This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cracks

A movie set in a girls boarding school centering on the relationship between a teacher and a Spanish aristocratic new student. That really is the meat and bones of it. Probably sounds boring to many but I like these kinda movies. Movies about nothing special, nothing extraordinary, movies about everyday people doing everyday things. I find the ordinary interesting. Explosions and car chases and super powers interest me none, but common feelings of desire,of envy, of anger, of friendship and love, that stuff I do enjoy. It's a good film. Eva Green puts on a fine performance as the teacher and is as lovely as ever.

Comment

A strange one off Film4, 'The Windmill Massacre', a random group of tourists go off on a minibus tour and end up getting massacred at a windmill.

Odd. Patrick Baladi from The Office is in it, playing a more frustrated, soap-acting Patrick Baladi in The Office (don't get me wrong I enjoyed his acting tbh). Noah Taylor, too.

It was interesting, felt like a mix of Hostel, Hatchet and Wrong Turn with a supernatural twist. Main baddie looks like a Super Mutant from Fallout 3 on 360.

Don't get me wrong, it wasn't ACE but it was decent and looks good, plus had a good headsquish.
      Last edited by JazzFunk; 11-10-2018, 02:23.

Comment

Expedition Happiness

Watched this on Netflix tonight, it's a documentary about a young German couple who do up an old American school bus and embark on an epic road trip across the American continent from Alaska all the way down to Argentina, along with their dog. If you can look past the boring, soulless soundtrack and not let the fact that their both gorgeous and happy and very grounded people (some people hate that, don't they ), in fact they might even be what some people call 'hipsters', haha, but anyway, yes, if you can look past that then it's quite a good film. A travel diary of sorts. They visit some beautiful places and both come across as nice people, and they meet lovely people along the way, but the dog steals the show. But that's animals for you, eh. They always outshine people, even nice people. Without trying to. Maybe it's because they don't try that they manage it? But I'm rambling. Either way it's a good movie.

Last edited by Zen Monkey; 11-10-2018, 22:00.

Comment

The Swimmer, Burt Lancaster walking around barefoot all movie, in the midst of a massive mental breakdown.

It's amazing. Burt Lancaster is something else, one minute gallant and Shakespearian, next moment creepy and pointless and desperate. It's on Talking Pictures TV, I'd recommend it proper bo style, it's mesmerising and brilliant and there is no other movie like it.

Comment

Top channel that one.

Loads of old British fillums on, and the occasional Stan and Ollie flick.

Talking of which, the trailer for the biopic looks decent. O’Reilly and Coogan look to have the performances nailed.

Comment

Just discovered it, I hope they're showing it again as I deleted it by accident, it's addictive and brilliant!!

Don't mess with the wagon

Comment

"I'm a very special human being...
                *noble*...and splendid."

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                  The Swimmer, Burt Lancaster walking around barefoot all movie, in the midst of a massive mental breakdown.
                  My dad mentioned watching it last week and thinking it was brilliant. I hadn't heard of it before. I'll try to watch it sometime.

Comment

Last time a watched The Swimmer was on VHS. Quality film.

Comment

I watched Friday the 13th part VII last night. It’s kind of a middle of the road Jason film but I enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
                        and the occasional Stan and Ollie flick.

Talking of which, the trailer for the biopic looks decent. O’Reilly and Coogan look to have the performances nailed.
                        It does, I just hope it doesn't focus on conflict too much because I always understood they were very close.

From the trailer John C Reilly is completely believable as Ollie ... amazing piece of casting ... but I've been a fan of Coogan for so long I'm going to have a hard time seeing Stan, though his performance also looks top notch.

We shall see. I'll be going to see it either way

Comment

Didn't even know about the Stan & Ollie film, looks great!

Comment

Watched Lost in Translation again last night.

I've probably seen it 50 times but it still makes me cry.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              The Blu-ray is surprisingly good. Great picture quality and audio.

And yet I watched it in SD on a 49" 4k TV with adverts...
                              There's just something mesmerising about a good movie being shown on tv...

I've done the same thing a number of times too =D

Comment

Originally posted by Leon Retro View Post
                                My dad mentioned watching it last week and thinking it was brilliant. I hadn't heard of it before. I'll try to watch it sometime.
                                Watch it! I'll try and find out when it's on again. It's freaky deaky!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X