Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What film have you watched more than any other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig the best Bond....and Moore unwatchable?!

This is going to turn out well

Dalton was a badass Bond, I know that much.

Comment

Glengarry Glen Ross
      Robocop
      Aliens
      The Mask

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
      Amen!

Comment

Connery merely good? Moore worst? Dalton forgettable?

No, no, no, no, NO. Brosnan was the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
          Well in my defence his last Bond film (1989?) is 2 years older than me and 80s Bond isn't as cool and as stylish as 60s Bond?

Maybe Bond-wise the best is just the one you had in your teens? Unless you were a teen in the 70s, I'll maintain until my dying day nothing good ever came of the 70s (well maybe Blondie but I pretend they're 80s)
          Last edited by Pikate; 10-04-2012, 16:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate
            Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2 is just one of those iconc "Joie de Vivre" moments. Like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's or Marilyn Monroe in the Seven Year Itch...

Originally posted by Pikate
            Unless you were a teen in the 70s, I'll maintain until my dying day nothing good ever came of the 70s

Lot of bold statements getting thrown around here.

For me, probably Back To The Future. It's my favourite film so it figures. After that probably Pineapple Express
            Last edited by wakka; 10-04-2012, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
              I'll maintain until my dying day nothing good ever came of the 70s

I don't even know where to begin on that comment!

Comment

connery is the best bond, but Moore's films are generally better if that makes sense

Best bond movie is the spy who loved me and anything with Jaws - just for the tongue in cheek humour

dalton wasn't great - lazenby was gash - Brosnan was excellent and Daniel Craig is alright, just dont think the latest movies scripts have been great and clearly bettered by other movies in the same ilk (Bourne)

All of Brosnan's movies were good especially Goldeneye
                Last edited by buster_broon; 10-04-2012, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo View Post
                  I don't even know where to begin on that comment!
                  Haha I forgot a lot of you guys were probably born in the 70s... That's the 1 exception of course

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                    Best bond movie is the spy who loved me and anything with Jaws - just for the tongue in cheek humour
                    I've watched The Spy Who Loved Me far more than any other Bond movie, fantastic film. Barbara Bach... wow.

The weird thing is I'd probably say that Licence to Kill is my favourite Bond movie, even though I've seen TSWLM much more often. Maybe because Licence to Kill is a much more intense watch whereas TSWLM is just a really great fun romp that you can watch whatever mood you're in.

Haha I forgot a lot of you guys were probably born in the 70s... That's the 1 exception of course
                    I missed the 70's by three days, so close! I think the 70's is awesome for films, a large chunk of my favourite films are 70's films.

Comment

I'm a child of the 90s but the 70s is an unbelievably influential era for filmmaking, filled with classics.

Comment

Ahh, see I'm a child of the 90s too but I think good films started dying out in 1964 and then kicked back up again in the 80s (Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's, Die Hard)

Comment

My most watched films are:

Willy Wonka
                          Where Eagles Dare
                          Quatermass and the Pit
                          Twelve Angry Men
                          The Music Box
                          Sons of the Desert
                          Die Hard
                          Predator
                          T2
                          Slap Shot
                          Duel (a 70s classic!)

The one I've probably watched the most is Twelve Angry Men - easily a dozen times. I've watched most Stan and Ollie shorts, and selected full features, about 10 times each.

As for that 70s comment above - Good Lord. That's ****ting on an awful lot of art and culture, probably most of which the poster, and most of us I hasten to add, has barely scratched the surface of. You do realise The Muppets started in the 70s?
                          Last edited by prinnysquad; 10-04-2012, 17:08.

Comment

Ahh, see I'm a child of the 90s too but I think good films started dying out in 1964 and then kicked back up again in the 80s (Blade Runner, Back to the Future, Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's, Die Hard)

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/movie-pages/movie_70s.html
                            100 greatest films of the 70's.

Godfather, Star Wars, Clockwork Orange, Rocky, Alien etc.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                              The one I've probably watched the most is Twelve Angry Men - easily a dozen times. I've watched most Stan and Ollie shorts, and selected full features, about 10 times each.

As for that 70s comment above - Good Lord. That's ****ting on an awful lot of art and culture, probably most of which the poster, and most of us I hasten to add, has barely scratched the surface of. You do realise The Muppets started in the 70s?
                              12 Angry Men (The 1957 one? With Henry Fonda) is brilliant. I find the films I watch the most and films I think are the best are not the same thing. (La Dolce Vita, Breathless, Seven Samurai, Wild Strawberries, M, Spirited Away etc I've only just seem once. Mean Girls on the other hand I've seen dozens of times I imagine.) The only truly great films I watch a lot are The Apartment with Jack Lemmon and a few Hitchcock's (Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, Vertigo, The Man Who Knew Too Much)

The Muppets are lovably naff though, like Quincy M.E. (he's in 12 Angry Men which is why it's in my head) or Fozzy Bear's jokes. It's a Hipster thing? It's "Hip to be Square" as (I think) the 80s said.
                              Last edited by Pikate; 10-04-2012, 17:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Guts View Post

http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/pages/movie-pages/movie_70s.html
                                100 greatest films of the 70's.

Godfather, Star Wars, Clockwork Orange, Rocky, Alien etc.
                                The Exorcist, Halloween, Carrie, Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Alien....Damn, that is some great horror there!

Comment

Working...
                                X