Film of the Year 2013 - Closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
    You either have no comprehension of what you write, or a piss-poor understanding of inferred meaning. You just don't think about what you say and the way you say it.
    Or you are just paronoid.

Nothing I said was aimed at anyone on here. Nothing was inferred. I'm not the one who got personal and started throwing insults, so I think you need to take a big look at how YOU are acting.

I thought Pacifc Rim was terrible, now if you can't debate that without insulting people then please get over it, my opinion has no bearing on you what so ever.
    Last edited by rmoxon; 18-12-2013, 06:06.

Comment

Best films

1. Before Midnight
      2. Gravity
      3. Erm

Worst

1. Kick Ass 2

Most Anticipated of 2014

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
        Or you are just paronoid.

Nothing I said was aimed at anyone on here. Nothing was inferred. I'm not the one who got personal and started throwing insults, so I think you need to take a big look at how YOU are acting.

I thought Pacifc Rim was terrible, now if you can't debate that without insulting people then please get over it, my opinion has no bearing on you what so ever.
        No - your inference was clear. It appealed to people with low and simplistic demands. You are personal and you do throw around insults - you simply do it in a weasel way, with broad brush statements aimed at discrediting anyone whose opinion differs to yours. You're the one who didn't debate ANY of the points raised in QualityChimp's huge critique, instead batting it away without reference, with yet another aside about not understanding anything. A weasel remark, designed to insult intelligence instead of debate points.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
          No - your inference was clear. It appealed to people with low and simplistic demands. You are personal and you do throw around insults - you simply do it in a weasel way, with broad brush statements aimed at discrediting anyone whose opinion differs to yours. You're the one who didn't debate ANY of the points raised in QualityChimp's huge critique, instead batting it away without reference, with yet another aside about not understanding anything. A weasel remark, designed to insult intelligence instead of debate points.
          I don't feel like he understood any scene in the film that he spoke about, the film wasn't a traditional superman tale, it took things slightly out of the box, so to speak, but at its heart it still very much was superman.

I didn't go through each one of his pints because for one, I really couldn't be bothered, and two my answer was the same to them all, he was complaining about things that were ultimately irrelevelant to anyone's enjoyment of the film unless they had preconceived notions of how they thought things should play out. He wasn't complaining about faults with the film. He was complaining about how he didn't like what happened in it.

I'm not really sure why the fact that I originally couldn't be bothered to type all that makes me a "weasel". Your still getting personal, attacking me, you're being a complete dick if I'm honest.
          Last edited by rmoxon; 18-12-2013, 06:57.

Comment

rmoxon is taking an enforced week off from the forum.
            Resorting to calling someone a dick is unacceptable - it makes the forum look bad to visitors who have no doubt been told we are a more civilised bunch. Anyone else considering this sort of language please take note.

There is also the complete lack of ability to form an argument without it turning into a "you are wrong" match - it happens time and again immediately after rmoxon enters a thread, but that's not against the rules. However, it is getting very tiresome - for example the mod team flagged this thread and predicted it would end this way.
            Last edited by charlesr; 18-12-2013, 08:18.

Comment

I blocked him, but choose to read the occasional thread hence the reason I haven't been involved in many arguments for a while

But anyway you are wrong about it Charles I could argue all day can't the thread be moderated and just put back on track

Comment

It reminds me of the epic Inception thread, that was a monster that just kept on going. I feel like I've roughly settled on my choices for this year but I've still yet to see Gravity and given the praise it recieves I don't want to cast until I've watched it. Can't imagine anything else will rock up now beside it though, not feeling Walter Mittys trailer and always felt Anchorman was decent but overrated so a sequel isn't likely to wow me. Gonna have to try and see Gravity sharpish.

Comment

Moxon is too funny to be blocked.

Comment

As much as I usually find Rmoxon posts on movies jarring, and Prinnysquad posts I normally agree with or at least find amusing . . . . I'm finding it a bit unfair that one gets away with calling the other a weasel or doing things "in a weasel way" yet "being a complete dick" results in a weeks ban?

Maybe because I'm sure I've said worse here myself

Comment

Tbh his ban is harsh. I have seen much worse in recent weeks but either it goes unnoticed or ignored.
                      Calling someone a dick is hardly ban material.

Comment

He has been warned before and told he would receive a temporary ban if it happened again.
                        If you see worse, please report it.

Back on topic please.

Comment

On topic, I haven't watched a single movie released this year. I do want to see Captain Phillips but Maiko was too ill to stay in the cinema so long.

Comment

Originally posted by neil2k View Post
                            Most Anticipated of 2014

1. The Grand Budapest Hotel
                            Agree with this. Although I'm hoping the actual film isn't 4:3. Also totally hyped for Godzilla. That's 2014, right?

Comment

Gotta add Dawn of the Planet of the apes to my anticipated list! New trailer today look kool!

Comment

It does look pretty awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X