This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Olga Kurylenko look hot in it?

I watched Venom this afternoon with friends. It wasn't as bad as critics have rated it. There's room for improvement though and hopefully with the setup for a sequel it'll comfortably find its stride with the next film.
    Last edited by Paddy; 07-10-2018, 07:03.

Comment

Tonight was The Last Jedi, and I noticed that

the ancient Jedi texts were in the Falcon rather than in the tree when Yoda zapped it.

Missed that the first time around.

Comment

I saw The Predator and Venom. I really enjoyed both, but it is crazy how they are basically the SAME STORY, even to the point where some of the lines of dialogue are the same.

Venom was the perfect antidote to Marvel film fatigue. It will be a shame if everything is produced under one umbrella. I like the cheesiness of the Sony and Fox films that you don't find with the studio films. Feels more comic booky.

Predator is not a horror film. It is more in line with comic book films with humour and winks throughout. The usual characterless brutes are done better than in every Predator film since the original, too.

Comment

A Star is Born.

Honestly, it was a fantastic overall film. Went in on the assumption it would be trash, and came out extremely impressed about the whole thing.

Comment

Fast & Furious Tokyo Drift was on last night.

Lucas Black was 23 when he made that but looked at least 30!! And they tried passing him off as a high schooler. Lollers.

Comment

The bit where he has his shirt off and the big hairy chest on him is hilarious. They made no effort to make him look young. I love that movie.

Comment

I love that movie also. And I'll never buy a Hyundai because of that one.

Comment

"Wurts dreeift?!"

It's perfect!

Comment

If The Fast and the Furious is Point Break with cars, then Tokyo Drift is The Karate Kid.

I wanted to rewatch that.

Comment

The Blu-ray is surprisingly good. Great picture quality and audio.

And yet I watched it in SD on a 49" 4k TV with adverts...

Comment

The audio is great in Tokyo Drift. Really strong track choices too.

Comment

I've got most of the Fast films because Dogg loves them and told me to watch them.

Drift is probably my favourite and I don't own it!
                          Probably because there's no flying cars.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            A Star is Born.

Honestly, it was a fantastic overall film. Went in on the assumption it would be trash, and came out extremely impressed about the whole thing.
                            Best film I’ve seen in ages. Loved it!

Comment

Moana
                              Second viewing and it holds up quite well, the ending doesn't quite fully land probably because it's over so quickly but it's a good film.

I Am Paul Walker
                              Not really a film but this look back at the actors life reveals very interesting unheard of facts I was previously unaware of. Did you know that Walker could turn water into wine? Well, you do if you watch this sycophantic documentary in which his family and one working friend (the ever bitter Tyrese) praise the infallible Walker who's apparent place as a shining legend amongst Hollywood's greatest was cut short by an unexplained tragic accident where racing at high speed is beyond even questioning as an explanation. Just awful and frankly an insult to the guy, it's just a very poor attempt to both profit on his demise and to rewrite the narrative of his career and legacy.

Really you're left with little sense that that 'Fast Family' is actually a thing and instead the strong suspicion that: 1 - Tyrese is so unworkable on set that Walker is the sole reason he was allowed back after 2 Fast, 2 - Walker was so bad with money that were it not for the Fast movies he would have been broke and not in that car that day, 3 - Walker was a weak father, buying affection with minimal effort put in, 4 - Walker didn't enjoy the Fast movies beyond the cars, 5 - Walker was only an actor because of his self absorbed mother who pushed the life on him

And you have to gleam those from either the cracks in the comments or the much more up front Tyrese. Only Walker's brother Cody seems to be genuine in his delivery. Just... affecting for the wrong reasons.

Comment

I watched JCVD last night. It was very, very weird, and not really amazing...but maybe at least an interesting film. I just didn't know what the shish was goin on with the kidnappers n stuff, started losing interest.

BUT, big JCVD monologue towards the end, talking about his life had me p!ss!ng! myselves, it's just nuts in a brilliant way and Jean-Claude emerges from the enterprise entirely smelling of roses.

But...not a great movie. And everything is tinted dark brown.

Comment

Working...
                                X