No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

echoing Macross ep14 - Aceness, im guessing somewhere done the line the vaj will turn out to be the goodguys and humans the baddies in somesort of twist is the feeling i got from this ep.

Itazura na Kiss ep13 - well... im probably the only person watching it but talk about it anyway. The show been going pretty well with the whole Irie/Kotoko will they, won't they relationship but the get together in this ep felt so rushed and they made the other love interests look so,so stupid... i wasn't expecting them to turn Kin into "forcefull person" if you know what i mean. Anyway looks like the second half of the show will be how Irie/Kotoko stay together.

edit*

Code Geass R2 ep14 -

didn't expect Lulu to get straight back into Zero mode for a total massacre, and it was pretty cool thinking to hold back kicking the seven shades of **** of Rolo, just to bad that crapstain didn't blow up with VV. Again pretty sad watching the reaction to shirleys death even in a quick timeskipp'ish way, and Kallen she gonna get a drugging . And there finally showing that Lulu's mum may have been thorn in VV/Charles side for their god killing plan.

Last edited by Tobal; 13-07-2008, 22:51.

Comment

Code Geass ep 14 -

Shame rolo didn't go in this episode. The pace also seems to have quickened after Shirley's death. The cult went down surprisingly quickly. Lelou also starting to sow seeds of doubt in his own troops now with the killing of the "civilians". Will be interesting to see what is up with that place in the next episode. Things are starting to come to ahead now and there's still 11 or 12 eps left?

I'm still watching Itazura Na Kiss too. But I've already seen one adaptation of the manga (the taiwanese drama) so I know what's going to happen, even if it isn't hard to predict. Incidentally I think the drama is superior to the anime e.g. they handle the whole Kin-chan thing much better. I don't remember him being forceful in the drama. The cool thing was that he was always so devoted to keeping her happy but it never seemed enough. He still took it in good spirit though. They also showed more of Irie liking her earlier on. So the whole thing was less annoying. There have been new bits in the anime that I've not seen previously but for the most part they just seem to serve the same purpose. I guess the other advantage is that things don't seem that rushed or forced because it was something in the region of 30 hour long episodes = more time to develop things.

Comment

Code Geass:

First up, amazed by Shirely's death(caught up yesterday see). Quite possibly the first time I liked her character since it was the start of when she began to actually think rather than be all "omg I love lelouch how can I make him mine." Interesed to see what Cornelia will do now. Also, Refrain is some kind of mind regression drug isn't it? I don't get what that'll do with Karen.

Edit: Ryoko's case file ep1: Quite interesting this. detective series with a hint of the bizarre. Characters seem quite nifty and the music's pretty funky but the plot feels like they're pushing it a bit quickly. I think I prefer it to it being dragged out though.
        Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 14-07-2008, 01:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
          Code Geass:

First up, amazed by Shirely's death(caught up yesterday see). Quite possibly the first time I liked her character since it was the start of when she began to actually think rather than be all "omg I love lelouch how can I make him mine." Interesed to see what Cornelia will do now. Also, Refrain is some kind of mind regression drug isn't it? I don't get what that'll do with Karen.

I like that Karen/kallen has a history with the drug which turned her mum into a zombie from overuse and is one of the main reason she took up the fight inthe 1st place, you can see her reaction to it when Lulu was going to use it and then her reaction to getting drugged herself in to some fake reality and spill the beans on the BK's, good'ole Suzaku back to his dickhead hypocrisy ways. Lets hope he dreams will be a happy family with Lulu

Comment

Started watching Slayers even though I should probably be clearing my backlog of recent anime. It's pretty good so far ( 2 episodes in). Nothing amazing as of yet, but the comedy has hit the mark. Even breaking the fourth wall during the second episode, rather unexpectedly which was a nice surprise. I like the characters so far. No one's annoying me thus far. I also like the kind of anime it is. I think recently there's probably only been Tower of Druaga that has had a similar sort of adventure journey type feel to it. With the heroes travelling around from town to town etc... Used to be that this was all I'd watch, now though it's pretty scarce. So it's a welcome change.

Also I've now started to burn the discs. I have currently done 2 out of the estimated 16 discs Should hopefully have them all done today or tomorrow, providing I don't get too bored or something else comes up.

Comment

Strike Witchers?!?! What the hell is this pedophile loli rubbish! As soon as i saw a girl with propellers on her legs i couldn't stop laughing.

Then 2 seconds later full on panty p**** shots, i then dropped the show like a ton of bricks.

Complete pardon the phrase utter pantsu.

Comment

Its Sky Girls with thongs and shat on WW2 legends is the impression i get from people, still not downloaded it as i'm waiting on HQ release.

Also seem there the extra episode of Clannad out from the dvds that gives the Tomoyo ending, must have subs ASAP!

Comment

Fuuck. Looks like the new BONES show Bounen No Xamdou is going to be exclusive to the Playstation Network (If I'm reading things correctly). $3.99 per ep for the HD versions and it's a 26 ep series.

If I'm paying that much (which I don't mind doing), I'd prefer to just purchase the blu-rays. It should hopefully be just as easy to capture video from a ps3 as it is from a tv so it could conceivably be "out there" shortly after the episodes are up on the PSN. I feel sorry for those that don't have a ps3 and might want to watch this (assuming no one caps the show). On the other hand I suppose they are within their right to ensure people are actually paying for the privilege of watching it.

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mtlZxglCM0
                  looks pretty good quality-wise from the trailer, although they can be misleading
                  Last edited by Zapp$ter; 16-07-2008, 04:33.

Comment

Just thought it'd be worth a mention that the School Rumble manga is finally ending next week. Bit disappointing since I don't really think there's been a lot of dvelopment with

any HarimaxYakumo

nonsense but I have missed the last 5 or so chapters so that may be my ignorance talking.

Edit: I knew I forgot something; also another article on ANN saying that Moon Phase has confirmed a second FMA series.
                    Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 16-07-2008, 19:17.

Comment

I just read about it to, and you right about the Yakumo stuff, there been little of it for a good while now and was almost forgotten until now, but im thinking Harmia not gonna end up with anybody even Eri even though she is the closest girl to right now and Harmia has some kind of feeling for her, as "people" are saying the mangka will follow up with and "after school" verision of school rumble.

Still im hoping for a Eri finish

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
                        Fuuck. Looks like the new BONES show Bounen No Xamdou is going to be exclusive to the Playstation Network (If I'm reading things correctly). $3.99 per ep for the HD versions and it's a 26 ep series.
                        Just read about that, and its even worse then you mentioned. Its $3.99 to rent the ep, it will stay on your HDD for 14days, but once you've started it youve gotta watch it within 24 hours. No doubt some-one will find a way to cap it, as is the way of the internet. But Bones are really shooting themselves in the foot with this deal, unless sony offered them crazy money for it, imo. you'd have to be a mug to pay those prices especially as its not pay to keep.

Comment

Coincidentally. There seems to be a torrent for the SD version of ep 1 on tosho right now. My fears were over nothing. Now let's hope someone can get the HD version out.

Comment

A to L 13: End of the first half. Still enjoying this show. It's nothing spectacular but it's a nice series with some fun characters and good music. Must admit, was grinning a bit at the end with

Wil turning up again as a "new" soldier even if it was totally obvious. Hopefully, the Lillia arc will be just as entertaining.

Reeeeeally want the subbed Tomoyo arc episode of Clannad now. Seen some shots and it just looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
                              A to L 13: End of the first half. Still enjoying this show. It's nothing spectacular but it's a nice series with some fun characters and good music. Must admit, was grinning a bit at the end with

Wil turning up again as a "new" soldier even if it was totally obvious. Hopefully, the Lillia arc will be just as entertaining.

Went and caught up from ep8-13 after the Fi story turned me of a bit, but the train arc and its twist followed by the ending to first half was unexpected and i always wondered when this Lillia bit would come into it.

I didn't really notice them age much until ep12/13 when it was clear Allison was becoming more women like, and then it hits you with the aging process and development of the characters. The ending of the train arc really threw me asi was expect Major Stork to be the soldier that shot Allisions dad(and thuis had a respsonbility to look after Allisions well being) and not actually turn out to be her father and will deductions to figure it out where as always excellent. And not we get a time skip with Allision/Will Daughter, i had to laugh at the hot drink as it gave him away instantly .

I'm hoping the second half will be good, but i don't think we'll have anymore Murials epic findings, the Will character of troup seems to be this Treze and i'm betting Fi/bendicts kids will turn up to to make it a four some

Comment

This week's D.Gray-man:

What the hell?? Why did they bother with the last 3 months of episodes!? JUST to introduce Kuro Gensui?? "Oh yes, let's bring everyone back to life by playing a piano". Meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X