Blu-Ray Best Of The Best - for discussing releases only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strider View Post
    wow, so if they're getting no country for old men on monday, i'd get it by wednesday at the latest?
    Yes mate, if you scroll down to the bottom of the main home page, it usually lists when they're getting what.

NCFOM and Hitman BD on Monday!!

Comment

cheers for that. Looks like I have a new place to order from

Comment

Anyone got / seen Commando on Blu-Ray yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Strider View Post
          wow, so if they're getting no country for old men on monday, i'd get it by wednesday at the latest?
          Everything goes first class recorded so 9/10 its next day.

Comment

"Andy can you hear that?"
            Originally posted by High Def Digest
            In a very early announcement, Warner has set a November Blu-ray debut for 'The Shawshank Redemption.'

One of the most eagerly awaited Blu-ray titles in Warner's catalog, 'The Shawshank Redemption' was first touted for next-gen release last year in a variety of press materials and advertisements, though no hard street date was ever set.

The wait is now over, with Warner scheduling the Frank Darabont-directed classic for a November 4 Blu-ray debut.

With the release date so far off, there were no tech specs or supplement details available at press time, but we expect more to be revealed over the coming months.

Warner has set a suggested $28.98 list price for the Blu-ray.

Comment

Warner Announces ?Batman: Gotham Knight? for Blu-ray Release

Originally posted by Blu-ray stats
              Posted in Studios, US Releases on February 25th, 2008 by Dave Warner has announced Batman: Gotham Knight for Blu-ray release July 8 2008. Will feature a 1080p VC-1 transfer.
              The release will include:
              • A Mirror for the Bat: The Evil Denizens of Gotham City - A stimulating documentary covering Gotham City?s most nefarious of characters, combined with a look into the symbiotic relationship Batman shares with his enemies.
              • Sneak Peek: Wonder Woman - DC Universe animated original movie
              • Batman and Me a Devotion of Destiny: The Bob Kane Story - The comprehensive chronology of the remarkable life of the creator of Batman.
              • Batman: The Animated Series Bonus Episodes - Bruce Timm selects his favorite episodes from Batman: The Animated Series.

Comment

Nice to see more 2D animation on BD. I really want Warner to put out The Iron Giant.

Comment

That was a fantastic film and I somehow managed to completely miss it when it was released...it seems most of the planet did!

Comment

Me too. It was one of my first Region 2 DVDs though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Lyris View Post
                        Nice to see more 2D animation on BD. I really want Warner to put out The Iron Giant.
                        I lent the special edition DVD (with the all new digital transfer <not>) to my parents for them to watch, as they really enjoyed Ratatouille and The Incredibles.

Saw them last night and asked if they liked it - "no, we turned it off about half an in, it was rubbish", they said and added that my auntie asked how old am I to have bought the film as it's a cartoon.

I did say to them that if it was CGI like the Incredibles then I bet they would have loved it (cell animation fascists)!

Still, I love it, and a Blu-ray version would be very nice indeed!

Comment

The Iron Giant is awesome, I have the R2 2 disc set and I'll definitely pick up a BR version if it ever sees release.

Comment

Saw them last night and asked if they liked it - "no, we turned it off about half an in, it was rubbish", they said and added that my auntie asked how old am I to have bought the film as it's a cartoon.
                            Oh dear, they should see my DVD shelves!

Comment

Would they ask the same though if it was the DVD release of, say, Snow White for example? Don't see the difference myself.

Comment

Good question. I guess they'd assume that was a "classic" and allow it to slip. Although the likes of The Iron Giant isn't a very cartoon-y film (there's no eyes jumping out of heads and the like), so I'd have thought people more used to live action wouldn't have a hard time watching it.

Comment

Working...
                                X