No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would but i've been following the HaroHaro subs.. ep45 at last count...

Comment

I was actually hugely disappointed by Destiny now that I've seen it all. Too many characters, each demanding screen time, and most not getting any fleshing out or resolution even right at the end. SEED for me was legendary and it'd be hard to follow up; Destiny did have some good moments to it, though in the end, it ultimately came across as a poor mish-mash of ideas IMHO.

Comment

Anyone know anything about Canvas 2? Lunar have released the first episode which is part of the fall season lineup. Is Canvas 1 a full blown series? I'm in two minds as to whether or not I should check it out, I mean I don't really want to be jumping into Canvas 2 without having seen the first if I'm missing important plot details and stuff from the first series.

Comment

i think canvas is more hentai/dating game turn anime, never watched the 1st season, so i can't tell you.

Anyone got a clue was Playball is, i can only imagine it to be baseball anime.

Comment

from first impressions neither of them are anything too special.

canvas curse 2 is about an art teacher bloke and various women/schoolgirls, who strangely, dont all fancy him (yet). seems to be mainly about his relationship withhis cousin, who he looks after since her parents were killed.
            but there was nothing really stand out in the first episode. i dont kknow if you need to have seen a first series, but i dont think i'll bother watching the second episode.

play ball is a little better, but not a whole lot happened in that either. its about a guy who used to be great at baseball, but cant play since he got injured, and has now turned his attention to football.
            i was expecting him to return to baseball, but it seems not. it wasnt funny, and it had none of the character building type stuff you see in eyeshield 21. the guy practiced kicking a ball for a couple of days, and now he's as good as the best on the team.
            i'll check out another episode of it, but it seems a little boring so far....not too keen on the art style either.

Comment

Another good episode of Suzuka.

Asahina not being her usualy bitchy self and going up the likeable scale a bit for me. Also reread the first chapter of the manga and It amazes me how much better the characters look.

EDIT:

Well Black Cat was different from what I expected. Completely different from the manga event and story wise, but overall I liked it alot. Thumbs up from me.
              Last edited by Stelvia; 09-10-2005, 11:49.

Comment

Still got Suzuka ep14 to watch, and ep19-24 of Speed Grapher now the show has finished, Shuffle 12, WIldarms(an old show but one I never finished 3 years ago but there?s a new posting of the series on ABMA), and a crap load of the new shows.

Also after about 2 years Tokyo Mew Mew is finally finished in sub form, Sailermoon with animal powers, quite the violent and sad last few episodes a few people dying(unexpected) before the usual happy ending.

Comment

I'm having serious troubles downloading any of Shinsen's stuff, always get tracker connection errors. Anybody know of any ways around this, need my Speed Grapher fix!

Comment

No problems on my end, although the speeds never gets above 20k/sec. My only problem seems to be scarywater torrents, where I can?t download them at all, but if I get the starters files form work they connect fine to the tracker.

Comment

Originally posted by Stelvia
                      Another good episode of Suzuka.

Asahina not being her usualy bitchy self and going up the likeable scale a bit for me. Also reread the first chapter of the manga and It amazes me how much better the characters look.

EDIT:

Well Black Cat was different from what I expected. Completely different from the manga event and story wise, but overall I liked it alot. Thumbs up from me.
                      I thought it was just me. I read the Black Cat manga a while ago up to the end of Volume 1 and what was in the anime's first episode was totally different to anything I remember of the manga. Still it was good and I'll definitely be sticking with the series.

Also watched Canvas2 ep1. I was a little worried after Tobal mentioned it was a H-game adaptation but the first episode wasn't too bad. I'll keep watching it for the time being as there wasn't really anything in the first ep which made me detest it and the series may well pickup later(like Suzuka has done for example).

Ep14 of Suzuka was another enjoyable episode. It's become one of my favourite series from the summer season. I'd like to see more Honoka and Yamato interaction. As Stelvia says Suzuka starts to become more likeable and less of her usual bitchy self, still not enough to topple Honoka though.

I've still got to watch Shuffle ep12, Animal Yokocho ep1, Cluster edge ep1, playball ep1 and the rest of speedgrapher.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka
                        I'm having serious troubles downloading any of Shinsen's stuff, always get tracker connection errors. Anybody know of any ways around this, need my Speed Grapher fix!
                        You could try downloading it from their IRC channel. What client are you using? I use BitComet and I've not had any problems with dling their files using it.

Comment

I'm currently in the queue for a few of Shinsen's episodes on IRC, first foray into it.

The Bit Torrent client I'm using is Bit Tornado, which I know doesn't feature de-centralised tracking which clients like Azureus does. I would use Azureus but it absolutely hammers my poor laptop in terms of resources.

Comment

Just to point out that I'm now posting all episodes shinsen release on newsgroups. They are either posted pre-release or with 1-15hrs (depending on time of day... e.t.c). So if you have usenet access it would be greatly appreciated if you got our releases from there. Saves us some bandwidth ^_^

Comment

i've gotten most of speed grapher and all of GxS off ABMA, and im relying onit heavy for Scarywater torrents unless its Lunars(irc=faster), anime-keep irc is an awful mess.

Comment

Crammed in the last 6 or so episodes of Speed Grapher over the last few days. It finishes wonderfully, everything is wrapped up in a proper conclusion (rather than the usual WTF moments I've seen in too many shows). One of the finest anime I've seen.

Also just seen the first ep of Blood +. Can't say much for a first ep, and I'm not sure if it pays any attention to the OVA or the manga at all. Though I swear that bloke is out of Gungrave.

Comment

Working...
                                X