No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy from our Steelbooks range at Zavvi ⭐ The Home of Pop Culture ✓ Officially Licensed ✓ Films, Merch, Clothing & More ✓ FREE delivery available

Zavvi have added Batman, Batman Returns and all 3 Nolan films for preorder.

Comment

They were all there last week

Dark knight rises has a different cover so one for the collectors

Couple new this week like taxi driver but the buggy for me is disney's Aladdin steelbook

Comment

Batman & Returns for me.

Like the Begins & Dark Knight ones but I prefer my US Best Buy Exclusives so no need to double dip & that DKR is freaking awful so my HMV version will be fine for me as well.

I've decided I won't be going down the Disney Steel route.
        I like my Slip Case ones too much & really don't want the shelf looking odd.

Neil

Comment

Amazon are proving cheaper so preordered there instead apart from TDKR which is poor and I already have the better HMV version. Cheers for the heads up on Aladdin though, somehow I missed that so quickly got my preorder in, no Roger Rabbit repeat for me this time

Comment

Crystal Skull steelie will be Zavvi exclusive

Comment

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
              Amazon are proving cheaper so preordered there instead apart from TDKR which is poor and I already have the better HMV version. Cheers for the heads up on Aladdin though, somehow I missed that so quickly got my preorder in, no Roger Rabbit repeat for me this time
              Ta for that.
              Ordered at Amazon instead

Neil

Comment

So, steel books then.

Are they worth any extra money? I mean, I've got a few that I've actually never watched and wondered if they were worth selling.

Super 8.
                Cowboys & Aliens.
                Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.
                Avengers Assemble.
                Cabin in the Woods.

Comment

They can be.

Get yourself over to AV Forums & have a brows through the Steelbook Sales threads for a rough idea of what's worth money & what isn't

A few people might well bite your hand off for Cowbiys & Aliens it seems rare but don't expect many people to buy it...they'' most likely look to trade.

Also never ever ever expect to get the price you ask over there...they whittle you down so low it's sometimes not worth it.

A quick Ebay completed listing search shows that rough prices could be...

Super 8 - Around ?13
                  C & A - Between ?15 - ?30
                  GWTDT - ?20 + (One finished at over ?60 that was sealed)
                  Avengers - ?10 +
                  Cabin - ?15 +

The big money ones tend to the be the Marvel titles but there are plenty of money in others as well

HTH

Neil

Comment

Cabin in the woods really has to be the replacement with the fixed disc for people to be interested

Spine slashes seem To freak the collectors out

Comment

Unless I missed any others, Zavvis latest additions for preorder seem to be The Town and Argo

Comment

Decided to sell all mine

Sold tons of games and close to 500 Dvd's and it would be another fruitless collection

Only got around 50 so not too many to clear out

Might get rid of my DVD/anime collection after that

Comment

Sorry to hear you're bowing out Jason.

Can see where you are coming from though & it has crossed my mind recently as well but I'm too hooked I think lol

Could be interested in hearing about the Anime collection though

Neil

Comment

Got over 100 dvd's and maybe around 75 blu's

Nice not owning tons of stuff for a change and the house doesn't look as cluttered

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                              Got over 100 dvd's and maybe around 75 blu's

Nice not owning tons of stuff for a change and the house doesn't look as cluttered
                              Nice.

Well hit me up when you decide what to do & I'll have a peek

Lol mine is looking worse & worse these days...Chloe's stuff is slowly taking over.

Neil

Comment

Just spotted Kill Bill Vol 1&2 steelbook and X-Files Fight the Future & I Want to Believe steelie on Zavvi

Comment

Working...
                                X