Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
    Dredd on Saturday was good fun, it was an old fashioned action film and had more of an impression on me than Avengers. I think I preferred as it it had some peril, I never for a second felt that about Avengers.
    Interesting you say that, because I enjoyed Dredd but felt there was no peril.

I preferred The Raid because it was so tense and didn't know who was going to make it out alive.

Comment

I liked Dredd a lot, but it's not as good a film as The Avengers, or The Raid for that matter, which it is very similar too in some ways.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
        Interesting you say that, because I enjoyed Dredd but felt there was no peril.

I preferred The Raid because it was so tense and didn't know who was going to make it out alive.

Maybe peril is the wrong word. I guess people got hurt in Dredd and watching superheroes get knocked around is hardly as engaging. I did enjoy Avengers, I just felt it lacked a certain spark.

Comment

Originally posted by Kieran76 View Post
          I just felt it lacked a certain spark.
          electro

new spiderman film apparently

Comment

I hope he's more threatening than the Lizard was.

Comment

Just seen Looper

Not bad, quite an original sci fi although you could argue its just Akira mixed with Terminator, Children of Men and Inception lol. I wish it had a bigger budget and they went for more iconic costumes. I think the cast and premise deserved a grander scale. The cinematography was quite good, some decent shots in there, quite stylish at times.
              Last edited by bash; 05-03-2013, 23:46.

Comment

Tried to watch Chronicle the other night but had to switch it off. Was I supposed to feel no sympathy for the main character? I think if I went to school with him I would have been tempted to give him a slap. I guess the film wasn't aimed at 36 year olds, but would be a dream come true for soppy teenage boys.

Comment

Weird feeling, this. Out of nowhere, suddenly got a MASSIVE desire to rewatch a very old, underrated 90s black comedy crime thriller called Miami Blues. It's a film that nobody ever talks about these days but it's just a f*cking great film, Alec Baldwin's 2nd finest hour after Glengarry Glen Ross. It's a pisser it's not on Netflix or Lovefilm, and I'd have bought the DVD if I'd ever seen it around but I never have, don't even know if we got it in the UK.

Ah, well - Classic Game Room it is.

Comment

Fanboys

Really loved it... it really hit a soft spot in terms of remembering how bat **** crazy everyone went, and how massive the whole star wars franchise became(again) in 1998/9!

Daft, juvenile, but nails the love for the franchise right on the head.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                      Weird feeling, this. Out of nowhere, suddenly got a MASSIVE desire to rewatch a very old, underrated 90s black comedy crime thriller called Miami Blues. It's a film that nobody ever talks about these days but it's just a f*cking great film, Alec Baldwin's 2nd finest hour after Glengarry Glen Ross. It's a pisser it's not on Netflix or Lovefilm, and I'd have bought the DVD if I'd ever seen it around but I never have, don't even know if we got it in the UK.

Ah, well - Classic Game Room it is.
                      We did get the DVD over here. It's ?6 on amazon.

Comment

Clerks

Very enjoyable despite the universally bad acting.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                          Clerks

Very enjoyable despite the universally bad acting.
                          the 37 bit made me laugh

Comment

Originally posted by PaTaito View Post
                            Fanboys

Really loved it... it really hit a soft spot in terms of remembering how bat **** crazy everyone went, and how massive the whole star wars franchise became(again) in 1998/9!

Daft, juvenile, but nails the love for the franchise right on the head.
                            Absolutely brilliant film, i've watched it many, many times.

Comment

Watched Iron Man 2. Expecting it to be utter ****e after reading comments on here and it didn't disappoint. Mickey Rourke's character made sod all sense. Super genius who lives in his dads basement yet wastes all his efforts on nearly getting knocked over by Tony Starks sports car? why!? didn't understand that part.

Only redeeming features were the 20 second part where war machine and iron man wrecked those robots and the funny captain america shield scene.

I can forgive it for being on the bumbling side though as it helped set up a decent Avengers flick.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                                We did get the DVD over here. It's ?6 on amazon.
                                Cool, will go scour the local Crime Converters-style shops to see if I can pick it up for a quid.

Comment

Working...
                                X