Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edge of Tomorrow? Evil Dead? Ex Machina?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      Evil Dead?
      I'm wondering if I can get away with Army of Darkness?

"Why is it officially titled "Army of Darkness" rather than "Evil Dead III" like the previous installments?
      Universal wanted to market the film as a stand-alone feature for audiences who had not seen The Evil Dead or Evil Dead II which is also the reason for the prologue. The rights to the franchise had also changed hands, meaning the name "Evil Dead" could not be used anyway. Sam Raimi as a result used the subheading, "The Medieval Dead". However some releases such as the 2 disc UK anchor bay edition has the title "The Evil Dead 3: Army of Darkness"."

Maybe that's my loophole!

All good shouts though, Supes.

Comment

East is East
        Eagle vs Shark
        Eight Legged Freaks

Or is it only action filums?

Comment

Anything decent.

I'm not sure Eight Legged Freaks comes under that remit!

Comment

It's been ages since I saw it but I liked it.

How about Evolution? That was fun.

Comment

Venom

Like a mid-tier Marvel movie. The humorous bits were good but not enough of them. Took forever to get going. CGI fights straight out of the Michael bay book i.e. just fast cut madness going on with no way to really discern what was happening.

6/10

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                Venom

Like a mid-tier Marvel movie. The humorous bits were good but not enough of them. Took forever to get going. CGI fights straight out of the Michael bay book i.e. just fast cut madness going on with no way to really discern what was happening.

6/10
                This seems to be getting mostly average ratings among audiences. I think my friends and I are planning to see this on the weekend but I won't set my hopes high. I also noticed the runtime is apparently 2.20 hrs. What business does a Venom origin story have being that long? I know the film will have parts that should have remained on the cutting room floor if the final cut for general release is that long.
                Last edited by Paddy; 05-10-2018, 10:06.

Comment

We're going to try and watch it but we'll see if it's on at a convenient time in a couple of weeks, we're going to prioritise Halloween over it

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    With Cameron busy still making the fourteen Avatar sequels and the kerfuffle with Eliza Dushku raising allegations that the stunt co-ordinator sexually assaulted her, it doesn't look like there's a decent version of this coming out any time soon.

How did you watch it
                    It's on Film 4 on Monday night if you were wanting to watch sometime soon

Comment

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

TiVo SET!

Comment

Watched Solo earlier. Enjoyed it but now want to know how the story expands from here. Donald Glover was well cast.

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                          Anything decent.

I'm not sure Eight Legged Freaks comes under that remit!
                          Eight Legged Freaks was awesome. Young Scarlett Johansson, and Kari Wuhrer before she had her implants removed.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                            Watched Solo earlier. Enjoyed it but now want to know how the story expands from here.
                            SPOILER: Han and Chewie meet an old guy and a kid in a bar who want to be flown to Alderaan. It goes well but years later he has an awkward reunion with his son.

Comment

Surprisingly, not the Han/Chewie bit.

Darth Maul and Qi'Ra, and Scarlet Dawn.

Comment

SPOILER: They died on the way back to their home planet.

I was subjected to the Johnny English movie today. The kids enjoyed it if that counts for anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X