The Amazing Spiderman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Amazing Spiderman

Though cast earlier this week, it was unsure what villain Rhys Ifans would play in the upcoming “Spider-Man” reboot at Sony Pictures. Well now it seems The Lizard will be his character according to The Wrap In the comics, Dr. Curt Connors is a Florida surgeon who lost an arm during a stint in the […]

Couldn't find a thread again The Lizard has been confirmed as the big bad for the new reboot. I'm 50-50 with the choice, he's a little too along the fantastical side for my taste but I can see why they chose him and at least they didn't go for a complete retread of the last few films or spam Venom as was rumoured

All very well & good going for the Lizard but surely it's not the best choice.

The background between Peter & Doc Connors would need to be explored properly before they suddenly jump into the Lizard story.

Would prefer they went with someone like Vulture, Shocker or even Rhino before they tackle someone who need's a proper background story.

Neil

Comment

The first image of Spiderman himself is out and confirms that in this version he uses a mechanised webslinger. Personally, I always hated versions of Spiderman which can't shoot web. Without that ability he's not a superhero, he's just an acrobat.

Comment

Not a superhero? What about sticking to surfaces and his spider sense, not to mention his much higher than normal strength?

Comment

Personally I liked the organic web shooting from the trilogy, yes it wasnt traditional but how else could you explain a high school kid inventing such an amazing tech and no one else could? I know Parker is meant to be near genius level science whizz but that does really come about until after his high jinks at school.

Comment

Good choice of actor, but too soon to be rebooting this for me.

Comment

I'd agree it's too soon. There is no need for a reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
                Personally I liked the organic web shooting from the trilogy, yes it wasnt traditional but how else could you explain a high school kid inventing such an amazing tech and no one else could? I know Parker is meant to be near genius level science whizz but that does really come about until after his high jinks at school.
                I've always thought the "he also happens to be a genius" in superheroes was lazy writing. It's kinda amusing in Marvel where they had all these genius characters and had to eventually decide on a pecking order once they all started to cross over (Is Reed Richards still the top guy?).

Not as bad as Batman though where half the villains are super intelligent.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  Not a superhero? What about sticking to surfaces and his spider sense, not to mention his much higher than normal strength?
                  Without the webbing those are pretty weak abilities. You'd be well disappointed to get bitten by a radioactive spider and miss out the main defining ability (though proabably glad to be alive still, lol). Plus, the mechanism method relies more on him being a brain box which as abigsmurf said is pretty naff. Smart sure, but genius meh. I can see why they've done it though, it helps to differentiate it a little more from the Raimi entries.

Comment

Unless after the spider bite he had an overpowering need to be able to create webs which pushed him into creating the device?

Comment

yeah i have to say i like organic webbing .....i bet you any money you like they use running out of web cartridges as a plot point

but agree that its far far to soon for a reboot

Comment

In Ultimate Spider-Man, didn't they write that Peter completed the work that his Dad had started? He's an accomplished scientist, but the web slingers aren't all his idea.

Comment

Im looking forward to a new spiderman movie tbh, the last 3 had their moments but they didnt satisfy.

As long as this spidy is jumping round the Lizard, spraying webbing on his face disorientating him whilst making some reptile related puns then I'll be a happy bunny. If he's spends the movie crying like a pre-emo bithc then count me out. Somehow I think it'll be a combination of the 2.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                            In Ultimate Spider-Man, didn't they write that Peter completed the work that his Dad had started? He's an accomplished scientist, but the web slingers aren't all his idea.
                            There's probably a reason to it, but why was his Dad working on such a device? Seems a weird thing to invent... unless it was for... other applications...

Comment

Happy they've gone down the web shooters route. At least now if he takes a tumble it won't be because he's a bit depressed (ala film no 2)

I hope this version will have him being more of a gobby smart arse when suited up. Part of Spiderman's thing (at least for his earlier years) is he's a lot more confident with the suit on than without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X