No announcement yet.

Steelbook Supremacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can still get them new then they won't have gone up in value yet yeah. It depends on if they are still being produced.

Comment

again not really if HMV smashed the market and the company is failing they wont necessarily go up in value

sure a lot have but its not every single one and far from it and even the rarities like the raid are nwo settling at around ?25 - ?30 when they were probably hitting ?50 just after release

I've got loads of OOP DVD's I paid say ?15 for - kinda lucky right now if I get 25p for one and they arnt being produced anymore

no one should go into this thinking every one will make a profit or say at the price that was paid because its just not true

I did buy 2 skyfall's but one for was my bond 50 set and I sold the tin case for what I paid for it effectively
      Last edited by buster_broon; 19-03-2013, 11:13.

Comment

I've currently only got 6 films that have really gone above the price I initially paid for them...

Raid
        Alien Quad
        Thor
        Cap America
        Terminator
        Super 8

Everything else really is just hovering around what I paid for them & Super 8 is only worth much more because of the ridiculous low price I paid for it.

I have never been under the illusion that I'll be making money on any of these & tbf I'm still shocked that the Marvel titles have gone on to the ridiculous levels that they seem to reach these days.

I paid around retail for my Batman Best Buy titles (?16 each delivered) & those are the only others that really might creep up in price in the collection these days, oh & probably Zombie Flesh Eaters.
        I doubt anything else is worth more than I paid & in fact Akira seems to have lost almost all it's value & is regularly ?10 or under these days.

Neil

Comment

Guess I'm just lucky then, most of my steelbooks seem to be worth a lot

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
            Guess I'm just lucky then, most of my steelbooks seem to be worth a lot
            Not bad if you can do it.

Again it was never really my intention to make on them, just looked better at the time than the standard Amray & at almost the same cost so made sense to just order them instead.

Neil

Comment

Yeah, I won't be selling many of them either really.

Just nice to know they are worth a bit of money.

Comment

I wasn't quite sure of the prices of some of my steelbooks and when I had to make money for my divorce everything went up for sale

gutted I sold my captain America and thor and knowing how much ive made so far there are a few things I wish I hadn't sold

recently bought rampart and priest from HMV for ?12 the pair, managed to get a couple of others but always hoped when I walked into HMV in Glasgow they had just found a box of thor's and captain America's

the only other one I regret selling was Shogun Assassin - but I made a profit on that so cant complain
                Last edited by buster_broon; 19-03-2013, 12:01.

Comment

Originally posted by buster_broon View Post
                  I wasn't quite sure of the prices of some of my steelbooks and when I had to make money for my divorce everything went up for sale

gutted I sold my captain America and thor and knowing how much ive made so far there are a few things I wish I hadn't sold

recently bought rampart and priest from HMV for ?12 the pair, managed to get a couple of others but always hoped when I walked into HMV in Glasgow they had just found a box of thor's and captain America's
                  Lol you & me both.
                  I go into my local (which is now actually closing for good) & hope that there are some Thors & Cap's on the shelf but nope just a small mountain of Rampart & Safehouse.
                  They did find a few more Priest though which are on the shelf & also if anyone needs them there are a few Hunger Games & Dark Knight Rises if anyone need them

Neil

Comment

I would take a safe house, hunger games and dark knight if you could my old fellow

Comment

I would take a safe house, hunger games and dark knight if you could my old fellow
                      No worries should get there tonight if I can.

Will double check Safehouse for you as my local still had it marked up at ?25 but worst case is if they want that stupid amount I got my one from the massive out of town store for less than that but I can't remember without looking at the receipt & you can have that plus postage if you like?

Hunger Games & DKR were still full price though & not sure if they are reduced under the blue cross.

Will keep you posted

Neil

Comment

If the store is closing then everything will be 30% discount unless there is a separate sticker stating a price

Comment

If the store is closing then everything will be 30% discount unless there is a separate sticker stating a price
                          Ah no worries...my one had "30% off selected titles" the other day so wasn't sure if it was everything as they all have their old price labels on.

Neil

Comment

A lot of it would involve second guessing the popularity of the film against the likely produced number of copies going to be made. Play was fairly easy to guess and Zavvi hasn't been too bad. I find Amazon trickier to guess but it depends on what you're into I guess. Golden rule is... if Iron Man 3 gets a steelbook, buy it

Comment

Obviously, in most cases, the more popular films are going to sell out quicker.

Stuff like Akira, which is probably quite a niche title despite being one of the more famous anime films, never sold out and you can still get the steelbook new online, so it's not worth much. They probably over estimated demand for the film there.

Comment

Buy Commando - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Commando steelbook incoming and...

Buy Independence Day - Limited Edition Steelbook from Zavvi, the home of pop culture. Take advantage of great prices on Blu-ray, 4K, merchandise, games, clothing and more!

Independence Day

Comment

Working...
                                X