No announcement yet.

Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody watched it on DVD? Is it present on that too?
    It will be, yeah, it's part of the original film.

Comment

I gone BD mad this month, got Michael Clayton, 30 Days of Night and Brave One en-route!!

Looking forward to the Uncut Hitman next-month...

Comment

I picked up the Ratatouille Boxset yesterday, i was just wondering as Pixar Shorts has the subtitle volume 1? As it looks like it already has all they have done so far. Can anyone clarify on that? Otherwise if that is all of them, theres seriously going to be a long wait before volume 2 comes out, seeing as they only ever release 1 short per year.

Comment

Yeah, it does have all they've done so far. I guess they just stuck Volume 1 on there because they know they'll be doing more anyway.

Was a good watch though; I had no idea that they'd been doing shorts since the mid-80s; really amazing watching the massive leaps in animation quality etc., and of course it all looks gorgeous in 1080p.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
            Yeah, it does have all they've done so far. I guess they just stuck Volume 1 on there because they know they'll be doing more anyway.

Was a good watch though; I had no idea that they'd been doing shorts since the mid-80s; really amazing watching the massive leaps in animation quality etc., and of course it all looks gorgeous in 1080p.
            I haven't watched it yet, but i bet the audio commentaries are great. Would be good to hear what technology they were using back in '84.

Comment

I think it covers all of their Pixar stuff but there are things projects like The Works which as far as I know hasn't ever been seen outside of Lucas Film.

They've also made commercials for companies such as Apple, Tropicana and many others.

I get the feeling that there is more Sesame Street stuff that they did too, I can't be sure of that though.

Although most of this doesn't really come under the short film banner I'd certainly like to see them being included on the next volume!

Comment

Unless I've missed them, the version I have only has Sesame Street shorts on it. There's no Apple or Tropicana stuff

Comment

Sorry, it is just a few of Sesame Street things on it.

I was trying to say that although it does have everything that is correct to class as a short film that I'd like to see them expand that in the next one to also include things like those as they have done quite a few commercials over the years.

They aren't exactly amazing to watch but it would be nice for them to include them in the way they did with the Sesame Street shorts, if they were allowed to.

Have I made it clearer now I've thought slightly about what I'm typing lol?

Comment

I'll bet those are going to come on Volume 2 when it comes out on Purple-ray.

Comment

Isn't Purple-ray a prince album?

Comment

I thought it was quite cool it had the stuff on from when they were still part of Lucas Arts.

I haven't listened to the commentaries but from looking at the credits it looks like John Lasseter was very hands on in the early days. He is listed under the modeling credits for most of the early stuff.
                        Last edited by ne0star; 13-02-2008, 13:12.

Comment

I have nothing but good thoughts about John Lasseter. Even although he seems to be doing the more executive stuff now, the environment he's made is probably the closest thing to the "good old days" of animation production.

I was listening to this radio interview with Brad Bird and he mentioned that if Pixar had been like all the other companies, executive-run with pie charts and spread sheets, Ratatouille would never have been made because the concept is so un-Hollywood. They really do just put their trust in a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                            ...if Pixar had been like all the other companies, executive-run with pie charts and spread sheets...
                            ... they would be Dreamworks Animation/PDI

Comment

Yes, exactly, and Remy would have been remodelled to look like Patton Oswalt. Oh, and the film would have been called "Ratz"

(I'm writing a Dissertation about animation and how it's mostly gone down the crapper right now, so this sort of stuff is really grating on me).

Comment

I noticed American Psycho, Black Hawk Down, Rising Sun and Black Rain (heard hit or miss on this one) on Blu-Ray today. Is the image quality worth shelling out for these? Are there further re-issues of these movies in the pipeline?

Comment

Working...
                                X