New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razz
    Anyone seen Madlax? I downloaded 1-14 and must say it is very good.

Another mention must go to scrapped princess. One of the best anime I've seen. Too bad it was only 24 episodes. Must see.
    For me SP is brilliant with super clean art, great characters and an interesting medival style story which is a pitty cos, it lost its why towards the end when they killed of the best character in the series with NO PAY OFF, IN THE WORLDS CRAPPEST WAY(i bet you can guess who I'm on about Razz) and the plot twist was meh! SPOILER , don't want ot spoil it*Sim* and co got wasted in the fights in Unspectacular and quick ways.

P.S naming the badguys after Real world guns is a kick as idea

I got 1-14 of madax but only watched up to ep4 as it really, really started to bore in very predictable ways. Does it pick up soon after then?

While we're on memory lane a mention must go to Whistle!, Slayers Next(best of the series), Scryed and Figure 17.
    Last edited by Tobal; 10-07-2004, 19:55.

Comment

Killing the best character in a rubbish way? It's Nadesico all over again...

Comment

I loved the Streetfighter 2 anime, the 18 ratred demon womb tentacle pr0n one and the anime shown in a fan made music video for Linkin park's breaking the habit which I believe might have been Naruto. Where shall I start?

Comment

Well Samurai 7 eps 3 and 4 are out at last. Seems there's still a group doing Kurau though.

Girls Bravo seems pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal
            For me SP is brilliant with super clean art, great characters and an interesting medival style story which is a pitty cos, it lost its why towards the end when they killed of the best character in the series with NO PAY OFF, IN THE WORLDS CRAPPEST WAY(i bet you can guess who I'm on about Razz) and the plot twist was meh! SPOILER , don't want ot spoil it*Sim* and co got wasted in the fights in Unspectacular and quick ways.

P.S naming the badguys after Real world guns is a kick as idea

I got 1-14 of madax but only watched up to ep4 as it really, really started to bore in very predictable ways. Does it pick up soon after then?

While we're on memory lane a mention must go to Whistle!, Slayers Next(best of the series), Scryed and Figure 17.
            Yeah I know who you mean, and tbh I was expecting more plot development from that character and thought perhaps she'd change sides. Oh well.

Madlax does start to pick up, but it gets confusing in places as you don't know who some characters are to begin with, but I like it. The opening theme tune is one the best I've ever heard Sometimes I think it is just BEGGING for a hentai scene, but that's japanese anime for you.

I'll tell you what bores me a little; Samurai Champloo does. A bit.

It has no character development for either mugen or jin, and they just seem to be invincible compared to everybody else. Fantastic rap tune for the opening though

Downloading Airmaster at the moment, I hope its good.

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
              I loved the Streetfighter 2 anime, the 18 ratred demon womb tentacle pr0n one and the anime shown in a fan made music video for Linkin park's breaking the habit which I believe might have been Naruto. Where shall I start?
              If you want naruto then it not hard to find but its is a Long series and won't finish for a long time, as the manga is still going strong (we at 90+ eps at the moments) http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/3.html get the ANBU or TW releases, also if you all for bloody action, being this is along series, character development comes first at the start so don't expect the major action to kick off until ep 16/17 (also the 1st episodes are full of long recaps at the start which don't happen any more thankgod)

Comment

Yeah I know who you mean, and tbh I was expecting more plot development from that character and thought perhaps she'd change sides. Oh well.

Madlax does start to pick up, but it gets confusing in places as you don't know who some characters are to begin with, but I like it. The opening theme tune is one the best I've ever heard Sometimes I think it is just BEGGING for a hentai scene, but that's japanese anime for you.

It has no character development for either mugen or jin, and they just seem to be invincible compared to everybody else. Fantastic rap tune for the opening though

Downloading Airmaster at the moment, I hope its good.
                Well im giving ffxi a miss for most today as i want to d/l Samurai 7, Azubaby 14 and keeps ver of Soukyuu no Fafner, so i might as well watch some more Madlax. And Woo for the Air Master

Comment

It has no character development for either Mugen or Jin, and they just seem to be invincible compared to everybody else. Fantastic rap tune for the opening though .
                  Oddly enough these are the things that I find refreshing about SC, With both Jin and Mugen not really revealing any of their pasts, it makes a change from the usual soft-focus-tormented-past-flashback-episodes that are in nearly every anime ever (no doubt they will crop up in SC too at some point though )

I agree about the intro though, "Battlecry" is fully lodged in my head, and playlist at the moment. I read that the artist, Shing02's other work is of a similar quality, can anyone clarify?

Comment

I've been listening to the Samurai Champloo soundtrack CD recently. That is really good (though only the Departure CD) though most of it is instrumental other than the op and ed tracks. The music for battlecry is by "Nujabes" I believe.

Comment

Thanks to the bittorrent link in the other thread and my recently aquired broadband i let the 1st eps of samurai champloo dl ovenight. Not bad so far, mengu reminds me slightly of the lead in Blade of the Immortal.

I'm dl the 2nd eps now

Comment

i was thinking samurai champloo had the worst opening credits music ever.
                        still a great show though...only got 3 so far, are the others actually out yet?

and i have the first 4 episodes of samurai 7, and 2 operation sanctuary to check out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                          I was thinking samurai champloo had the worst opening credits music ever.
                          You aren't the only one. It's awful. The ending is much better, but still not classic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
                            Thanks to the bittorrent link in the other thread and my recently aquired broadband i let the 1st eps of samurai champloo dl ovenight. Not bad so far, mengu reminds me slightly of the lead in Blade of the Immortal.

I'm dl the 2nd eps now
                            mengu? what in gods name sub's are u downloading? Mugen is his is name, Go for Aoi/As or AF subs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
                              i was thinking samurai champloo had the worst opening credits music ever.
                              still a great show though...only got 3 so far, are the others actually out yet?

and i have the first 4 episodes of samurai 7, and 2 operation sanctuary to check out tonight.
                              NANI?! SHINDE KUDASAI!

Samurai 7 is excellent IMO, but Airmaster...well...ROFL, I couldn't stop laughing. It's not bad, but its more lighthearted ecchi beat em up than anything else lol...funny stuff.

Comment

How much did you watch of AirMaster, razz. I know it has lull of decent fights till Kinjiro turns up and after straight that comes the Woman's Tag Wrestling stuff, top notch stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X