No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New list looks alright, don't know much about most of those shows source material apart from Medaka Box, which ends next week as a manga and if gainax on the case its sure to follow its own story after a couple of episodes, i do like the theory that anime could be a "rebuild of eva" esk show after the way the manga looks to end which would be pretty good and offer surprises as the story changes.

Other shows i like the sound of or looking forward to..
    Uchuu Kyouda, got a plantES feel to it.
    Gingae Kickoff, always give football animes ago.
    Upotte
    E7 and Fate/Zero sequels
    also looks like Sword Art Online dropped to summer now

Finishing up last episodes for ZnT, Shana, Guilty Crown, Nisemonogatari, High School -DxD, Symphogear, Black rock Shooter tv, with Another and Nichibros to end next week

Comment

This is why I'm still trawling PD for old mech anime. What a load of sh*te.

Comment

E7 is technically a mecha show

on that front all we have to look foward is Muv-Luv and Gundam Unicorn ep5, and with all this love mecha fans on various boards give the Muv-luv "games" i hope it will turn out good, as i've given up on Gundam AGE it became a right chore to watch.

Comment

It must be said, for a Spring lineup, it's fairly weak aside from a couple of the sequel series. Medaka Box....I've tried to like but the main male lead is just far too unlikable for me to enjoy the series.
          Other than that, hopes are pinned on the series by the Cowboy Bebop director, Zetman and my hopefull well justified guilty pleasure of Zombie season 2.

But the best news has to be that Tamayura is getting a second season! Any year with that and Hidamari season 4 is a good year for me.

Comment

Finished the majority of winters shows now, starting with the oldest..

Bleach ep366, last anime episode for a few years at least(bound to be a crap film in amongst it at some point). Only watched from 360 onwards as i've been avoiding the show for couple of years now only making trips back it when threads come about how ace certain fights had been animated. Anyway was good send off with a well animated last episode and i still fondly remember those first couple of arcs the anime did so, so many years ago make up somewhat for the crappy filler put in. The manga at least it looks like this final arc will have Kubo bringing back everyone it.

Shana s3 - i must have missed some vital plot elements but

why the sod did alot of flame haze decide to go the new world... and the MC's final plan was so god damn simple i just can not fathom why he thought he should shoulder everything and not tell shana who would go through hell for him and pretty much did in season1 and 2...

apart from that it was a good ride the last 7 years, the fact they managed to salvage the ending of season 2 bull****tery is fantastic and through out season3 of characters got closure, we got some great fights, the animation never let up once and Yoshida actually became likable.

ZnT s3 - complete **** since season 2 and season 3 didn't improve on it either, but at least it had a good end where harem turned into a single girl for once, JC staff creating two good endings(even if one of the shows was complete trash) is some sort of miracle. The show only worth watching for season1 then just ignoring the rest

Senki Zesshou Symphogear - censored ending, lots of black blood... the show was pretty poor overall from the quality of the art/animation to the story but it had enough hooks of being Nanoha with singing for battle power, having a swan song concept was brilliant, MC raging out alot and the kung fu man.

Would have been nice Chris die for using her swan song and eating a laser blast strong enough to blow up the moon, but at least the show ended before abusing swan songs ment death was now just a hospital visit and took away the impact it gives.

Natsume s4 - another fine run, not as many emotional episodes this time as it was mainly dealing with strengthening his bonds with new friends he'd made inthe previous 3 season. But we still get a couple of them towards the end when it starts filling in more of Natsumes past and oh lordy that final episode . Also watched Hotarubi no Morie, great little one off.

Ano Natsu de Matteru - just what the heck went on with those last couple of episodes... its like the show jumped time periods in setting from 70/80's to today, just terrible direction that is. Nothing gets resolved for the secondary characters which was a big trait of the previous onegai shows and even if it was a different studio making it(without the onegai license) it all smacks of leaving it out to give content towards a second season based on the epilogue, which i would like to see only for getting more of the superior secondary line up as the MC/ichika is a as blander pairing as it gets. Starts of well, but about 8ep onwards i started skipping all the MC/Ichika only scenes as watching them all lovely dovey is dull, Onegai fans only.

Nisemonogatari - top show, no real plot outside of giving Shinobu a personality and filling in araragi's sisters which felt more like side attractions for creating new fetishes and some quite disturbing peverted play from araragi, which certainly got alot of shocking laughes from me. Worth watching even without seeing Bakemonogatari first.

Rinne no Lagrange - Yuri undertonned mecha combat started well enough but by the end i just felt there was never any danger to them and the impact of them killing hundreds other pilots was just was not shown at all seemed at massive odds to how the characters act outside the robots, at least the sci-fi setting is well made and the set up for the 2nd season in summer will get me watching it.

High School DxD - not a great show but more of a well animated Mc/Harem version of queens blade, no really tactics involved inthe fighting and felt alot like getting smacked around till the MC was ready to evolve his scryed like armoured hand.

Another - oh boy, that ending. Turned in a masscare at the end, but the setup throughout the show of "anyone could die" made the last episode pretty tense when things got bad. Still enjoyed dispite the

****ing stupid plot device of Mei's death seeing eye which after them learning about the previous school trip would have saved of alot of people for dying so she really should have atonned for that fcuk-up by dying.. and i can only assume the bloke that killed MC's aunt was his dad which should have chased up in some sort of epilgoue.

Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai - enjoyable slice of life, luckily all the creepy crap that usually goes with a show like this was sidelined to a rarely seen comedy character. Could have done with more of the girls getting along with friends at school but it was short show anyway so i can see the need to mainly keep the focus on the MC and them. Still it seemed the issues of them being poor and overworked never got addressed besides "i won't give up" attitude and why didn't the parents house or savings not get past to the kids, maybe there some sort of stupid law preventing that but it seemed like a massive oversight onthe stories front not to explain it

Nichibros - well i hope the website teasers turn out turn for them looking to start making something related to this at the end of april(please be season2!). Good last episode, lots of ringo/Yassan and the MC turning up for once

with that "ending" had me going wtf till i cottoned on towards the end

, i do find it funny that people are suggesting everying been a dream since MC pretty much disappeared in ep4 onwards when he dozed off and that Ringo and co don't exist at all!

Amagami Ss+ - big let down in the end, best of just thinking the show ends for everyone but fatty in season 1 who for once gets a good end and fits with what happened in season2, my main problem is for some reason they changed the endings to 3 of the 6 girls so that his "shag end" turned into a "cuddle end" or didn't happen at all.

Black Rock Shooter - pretty much a commercial for the figures, the story sucked balls but the fighting was good and alot of the real world part made for some fantastic reaction faces for message boards.

Still waiting on Last Exile s2 last episode but its been getting worse by the episode for a while now, them leaving out key information of the worlds background and what happened previous characters really let the show done and FamFam is tard of an MC. Moretsu Pirates carries on into spring i think, the story arc that just finished took way to long with barely a lick of character development for the Captain, especially considering all we have had is 6eps of introducing the characters and universe, then another 6eps for the 1st major job. Aquarion EVOL appears to get stupider by the episode, if the main Badguy has that kind of power then why can't just kill every pilot till he finds these "wings".

Comment

Just sat through the first 12 eps of Kimi Ni Todoke/From Me to You on bluray.

Going to resist the temptation to download the newer episodes and wait for the next bluray premium box due later this month.

Bought this US premium box for the first 12 eps(amazing package and bluray image), which is as lovely as the anime itself:

http://www.up1.co.uk/Details/O0798

Last edited by PaTaito; 03-04-2012, 19:31.

Comment

Took 2/3 years half of season1 to come out , great show when it was airing and was annoying season 2 only had 12/13eps from what i remember.. there can never enough misunderstanding,sparkles and bubbles.

Started watching some of new shows.

Zetman - about as genric as fighting show plot get but at least it does give out that 80's/early 90's anime vibe of the likes of Guyver, Grawl and project arms so im differently sticking with it as stuff like this doesn't get made often.

Saint Seiya Omega - only the other end and pure shounen, and looking sadly to take a leaf out of Gundam Age's book of kiddy looking characters to appeal to the kids, still keeps the violence SS has always had at least and strangley no Hades this time.. seems like side story similar to that poseidon arc set after Seiya become a gold saint(the original by the looks of it, but i thought he got himself a god cloth, bah who knows im not massive fan of SS), featuring some new kid.

Accel World - i like the idea of vitural fighting and leveling up but the MC is about as Beta(to borrow the word) as it gets, and the cliches spring out right the gate, we have childhood friend thats in love with weiner MC but he's to beta to see it, best mate thats a superior in everyway making him belittle himself and super idol interested in his potential. Hopefully the MC will improve similar to Shu's progress in Guilty crown last season.

Space Brothers - slow start, but looks like a good slice of life show, Older brother loses job decides to follow younger brother into Space and the zidane headbutt made me laugh.

Comment

Finally finished off Nichibros, just amazing. I really hope it gets a second series.

Also, started yet another little manga series which I stumbled across on /a/; Bonnouji. Only 16 chapters thus far but it's a nice little series with good pacing and great lack of stupidity.

Comment

So what new shows that have just come out that i should check out? Already watching & enjoying Space Brothers.

Comment

Currently watching Accel World, Mysterious Girlfriend X, Sankarea and Haiyore! Nyarlko-san.

Not so sure about Accel World or Sankarea but I really enjoyed MGX. Haiyore is probably going to be an alright lighthearted show. Nothing new though.

Comment

i'd second Mysterious Girlfriend X, Sankarea and Haiyore! Nyarlko-san, the last one is pretty good with cthulhu legends givin a moe over but with plenty of violence and fan service. Sankarea could be good, guy into zombies trying to make a zombie. and MGX is nuts.

Avoid accel world if you hate loser MC's, he about the worst MC i've come across and ruins alot of the show for me.

Other new shows i've watched.

Ghost Maiden Amnesia has a very bakamongatari feel to it, worth giving it a go.

Lupin 3rd is, well more Lupin with tits out everywhere and high animation budget to go with it.

Upotte is just confusing, i can't tell if the girls are able to manifest there namesakes or they are the weapon.. if you like strike witches and change witches into the personification of guns into high school girls in a slice of life high school comedy show, this could be for you.

Natsuiro Kiseki - i though it was some idol show but it seems like these 4 girls MC's will get some sort of wish stuff to happen,, i don't know, the 1st episode was all over the place.

Zombie-desu s2 - more of the same, really enjoy ep1.

Medaka Box - pretty much the manga straight up, MC perfect god girl is still damned unlikable, but that is the point.

Fate/Zero s2 - more of them same.

Rock Lee Gaiden (orwhatever its called) - Rock Lee get a SD comedy skit show.. very much for kids.

I think i leaves just Jormungand, Eureka 7 sequel, Hyouka and Sakamichi no Apollon left as the big shows i want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                          Lupin 3rd is, well more Lupin with tits out everywhere and high animation budget to go with it.
                          Is that the new Lupin thing? I read about it on Kotaku, I really liked Castle of Cagliostro and was going to make this my first Anime TV series... Is it not worth it then?

Comment

I only watched Haiyore! Nyarlko-san today, the main female is pretty likable to my standards though.
                            Last edited by speedlolita; 11-04-2012, 20:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Pikate View Post
                              Is that the new Lupin thing? I read about it on Kotaku, I really liked Castle of Cagliostro and was going to make this my first Anime TV series... Is it not worth it then?
                              If you like Lupin you will like this, i enjoyed it enough as none fan as i was mainly interested inthe art style and animation, also alot of fan service for fujiko though can't remember the films putting out so much (never watched the tv show). No harm in downloading 600mb show for ep1, i went with [sage] subs 720p 10bit effort.

Comment

watched 3 of the 4 major shows left.

Jormungand - easily described as Black Lagoon meets arms dealing with the kid from Nior. While the kid is playing the emotionless killer role there enough to the other mercs to make it entertaining. definitely a keeper.

Eureka7 AO - really well animated as expected of show, not sure on the setting though as i couldn't remember the if the old earth countries existing inthe TV show and barely mentioned in the alternate Film timeline... but it is a sequel to one of them which it turns out to be will be half the fun. And what a way to start the show to, nice build up to the end and an MC thats not a pussy(or i at least i hope not cos it he showed some backbone)

Sakamichi no Apollon - wow, just wow. Fantastic art and animation for this High School Slice of life, although the brilliant opening might elude to them being grown ups later on. For now it centres on a trio of likable characters and a passion for jazz. a must watch.
                                Last edited by Tobal; 14-04-2012, 22:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X