No announcement yet.

Do you still 'buy' music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like you need FLAC and squeezebox. Then they can stay in the boxes. Very wife friendly

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
      I only buy vinyl and the occasional CD for stuff that doesn't come out on vinyl. It's become a bit unpractical though, since I moved house 2 years ago I no longer really have space to set up a separate amp/record player and speakers . It's also quite expensive sadly...
      I'ne doing the Vinyl thing too - sell me your vinyl cheap

Comment

I buy CDs when possible, iTunes if i can't get the CD, or if i see it priced over 20+ euros !

Comment

Originally posted by averybluemonkey View Post
          Most drum and bass tracks these days never see a physical release so it's the only way to go.
          D&B is the only music I have ever paid to download, otherwise I mainly buy CDs with the occasional yarrr moment when I want something there and then, or the cd is impossible to get. To be honest though I usually listen to mixes which are free anyway...

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
            I'ne doing the Vinyl thing too - sell me your vinyl cheap
            No way, they're my babies, took me over a decade to collect it all .

Comment

I mostly buy paid downloads from Amazon theses days (I have no time for iTunes). I still buy physical CDs, but not as often as I used to, mainly for space reasons. These days, I reserve my CD purchasing for limited editions and rarities (like the Autechre EP boxset I bought from Boomkat recently).

And yes, sometimes I do download stuff for free. These are usually albums I bought years ago on tape and do not wish to pay for again, or stuff I don't really know that well and wish to try out.

Comment

I still buy vinyl and CDs, but I listen to a lot of music on Spotify.

Comment

Spotify is great for finding new stuff. I should subscribe to it really but never open it enough and listen for it to be worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                    Spotify is great for finding new stuff. I should subscribe to it really but never open it enough and listen for it to be worthwhile.
                    It's 5? month, isn't it? That's three songs worth of money. You could easily listen to 3 songs in the course of a month?

I still buy CD's and rip them to my PC. My PC is connected to my receiver via HDMI, and uses XBMC to play it all. Control it all with my iDevices. Very small-apartment-friendly. I also have a Spotify subscription to check out new music, or play other stuff when I have people over. Both Spotify and XBMC "scrobble" my listening to Last.fm, which then gives me recommendations based on my music. While I prefer to have my music on a disc, it can be very annoying when XBMC misreads my music, or simply doesn't recognize some of my stuff. And using a three display set-up (my Nvidia card only supports two), makes me have to reboot my PC from time to time to get the music through my receiver.

Comment

I just put the cd in my cd player and play it. works pretty well.

Comment

I miss being passionate enough about music to actually buy something, i struggle to find new music really.

If anyone wants to help i like East coast Hip hop (Nas, Wu Tang, Cormega etc), DJ Shadow, Rakim, De La Soul, Kyza, Adam F, right through to Pearl Jam, Biffy Clyro, Emery, Mineral, Farside, Thrice, Deftones, Pantera etc

Plenty of old stuff i like, or new stuff by older acts, but nothing giving me a "new sound" to put up in my box

Miss the days of when i cared enough to collect vinyl. But on the other hand love that i can just listen to anything instantly on the internet

Comment

Looking to get a vinyl player for my PC setup. Haven't got any vinyl yet but my girlfriend collects them and I'm interested in vinyl so it'd help.

Source switch will go from vinyl player, to PS3 to PC.

Comment

Spotify all the way for me.

Comment

I need a new turntable and amp, to record some vinyl, I've been advised to stay away from the USB turntables, I don't know how true that is...

Comment

Yeah they aren't too hot I've heard.

Comment

Working...
                                X