Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Films Have You Watched This Week - The Sequel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    I think I'm going to try and find "The Nest", which is a French take on Precinct 13.
    It's 75p in CEX!

I watched The Nest at the weekend and really enjoyed it.

It stole loads of ideas from other ace films, Aliens, Assault on Precinct 13, District 13 and so on, but put them together nicely and remained a good film in its own right. It's better than most of Hollywood's recent action output.

A group of robbers break into a warehouse to steal a load of laptops. Nearby, a Police van carrying a war criminal to prison gets attacked by soldiers trying to break him out. They seek refuge in the warehouse and after a wary start, the police, warehouse security guards and the robbers have to team up to defend themselves from the army determined to break out the prisoner.

Comment

Jackass: Bad Grandpa
      Bar one or two bits it was pretty poor

Iron Man
      Still really enjoyable and covers Starks genesis into IM well. The only thing lacking is the action as really there's little of it, just two main sequences and one of them is pretty ropey

The Incredible Hulk
      Whilst it lacks the wit and sharp writing etc of Iron Man it beats it on action easily. Obviously not the best Marvel film but it definitely gets too poor a rep.

Comment

Wolf of Wall Street.

Epic. See it.

Comment

Wedding Crashers. Missus wanted to watch it as she's a bit down in the dumps. Worth it in my opinion for Isla Fisher and Jayne Seymour.

Comment

Wedding Crashers introduced me to the term "motorboat".

For that, I am eternally grateful.

Comment

Would it hurt to participate in some competitive sport?

Would that make you love me DAD!!!

...Jesus!

Brilliant.

Comment

The Nest sounds cool, been in the mood for a tense film like that so watched the Straw Dogs remake on Lovefilm. Not as safe as I thought it thought it would be but the TONE is so wrong, original brimmed with primordial madness, this is just odd, like weird **** happens, or the characters do super-strange, illogical stuff, it feels like they're all on meds. Still, James Woods is in it, it tries to occasionally channel the vibe of the '91 Cape Fear AND the end sequence had me howling with laughter for hours. In hindsight, I like it a little more than I felt I did, deffo worth a watch.

Also watched a similar one called The Strangers, very dark, very bleak, didn't really like it even though it's not a film you're meant to like (it's a film about the grimmest of realities) it....just never got me hooked, don't know why, I never felt that power it was meant to have.

Then watched Superbad the second time....law of diminishing returns right there, 'twas a bit of a slog tbh...
                Last edited by JazzFunk; 29-01-2014, 16:59.

Comment

Rewatched Freddy vs Jason. That film is all kinds of awesomeness and is one of the top Nightmare on Elm Street films. The last third totally kicks ass and it's a load of fun. Gets so much right.

Makes me sad about the Nightmare and Friday reboots. Yeah, they replaced Jason loads of times and for FvJ too so there was already a lack of continuity there. Did it matter? Probably not. But Robert Englund IS Freddy. Him and nobody else. It's that simple. Sure there was room for a far better Nightmare film. That didn't require a reboot.

Media is so disposable these days and that, to me, sends all the wrong message. There have always been remakes but not to the extent we have now, where icons are just thrown aside. I mean seriously - should there ever have been another Kirk other than Shatner? What the hell kind of message does it send that such an icon can be dumped for Pine, and this is coming from someone who rather liked the first Abrams Star Trek. But it's wrong. We're too disposable now. Worse still, someone else wrote another Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy book that's supposed to be official. We're replacing authors. It's not right. You can cite Bond all you like, it's not right. It says your achievements no matter how great are as transient as a tweet and once you have outlived your usefulness someone else will be slotted into your role getting credit based on everything you built.

Anyway.... Freddy vs Jason is excellent.

Comment

The Worlds End ...

'To Err is to be human ... so ... Errr!'

Nuff said really .. Bit of a slow burner but the second half is completely bonkers.

Comment

Iron Man 2
                      Continuing with the rewatches of the Marvel series. Still enjoyable, still the weakest Marvel Universe film though.

Comment

Saw Robocop in HD for the first time last night, Fun for all the family, sitting with my mum, sister and Mrs lol Still brilliant, its a lot darker feeling and greyer than I remember. It had been ages since I'd seen it last unlike Predator which I watch at least 5 times a year. However I was repeating a lot of the lines word for word which my fam were pleased with no end I can tell you

Also saw bits of Street Kings on C4 in the very early hours this morning, looked good but suffered from having too many good looking actors in grimy/gritty surroundings. As much as I like Keanu and dont mind Chris Evans they just dont look the part. The rest of the film and plot twists were good . . . of what I saw. I was so knackered I passed out around 3am.

Comment

Indie Game: The Movie

Really good.

It was depressing being unable to play either Fez or Super Meat Boy after the film finished due to having a PS3 and an under-powered laptop but at least Fez is coming to PS3 soon.

Comment

Uh. Jackass 3.5 on Netflix. Only 30 mins in but it's obvious there was a lot of tension filming, Bam Margera and Ryan Dunn come across as bullying c*nts, especially the former who just looks evil-eye on coke throughout, at one point he just batters Danger Ehren really quite badly for no reason during a random, 'funny', inbetween snippet. It's ugly.

Just hoping that Jackass 4 has a segment where the entire cast sit around eating the charred remnants of Ryan Dunn's carcass, dressed as leprechauns.

Comment

Sadako is on Netflix US in 3D...Can't decide to watch it or just **** myself directly.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                                Uh. Jackass 3.5 on Netflix. Only 30 mins in but it's obvious there was a lot of tension filming, Bam Margera and Ryan Dunn come across as bullying c*nts, especially the former who just looks evil-eye on coke throughout, at one point he just batters Danger Ehren really quite badly for no reason during a random, 'funny', inbetween snippet. It's ugly.

Just hoping that Jackass 4 has a segment where the entire cast sit around eating the charred remnants of Ryan Dunn's carcass, dressed as leprechauns.
                                Bam Margera is one of the most annoying gits in the history of everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X