New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as always thanks for impressions.
    i always wait and see what other people have watched now instead of just downloading everything.

space brothers and sakamichi no apollon are both great, i'll definitely stick with both of those.
    i did also watch the rock lee thing, which was ****. i didnt realise at the time it was a new series, i thought it was just a one off naruto filler.

not sure if i should watch the new eureka 7 or not, as i only saw about half the original series. perhaps i should skip it. i've only just got round to watching the nodame finale, plus i also have kimi ni todoke 2 sat here still. along with longer stuff like naruto hunterxhunter and gundam its probably enough.

Comment

Tobal summaries are the best summaries. Captures the essence of the series he watches perfectly.
      Must say though, from what was starting out as an underwhelming looking season, has turned into something to be quietly optimistic about with some of these first episodes.

Why'd you only watch half of E7 Fuddle? Was it not for you or did you just get distracted by something else at the time?

Comment

if i remember correctly it was around the time mkv become popular. and the computer i had back then just couldnt handle them, so i gave up downloading it. there was some american football thing i really liked too but also gave up on might have been around the same time.

even now i try to get smaller avi files if i can. i dont think i'll ever get round to rewatching all the things i've saved over the years. and have just recently started deleting some shows after i've watched them

Comment

Have to agree this seasons turned out alot better than i ever thought it could be, the original E7 worth finishing off it gets pretty grimdark and comes to a very strong finish, and the alternate film have the cast doing different roles entirely. Also the music is fantastic, only recently have i heard such a well rounded music score to match which came from last seasons Rinne no Lagrange and show itselfs that similar to e7 but the stories abit pants for part1, but the music is fantastic the ost has this mix of azumanga daioh style recorder electro pop, followed by a second half of great electro orchestra pop stuff that wouldn't be out of place in a video game.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Back to this season.

mysterious girlfriend x ep2 - oh wow, the ending to that episode had me laughing hard.

Tsuritama - winner of the weirdest show, fishing to save the world featuring what i think is 2 aliens one that can talk to fish and the other a duck... while the MC making angry faces when stressed... good and animation to.

Comment

This needs to hurry up and come out asap for us english only speaking audiences!

Comment

One for Tobal:

Comment

heh, Takumi is Ringo! I hope not anyway.

Couple of PC problems lead to some breaking of 2 PC's, and formatting the wrong harddrive which contained all this season new shows when fixing(at least 1 of them) up, hadn't watched half of the ep2's yet, let alone ep3's.

Eureka7 AO ep2, great stuff, can see more budget as gone into the explosions than most single episodes for other anime this season, also love the work they've put into the cockpit, all the sounds effects and vibrating giving it life, not seen anything like that since Macross Zero. Still can see how this show can be sequel, the setting is just to different and after rewatching the end of the show and the film i just can't contect the dots. So i would say it pretty safe to watch E7AO without seeing either of other two entries.
                Last edited by Tobal; 24-04-2012, 00:02.

Comment

Oof, sorry to hear about the troubles Tobal. I shudder to think of what it would be like if either of my two main drives died. Although it would free up my backlog immensely....

I have relatively maintained my current season watching! Jormungand, Space Brothers and Lupin remain my definite favourites.
                  Also just tried out Hyouka as well which I wasn't really going to rate since I've lost a lot of faith in kyoani due to K-on.
                  That said, I was moderately surprised that it's fairly watchable. There's a fair bit of exposition on fairly trivial stuff but I guess it's to be expected from a LN adaptation. If nothing else, it sure does look pretty, K-on faces aside.

Comment

Just watched the first few episodes of Yawara! after buying the US box set on DVD.

What a charming little show, very silly, very lovable, very funny.

Its old, but damn they used to make pretty animation in the 80's/90's...none of these weird designs etc.

Comment

About 4/6eps into most of the shows now.

Hyouka - usual high budget stuff from kyoani, definitely more substance than last couple of years have given us as far as plot goes which makes a nice change of pace, after the first episode i was expecting another high school slice of life like K-on but ep2 changed that up untroducing a dangling carrot for the mystery to be solved, and the characters arc-types of previous works, MC it pretty much Kyon, best buddy is a copy of Kanon's blond idiot, main girl is a less annoying Haruhi and secondary girl is k-on's ritsu... still i enjoyed the interactions especially between MC and Chii, i like the way she's alway getting uncomfortably closer with each sentance that comes out of her mouth.

New series i'll definitly keep watching (zombie-desu/fate-zero s2 be certs for me)-
                      E7 AO - great stuff
                      Space Brothers - introducing phoenix wright knock off and the women cermented this show for me about a big brother trying to follow and surpase his younger bro astronaut
                      Sankarea - nice little zombie show, definitly a grimdark tone to it with pedo father/drunk mother.
                      Jormungand - definitely black lagoon, even had it verison of the twins arc... i do like that this mercs are pretty much no nonsense.
                      Sakamichi no Apollon - tied with MGX for my fav show of the season. I like all the characters, like the interactions and glasses boy actually having some balls to chase the girl it likes, jazz is good to. Could do with less love merry-go-arounds after introducing cool older "brother" and art girl.
                      Tsuritama - great little show, the alien is pretty annoying but at least the rest of the cast make up for it, having a 2xsocial outcasts, MiB and an alien fishing to save the earth is great
                      Nazo no Kanojo X - i have to force myself to not go read the manga as i want to know what happens next but it would spoil the anime for me.. top show
                      Upotte - surprise inclusion, kept getting better and better after the first episode, thought it would be fan service/fluff show but they've got me to care about the characters (fk you m16) to where i actually felt sad for L85, although that could have been what little patriotism i have left for england and when they started having them blow each others brains out and torturing it can be pretty gripping.

Average stuff -
                      Medaka - i think the manga spoiled it for me to get max enjoyment out of it, everythings just spot on with no changes.. i'll at least stick around for the student "police" to turn up.
                      Accel world - improved 100% after ep4 and 5, still not enough for me to like the MC fatass but at least he grew some balls when his girls in danger.. and i like that they actually sorted out his relationship with MC girl within 4eps, just hope to god theres no backpeddling after whats just happened.
                      Haiyore Nyarlko - after promising start floundered around for me with the drop in animation and the constant put downs of Nyarlko advances just gets tiresome, not enough to drop it yet but i hope they mix it up.
                      Saint Seiya - not got going yet and i expect this training stuff to go on forever, but it Saint Seiya so i'll stick with it.
                      Natsurio Kiseki - only watched to ep2 but it was about mad enough to make me get ep3/4 to watch.. seems like japans version of the psammead(but its a rock) with the wishes always backfiring.
                      zetman - close to dropping, its just a bit to 90's afterall ... and such large amount of time skipping to.

dropped -
                      shining hearts bread - dullllllllllllllllll, i was hoping YTJ but with fantasy all i got was dulllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
                      acchi kocchi - couldn't be bothered, much better school slice/comedy show around this season.
                      sengoku collection - meh! done better by other shows before it.
                      Lupin - it good but just don't care for it, i think the lack of lupin after the first episode killed for me, tell me if it gets better.
                      ginge kickoff - ****ty football anime they lost me with the triplets wanting to play some japanese women club team, when will i ever get something as good as whistle! again.
                      Last edited by Tobal; 08-05-2012, 00:45.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                        About 4/6eps into most of the shows now.

Hyouka - ...main girl is a less annoying Haruhi and secondary girl is k-on's ritsu...
                        Funny you should mention that since Chitanda's VA is actually the one who did Ritsu in K-on.

Lupin - it good but just don't care for it, i think the lack of lupin after the first episode killed for me, tell me if it gets better.
                        Thus far, the first two episodes are probably the best ones they've done. Episode 3 and 4 are focussed on Goemon and Zenigata respectively and gathered a fair bit of criticism in comparison. Episode 5 was a bit more of a return to form with it being about how Lupin and Kigen first meet (with Fujiko being involved naturally).
                        The thought process is that the second half of the series will focus perhaps more on Mine Fujiko's background and character in general.

Did you not try out Tasogare Otome X Amnesia Tobal?

Comment

i got ep2-5d/l'd to watch, just ended up on the back burner when i lost all the new shows i downloaded, it probably end up like chihya when i just store up 4/5eps, then remember to watch them.

Comment

Just watched FullMetal alchemist: Sacred star of milos and it was pretty good

this is the second movie based on the fullmetal alchemist series but the first based on the Brotherhood timeline/anime and i hope they make more

FMA is probably my most favourite Anime (champloo and FMP being close) and in my opinion they just cant do anything wrong with it

Comment

bah! only just found out the uk BD for disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya was cancelled months ago , god dammnit mangauk, why do ****ty BD's for mardock scramble when you have access to this, FMA and K-on... buying the aussies release now.

Hyouka ep5 - almost felt like i was watching the last episode with the OP/ED missing, good job the preview popped up at the end as the show has turnef out much better than expected.

AQ EVOL ep21 - atama such a dick,

forgets about Zess as soon as she dies saving him, to go chase that hoe

. At least they explain some of the background bringing in the first aquarion show i didn't know existed.

also just going to start assuming most of the cast starts dying now.

Anyone know the meaning behind "Zessica wins the Aqua Lion" i'm seeing the meme everywhere but have certainly missed out on what it references.

Comment

I'm really enjoying Hyouka, and I'm not entirely sure why.

Comment

Working...
                                X