Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*high five*

Comment

Comment

Are people in Britain saying 'awesome' now, oh no

It'll be all over when that other horrid Americanism, 'Absolutely!' makes it over....

Comment

I'm not in Britain. Where I am, we say whatever the hell we like.

Comment

Well I just watched guardians of the galaxy. Been wanting to see it for a while but I tend just to never get round to things these days until they appear on netflix or something. The fact that I was hopeful it would be an enjoyable film, in my recent experience, should've probably told me it would be a load of rubbish and not to bother. Thankfully it wasn't though and I really enjoyed it, I'd definitely put it up there with the other brilliant film marvel have made, the avengers. I'd definitely have an interest in a sequel, and I say that as someone who's sick to the back teeth of all the marvel films released these days.

Comment

I had avoided spoilers for GotG as I was waiting for the 3D bluray release, and it was worth waiting for.

The bit before he got the orb at the beginning, where he was dancing around on this alien planet to his walkman had me cracking up. And Drax later on, "I was thinking of something else..."

Movies and TV have shifted to target our age group if you ask me. Catering to the 80s kids, the ones who have their own income and children is obviously paying off.

I've been watching Sinister over the last day, but I can only watch about 15 minutes at a time. Ethan Hawke is generally not an impressive actor but he does okay in this. It's creepy, and I actually wanting to hide behind a cushion - I did the half-watch, head-turned thing earlier to not be too surprised. I've not taken this long to watch a movie since Scott Pilgrim, which I finally finished yesterday and actually enjoyed more than I thought I was going to.

Comment

That Drax line was my favourite part of the movie. I love the movie so much.

Went to Paddington today. Hated the trailer so was very surprised how much I loved the movie. Very funny, warm and really enjoyable. The promo material hadn't done it justice at all.

Comment

I really like this alternative ending to GotG!
                  Hidden for spoilers.
                  [hide][/hide]

We watched the last two parts of Harry Potter this week and although I love the whimsy of the earlier films, I liked how each film has its own tone.

One thing that wowed me was the special effects. You kind of take them for granted for because of the fantasy setting and the excellent integration of practical and CGI effects. It made me want to do the Warner Bros tour again!

Comment

timelock 1957 film simple but effective premise only 70 min long also has early apperance from sean connery

Comment

Watched X-Men Days of Future Past again on blu ray.

I'm now of the opinion this is the best of all the marvel films. The future sentinels were incredible to watch. It had me wondering how other x men would have done against the future versions, namely juggernaut; not the **** vinnie jones version, I mean a proper realised cg monster like he should have been.

Can't wait now for the next one.
                      Last edited by Kit; 02-01-2015, 00:08.

Comment

I watched that the other day. Great film.

Comment

Ban me but I watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night and loved it! Tons of fun, spectacular action and witty banter.
                          It was like Uncharted but without the tedious shooting.

Comment

As Above, So Below
                            Not very good, a horror with no scares of much of an explored concept

Monsters University
                            Still not one of Pixars best but better this time around

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                              Ban me but I watched Kingdom of the Crystal Skull last night and loved it! Tons of fun, spectacular action and witty banter.
                              It was like Uncharted but without the tedious shooting.
                              Definitely nothing wrong with that Mart. I love all the indie films but Temple Of Doom is my favourite!

I went to see The Hunger Games Mokingjay in the Cinema with my younger step brother & sister and their friends and my step mom & her friend. I hadn't seen any of the previous films but It was rubbish simple as that.

After i got back home i made myself feel better by watching a movie that's not rubbish, Heat.
                              Last edited by Sam The Man; 02-01-2015, 06:32.

Comment

Ferris Bueller. Love the way people hum tunes early on in the film that you hear later on

Comment

Working...
                                X