: “While we certainly considered returning for a fifth season, I always said that when the story was told, it would be time to move on, and […]

Season 4 of Banshee will be the final one

Comment

Working...
                                X