Battlestar Galactica........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
    So final episode. Not so good at all, it had me laughing how cheezy it was by the end

Lee jumping on a table going WOOOOO, was fing hilarious

and the ending was predictable as expletive. The only good stuff is when Adama is on screen, everything else was disappointing.
    I have to agree, it wasn't all it was hyped up to be at all and no

fights in space or any kind of sci fi jiggery pokery really, they have a lot to make up for in the 2nd half

Comment

You guys are so hard to please!

Comment

Originally posted by PeteJ View Post
        You guys are so hard to please!
        tbh not really

BSG has continually been good television and its a shame in its final throw that its starting to be a little weak

it was predictable - at least it didnt have the statue of liberty's head lying on the ground or something

i personally would have prefered it if they arrived at earth during prehistoric times - that would have be cool! </geek>

Comment

I totally agree with Buster_Broon, the events that unfolded in the last episode could have been handled better. Its a huge dissapointment considering how great the previous seasons were including the awful love triangle in season 3.

Comment

Half a season isn't going to leave much time now to develop a new foe and wrap up all the story arcs. The remainder of this series could be some great TV or utter mince.

Comment

next stop mars.

Comment

Well that episode was certainly better than they have been all season. Story setups were actually paid off - something they did most of the time in the early seasons and haven't done at all since the end of the last season. Still predictable and clumsy, as you guys have said. But interesting and watchable.

Backs up my feeling that they wrote themselves into a corner at the end of the last season and have had to just stretch out nothing to get here. This episode could have taken place just about straight after the last ep of season 3. Pretty much nothing that has happened since mattered a damn. It was just filler.

And, again, the writing was very lazy. There was no work to get to this final resolution. The writers basically just activated a contrivance with little or no reason and then the character's reactions to that was simply to get to the end of the episode.

Such a shame from such a once great show.

Like Broon, I was expecting

dinosaurs.

Waiting until 2009 for more eps? I can't imagine I'll care at that point and really there is damn all story left. They may as well have ended with a banner saying "And the final Cylon turned out to be X" and left it at that. There can be only filler now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  next stop mars.
                  Probably, but only to find mankind has moved on from there and thus starts the chase to catch up with them. The chase will likely end at Caprica.

Dogg Thang, my thought was the fifth Cylon of the ludicrously named 'Final Five' would be..

Starbuck's Raptor ...No, really Cylons are machines lest we forget

Last edited by Ian(not Ian); 18-06-2008, 07:22.

Comment

Not a bad suggestion at all, Ian. Although Xena Warrior Princess seemed to suggest that only four out of the five were on Galactica and

Starbuck's ship

was on Galactica at the time. I was thinking that the fifth must be sitting on

Earth, waiting for their arrival, having destroyed the planet or something.

Funny how there's no number 7...

Comment

My work colleague thinks that

Galactica

itself is the final Cylon...

I'm going more for

Doc Cottle (sp?) or Adama's other son

The thing is I feel they've written themselves into a big hole now - if the final Cylon is revealed to be one of the main characters ( e.g. Apollo, Adama, Roslin etc ) then it's going to be hard to take and explain but then if it's someone completely random, or someone we've never even seen before, then it's just going to be a big let-down.

Also, regarding them getting back to
                      I thought they'd either go the

pre-historic route as some have suggested or maybe even moder-day ( though that would be a bit silly ) OR, that everyone on Earth would be skin-job Cylons

At this point I just have no idea where they're going with it. It's frustrating that one of the best ever sci-fi shows has really gone off the boil. I just hope they somehow managed to rescue it for the last few episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post

OR, that everyone on Earth would be skin-job Cylons

That was my thinking

If

Number 5 isn't "in the fleet" as she said, its got to be a past character who's presumed dead right? Or God or some crazy ****.

I also think the 13th colony was the first. The humans are us in the future, they ****ed Earth up and decided to keep it quiet for some reason.

Comment

christ that sucked.

I know its hard to finish much loved tv series but they seem to have forgotten nearly everything that made this great in the first few years and disappeared up their own worm holes with this.

Characters just seem to have been forgotten about, others act totally out of character now and the whole thing is really tripe.

most telling thing for me is I watched the first 3 series on dvd and would regulalry stay up to the small hours cramming in episodes 3 or 4 at a time, most of the time i find myself dozing off now during this at about 10ish !
                          Last edited by merf; 19-06-2008, 09:19.

Comment

Promo trailer for Caprica has been released,

Seems to be different to what I expecting (not sure what that was though!)

Will look foward to it though

Comment

Seems like it is set in the 40s. Looks a bit dull to me. And probably fairly pointless given that it's a prequel.

Comment

looks poo

Comment

Working...
                                X