No announcement yet.

Robocop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Robocop 2 was pretty damn good I thought. Just not the best action movie ever made like the first The rest were awful.

The remake may indeed be half decent, but I am boycotting it in principle. Just as I would boycott a Jaws remake, or Blade Runner, or Raiders ...

Comment

Robocop 2 was pretty dire. Still enjoyed it mind.

Comment

There's parts of Robocop 2 I do like, gonna be working through all 3 with the missus soon so will be interesting to see it again, but it just doesn't work for me. I have moments of it lodged in my brain that are so easy to recall because they're kind of cool but hstorically it's always been a bit of a slog to sit through as they just couldn't capture what the first one did. That's why I think New-Robo trumps it, it takes a different tact and deals with the character on its own terms without spoiling the original.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
          You wouldn't buy that for a dollar?
          ?2 max for me

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE M0NS00N View Post
            ?2 max for me
            That works out at $3.28.

Every time you see a remake like Robocop, a unicorn dies.

To be fair, Robocop's legacy has left behind it a unicorn slaughter thanks to the endless sequels and cartoons.

It got so bad at one point that Robocop actually started advertising fried unicorn nibbles!

Comment

"What the hell, fried chicken?"

"Yo, I'm about to eat!"

That commercial is pure, 100% gold!

Comment

What I like about that is the random use of some jolly style western (as in cowboys) music as American Robocop picks up the fridge.

I swear it's been stolen from Back to the Future pt 3 or Toy Story.

Comment

Just saw the ETX version at the AMC on 42nd and broadway and like others I enjoyed it

Its not as charming as the original but like how they sampled the original music at the start but not nearly enough ED-209 action for me

Nice to hear dead or alive you are coming with me, weird to hear I wouldnt buy that for a dollar and cheap to hear thanks for your decision but he did say cooperation later on

Yeah good as a stand alone movie with a few nice plot changes but Not quite there as good as the original

Comment

saw this the other day at the behest of my mates, didnt really want to watch it and had seriously low expectations. Especially considering I dl'ed the hd rip a week before hand which reinvigorated my love for it. I knew most of the script by heart.

Anyway, it wasnt bad, hardly any action in it but they tried to go a little more intelligent with the questions regarding morals with US geo poltics and media manipulation of the masses. nothing the original didnt already answer.

My main problems with the reboot was there was only 2 major action set pieces which were boring as ****, nothing new, no violence just crap.
                    The fan service was non existent and where they did include some it was so unnecessary, completely forced and out of place with the rest of the dialogue.
                    Where as the original tried to be a bit future psychic regarding GPS, robotics, media satire etc this one doesn't try and predict future tech. Apart from the odd hologram plus voice/gesture based navigation advanced robotics, US deployment of advanced land based drones in foreign lands. There isn't much exciting or interesting guessing regarding what we'll be doing or using in 10/20 years time from now.

Comment

just one thing i wanted to know and its been bugging me since i saw the trailers.......does he have one hand thats still human and not robotic ?

Comment

Effectively yes, it's one of the few parts they keep from him but it's mechanically controlled as the restvof his arm is machine. Don't know why, I assumed so it could be shot off or something in a sequel

Comment

Went to watch this with the Girlfriend (we're both massive fans of the original and also Paul Verhoeven ) and while we both had low expectations I have to say this is not only a brilliant film in its own right, but also a real good take on Robocop and the soruce material that brings the IP bang up to date and makes its relevant for the modern world . My only complaint was the ending was kind of weak with no Big set piece to end it, but other than that it was brilliant and hope for a sequel with just a little more action and blood and guts

Comment

I thought it was weak over all. Political elements were present and correct, emotionally it nearly got there - the modification of his mind and its effect on efficiency was good. The action was the worst part - very poorly directed. So in the end it kind of fell flat. A shame as it very nearly worked.

I am not a fan of the original. Saw it for the first time recently and thought it was quite laughable. Perhaps I should give it another chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda
                              makes its relevant for the modern world

Robocop still is as relevant today as it was then. Have you ever watched Celebrity Juice? I'd buy that for a dollar.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                Robocop still is as relevant today as it was then. Have you ever watched Celebrity Juice? I'd buy that for a dollar.[/COLOR]
                                The 1980's Robocop as aged and that's to be expect . The New Robcop brings the IP update today with todays politics and views on things like Drones and so on . Quite a well made and clever update on a old IP

Comment

Working...
                                X