Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harrison Ford On Stunts, Silly Questions - Dark Horizons
    Ford confirms that he rode the horse for the chase sequence and that when stunt men tried to help him dismount he told them to '**** off'

Comment

54% on rotten tomatoes.
      It sounds dreadful too, exactly as I expected.

Daredevil archaeologist Indiana Jones races against time to retrieve a legendary dial that can change the course of history. Accompanied by his goddaughter, he soon finds himself squaring off against Jürgen Voller, a former Nazi who works for NASA.

Comment

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, but a quick look at the sources for those Rotten Tomatoes reviews aren’t exactly filling me with confidence they’ve been written by actual film critics of worth.

Comment

Yep, the ratio of reasonable reviews from well known sites far outstrips the number of terrible reviews from online nobody trash sites. Still aiming for better than Skull, rivalling Temple and it's home dry for Indy.

Comment

I would seriously temper expectations.
            The cannes reaction was pretty poor. I hear Phoebe is insufferable and unlikeable, taking up most of the run time. The story follows her with Indy just tagging along behind.
            Im telling you, it's going to be terrible. I feel it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              The story follows her with Indy just tagging along behind.
              Oof. :|

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                I would seriously temper expectations.
                The cannes reaction was pretty poor. I hear Phoebe is insufferable and unlikeable, taking up most of the run time. The story follows her with Indy just tagging along behind.
                Im telling you, it's going to be terrible. I feel it.
                O-Ren Ishii/Cassius - You didn't think it was going to be good did you?

The Bride/FG - You know for a second there, Yeah I kinda did

O-Ren Ishii/Cassius - Silly rabbit

Comment

Available at Odeon:

There's also a Popcorn 'tin' shaped like an upturned Fedora

Comment

£50 each (drink and popcorn not included).

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      Available at Odeon:

There's also a Popcorn 'tin' shaped like an upturned Fedora
                      They're bloody useless too. When Mario was on, they had a tin for popcorn shaped like a big ? cube, and honestly looked great to use as a wastepaper bin etc.

I ordered one when we reserved our cinema tickets, and when we got there, they'd sold out! The staff were really unhelpful. I was polite, as it wasn't their fault they had no reservation system (and were just selling stuff they didn't have!!) but still, bad show from Odeon.

Comment

I think the reviews sound about what I would expect. There are plenty from established sources on RT now if you filter by 'Top Critics'.

It was never going to be groundbreaking cinema. It sounds like a competently made revival of a beloved 80s franchise which will probably satisfy people who are looking for exactly that.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
                          £50 each (drink and popcorn not included).
                          Seriously? 50 quid for a plastic cup? That's taking the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            Seriously? 50 quid for a plastic cup? That's taking the piss.
                            Perfect if you don't want to miss a single minute...
                            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                              Perfect if you don't want to miss a single minute...
                              Lol, nice one

Comment

All booked in for Weds now. Just had to be better than Kingdom but in either case I was my son's age when my Nan took me several times to see Last Crusade at the cinema. This is literally the last time in my life that I'll be going to the cinema to see Harrison Ford in a new Indiana Jones movie.

Just had to better than Kingdom...

Comment

Working...
                                X