Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Bladerunner again. It would have been Roy Batty and co's 'inception' date next year

Comment

Well the Nexus 6 has appeared, just not quite in the sense that we were promised. I did read a thing the other day somewhere where someone complained that we were told the future would have hoverboards and space stations but all we ended up with was a load of apps. Oh well.

I flicked through lots of movies over Christmas, mostly animated stuff. Puss In Boots on Xmas day was fairly enjoyable, but I was watching it in a turkey and ale induced mid-afternoon stupor. It can't hold a candle to the still-brilliant first Shrek film, but the bit where he gets searched by the police and claims his bottle of catnip is 'for my glaucoma' did raise a laugh.

I saw part of Monsters Vs Aliens which I thought was poor, the gags didn't really land in my opinion. Maybe funny for kids though. I also watched about half of Arthur Christmas which really failed to engage me too. Again weak gags and visually underwhelming. Quite an original concept though.

I also watched The Interview on New Year's Eve, which I thought was really funny. I'm a huge fan of Pineapple Express so I enjoy the chemistry between Franco and Rogen (they play a similar pair in this one) and I thought Franco in particular was amusingly over the top as a flamboyant bisexual talk show host. It's not Ibsen but I spent a lot of time laughing, and that's the chief metric for me when judging a comedy (perhaps obviously!). I probably need to watch it again to get a better bead on its overall quality though.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
        Well the Nexus 6 has appeared, just not quite in the sense that we were promised. I did read a thing the other day somewhere where someone complained that we were told the future would have hoverboards and space stations but all we ended up with was a load of apps. Oh well.
        Yep, hence the 2015 pic I did. On the flip side, we can access pretty much all the world's information and communicate with anyone anywhere on a tiny handheld device while sitting on the toilet. Most sci-fi predictions didn't seem to get that one and it's pretty big. But yeah, I want the cyberpunk future I was promised.

Wasn't Blade Runner 2019 which would make the inception date this year? I might have it wrong...

Comment

I'm still waiting for the cyborgs from Street Fighter 2010. 2015 is also the year Marty McFly travels to in BTTF2. I eagerly await the arrival of flying cars and cold fusion.

Comment

Quantum Leap was set in the late 1990s and they had shoes with lights on them. You know the only people who have shoes with lights on them? Kids under the age of six. That's just not fair at all.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              2015 is also the year Marty McFly travels to in BTTF2. I eagerly await the arrival of flying cars and cold fusion.

Comment

Sinister was better than expected. Lots of creepy moments.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  Wasn't Blade Runner 2019 which would make the inception date this year? I might have it wrong...

Comment

Well spotted. He died earlier than scheduled then.

Comment

Saw the first 10 mins of Disneys animated Up movie. Still ****s me up each time, they really are masters of that art. The music, the emotions on the faces setup tone and say a million words without a single one spoken out loud.

Gonna watch A Walk Among The Tombstones now, got Lego Movie, Ipcress file and The Drop to see in the next few days too.

Comment

Last night I tried watching videogames the movie. We all love games, so surely a film about the history of them had to be interesting, right? Wrong. Horrendously boring, I somehow got to the hour mark but couldn't go any further.

Then I watched seeking a friend for the end of the world. Not a huge amount better to be honest, though I did make it to the oh so predictable end. It was actually a good idea, just really poorly executed. Steve Carell was the best thing about it, though the story just made his efforts a bit pointless.

Comment

The Man With the Iron Fists, and it was much better than I expected. Still proper nonsense, but a bit of fun nonetheless.

Comment

Just watched The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies it was a great film

Comment

big hero 6
                              Went to a preview with the family and it's awesome, the disney short at the start was also charming and funny 'feast'

Comment

Special ID to continue my Donnie Yen week.

Comment

Working...
                                X