Do you still 'buy' music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by losersclub View Post
    I miss being passionate enough about music to actually buy something, i struggle to find new music really.

If anyone wants to help i like East coast Hip hop (Nas, Wu Tang, Cormega etc)
    NSFW - He has a potty mouth...but Action Bronson's new album Dr Lecter should float your boat!

"SHIRAZ" off the brand new DR. LECTER album available on iTunes http://bit.ly/fJfIkQ as well as physicals on http://actionbronson.comA Tommy Mas + Matt Raz j...

Comment

I generally 'download' new albums that interest me, and if I like them I buy them.
      Nine times out of ten, what interests me will result in me purchasing that music as well.
      I will never pay for downloaded music: it's a soulless transaction.

Comment

Anybody going to their local indie record shop on Saturday for Record Store Day?

Record Store Day is the one day of the year when over 260 independent record shops all across the UK come together to celebrate their unique culture. Special vinyl releases are made exclusively for the day and many shops and cities host artist performances and events to mark the occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
          Anybody going to their local indie record shop on Saturday for Record Store Day?

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/home.aspx
          Hopefully, not saying which record shop I'm going to though

I went last year as well. I'm going for the New Order/Joy Division 12", The Beach Boys limited edition double 78RPM vinyl single set, Bibio / Clark Split 12", and maybe Saint Etienne 7" box set and The Smiths 10" LP.
          Last edited by Mr.Do!; 11-04-2011, 17:32.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post

http://www.recordstoreday.co.uk/home.aspx
            I bought QOTSAs Feel Good Hit of the SUmmer / Them Crooked Vultures picture disks last year. They look pretty cool, but I haven't actually stuck them onto a turntable yet.

Don't know if there's anything worth buying this year, apart from the Rekords Rekords collection which includes a track each from QOTSA, Alain Johannes, Mini Mansions and Desert Sessions.

Comment

There is a nice Deftones LP of cover versions. I think I have most of them on b sides and the rarities album, but it still looks decent.

Comment

I buy all my music on CD, directly from artists websites whenever possible. Ends up costing a bit more that way but music brings me more joy than anything in life so I don't mind. Not bought a digital download yet (320kbps is too shoddy to my ears) but frequently buy three, four CDs a week.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
                  There is a nice Deftones LP of cover versions. I think I have most of them on b sides and the rarities album, but it still looks decent.
                  Yeah, I'm after that and the Foo's Rare Meat (ooh err), probably the Nirvana record and the RHCP one...but spoke to the guy in my local indie and he said they're opening at 8am on Saturday so should get down at 7.30am........on a Saturday......doesn't look likely tbh.

Did pick up the new Foos record tho, I likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    I buy all my music on CD, directly from artists websites whenever possible. Ends up costing a bit more that way but music brings me more joy than anything in life so I don't mind. Not bought a digital download yet (320kbps is too shoddy to my ears) but frequently buy three, four CDs a week.
                    How do you find out about new music? I think I'm fussy because I must download 100 albums and listen, and then buy maybe one of them. I've been trying to branch out a bit recently though.

Comment

Pitchfork, boomkat and amazon are good for new music.

I thought I was alone in my dislike of downloading, too faceless for me (and compressed).

Comment

I like this site: http://www.anydecentmusic.com/ if I find anything I like I'll just download it and give it a listen on the bus to work, if I like it it'll get bought.

Comment

I use legit sites - Amazon, Juno, iTunes to download stuff that is available to buy. Then I use 'alternative' sites for pre-release sites, or stuff I'm not sure I will like.

Then I'll catch up with the stuff I like by buying the physical or electronic media later.

Comment

I buy most of my music on Vinyl, download the odd stuff off Mediafire but generally it's just to save me time of copying the vinyl to my iTunes.

Comment

As someone who went for the streaming option it looks like from May Spotify are detrimined to hobble the free and open versions of their software so that you can only listen to a song a maximum of 5 times and you only get 10 hours a month free

Popular music streaming service Spotify has put caps on the amount of free music listeners can have.

Last edited by Spatial; 14-04-2011, 17:51. Reason: me make no sense jabbing keyboard random fashion kiwdoin2eiu3iuq2eoiu21eoi

Comment

hhhlame

Comment

Working...
                                X