Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw them do Quadrophenia at the Albert Hall (Where i've seen them 5 times) Tom from Kasabian played bellboy, Eddie Vedder did a few tracks. ****ing great night!

Comment

Work driving me to darkness...

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
        Been trying to find and listen to some of the Jungle sets from the nights i went to in the 90's, i can't remember much from the night but i think i remember this set
        (vid snipped!)
        Need to listen through something better than laptop speakers but that seems like a nice set!

Pressed play on the CD player yesterday expecting something of mine to be in but it was a rockyish CD my girlfriend had been listening to, which spurred me on to listening to two of the 3 Sisters of Mercy CDs I have Might do the third and "God's Own Medicine" by The Mission tomorrow!

Comment

reminded of me of this awesome band (Wes borland of limp bizkits other band and he does the vocals to )

Comment

Breakbot's new album dropped today. It's seven shades of bloody gorgeous

Comment

And in the ikobo household they did rejoice, as one of his favourite bands is back with a new album.....

Off to see them live again in a couple of weeks, backstage passes already set up. I might get a bit drunk and take the next day off work.............

Comment

Rival Sons were great at the Download festival this year. I'm looking forward to the album too, thanks for the heads-up!

I've been listening to a metric tonne of Stoner Rock and Metal over the last few months, and I can update the Stoner Rock thread if anybody's interesting in some headbangingly good riffage, but I took a break to check out some funk.

I've found a nice selection of funk tracks on a series of albums called Dramatic Funk. The tracks come from an organisation called The Themes Library, created by composers Alan Parker (Top of the Pops, ITN News at Ten), Alan Hawkshaw (Dave Allen At Large, Grange Hill, The Milk Tray ads), Mike Moran (Taggart, New Tricks, The Krypton Factor) and Barry Morgan (http://www.mrbarrymorgan.com)

I'm not 100% that's the same guy, but it's a very funny website!

. That and the Corduroy discography on an MP3 disc is currently rocking my car!

Full album (Vol. 1)
                Last edited by QualityChimp; 18-09-2012, 19:46.

Comment

Forgot I had this on a compilation, reminded me how awesome it is

Comment

Listening to an absolutely awesome album by Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury called Drokk - Music Inspired By Mega-City One. No real idea of the story behind the album but it's like a soundtrack to a Judge Dredd film that doesn't exist and it's very 80s electro Carpenter-like. Here's a sample, although I don't think this even shows the best of the album as it's just the first track...

Comment

new Gallows album is the only thing being played on my ipod at the mo....only downside is the gig next month is a wednesday and I am now so pitiful I had to book the rest of the week off! /

Comment

Pulp - Different Class

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          I've been listening to a metric tonne of Stoner Rock and Metal over the last few months, and I can update the Stoner Rock thread if anybody's interesting in some headbangingly good riffage
                          Do it mate, i've found some great stuff through you posting in that thread. Have you heard of Mount Carmel? Loving them right now....

Comment

Yeah, okay, will do!

I meant to say there's an interview with Rival Sons in the current Classic Rock magazine. Iron Maiden are on the cover.

In other Maiden news, the bassist, Steve Harris (who wrote most of their best tracks) has just released a solo album.

Also, Maiden and Rammstein are two of the headliners for the Download Festival 2013!

Musically, I've been listening to Classic FM today as their movie themes show was a superhero special. My word, the Captain America theme sounds like somebody said "can you make it sound like Star Wars, but change it ever-so-slightly so we don't get sued?"

Comment

Comment

Any Aesop Rock fans on here?

Really loving his stuff - Big Bang is my favourite track I've listened to so far.

Any album recommendations?

Comment

Working...
                                X