New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zapp$ter View Post
    Haven't seen it myself. I don't really watch that many anime movies to begin with, but even so I'm much more interested in the new Hosoda movie.

On to the current stuff, things are much the same as before. I've actually picked Tari Tari back up which has been a lot more interesting for me since that first episode. Fallen a bit behind on Natsuyuki Rendezvous so need to catch up on that.

Kokoro Connect continues to be one of my favourites, it's just such a compelling watch. The gimmicks of each arc do enough to keep things fresh but at the heart of it, it's the characters that keep me coming back.

Sword Art Online - it's been really enjoyable all the way through but it's becoming apparent to me that if I think too hard about certain aspects of it, the show starts to fall apart. As it is I'm content to just let things play out without questioning them too much and enjoy the ride. Also it would be nice sometimes if Kirito could be caught on the back foot. The guy seems to have a contingency for almost every situation.

The rest - as per the last post really. Still need to catch up on Muv-luv, Campione, Joshiraku and Jinrui.
    Zappster, watch the newest episode of Sword Art Online. That will satisfy your need.

Can't decide whether I enjoy it fully or not yet. Lots of explanations being given, you can tell it's adapted from some form of novel/s.

Comment

I've taken that approach to SAO to, lessing thinking. And even though Kirito has thick plot armour being the MC ep9/10 have him in "pinch". And Kokoro Connect still good for me, ep10 was brilliant... gooo Inbian!!

i've kinder given up on jinrui as i don't think the "haruhi" way of telling episodes out of order works for it as alot of time you already know whats going to happen in the end it bores.. doesn't help that the MC is the only good character in the show.

HxH remake gotten to the 1st spider fight, hell yeah.

one show that does continue to surprise me how much i like all its characters is Binbougami ga! They just get Tittyko character just right in edging her closer to making real friends and losing a bit of that arrogant pride.

Comment

I see what you guys mean re: SAO ep 10. That's exactly the kind of thing I'm after. Mixing things up a bit.

Kokoro connect 10 - don't think Inaba has ever been that emotional to date. Still that was awesome and the final few minutes

with her confession

were very nicely handled.

Comment

Last episode of Hyouka and the last time I impatiently stay up late on a Sunday before work to watch it. Great little finish for a fantastic series. It may have had it's faults with pacing and some bizarrely done character arcs and many people have moaned about the mysteries being too humdrum but I adored this show. The music, the art, the story, the characters, everything.

Just a shame I can't seeing it getting a season 2.

On a side note, that's the first time in a long, long while I've finished a series on time after watching it week by week.

Comment

Guess I'll finally pick it back up and finish it then!

Comment

That's good to hear. I've been waiting for it to finish before starting on it, as I pretty much started up watching anime again halfway through. Figured I might as well marathon it when it's finished.

Comment

Hyouka last episode was fantastic,

that bit at the end had me completely fooled for a moment... i honestly thought he'd said that , also nice of them call back to him not understanding Satoshi motivations over changing his currently easy life style for the unkown

. Really needs a another season of Chitanda/Oreki combo, which is the

only excuse they have for not finish of him confessing if they've not following it up

Yuri Yuru ep11- another last episode, had some laughs but it pretty much peaked at the Akani episodes few eps back. S3 when ?

Moyashimon Returns - ending was alright, not much changed witht he inter relationships of the students and felt like a side story to sort out Haruka's past.. really needed Sawaki to be less of a wet fish and sort something out with Oikawa.

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - saved ep 10/11 together to watch, really good ending.

had me toing and froing between hating/liking the Husband, but won me over when he choose to return the body and have one last good bye

Comment

i was grabbing natsuyuki rendezvous, but only just got round to watching it all in the past couple of days. i didnt expect it to get so weird

and i was really starting to expect a bad ending where the husband stole the body permanently

it was a really good series though, although i'm firmly in the husband was a twat camp.

moyashimon was great too, although i agree it would have been nice to get a bit more progress, although i cant think exactly how. it was fun, but really it ended up exactly as it started. still love to see more of it though.

tari tari i thought was quite a weak ending. the song and play had a lot to live up to in that final episode, but i didnt really think it was that good. certainly not up there with other musical treats like beck, k-on or sakimichi no apollon.

Gundam Age turned out ok i guess. nothing amazing. i think it peaked in the first part

when flits girl got killed and he went a bit mental.

i thought it might really take off then, but it stayed pretty average. a few surprise deaths, but there wasnt really much attachment to most of them

hunter x hunter continues to be great.

watched a couple of trailers for new stuff, and while i'm not sure what most are about i've jotted down K, Btooom!, Busou Shinki and Robotics;Notes to try out.

Comment

Whaaaat!! Moyashimon has another season? Must go looking.

Comment

One warning for Moyashimon is the art style changed, it jars at first but you get use to it.

Tari Tari ending just petered out, one song(not great, i skipped it ) and

then they parted ways... certainly more realistic, which is about all you can say, like Badminton's confession even if it was silent, to bad Sawa's and her boobs have moved countries.

Gave up on Gundam Age at the start of Age2, just to much ****ty writing, an art style i didn't like and by the sounds of reading spoilers for it every now and then i made the right choice.. seemed the 3rd pilot/Mc was a right Jesus'Yamato and from those that played the videogame it cut a load of side stuff that filled in alot of character movatations from what i can see of the flame wars , but then trying to fit a 100 years of story into 50 episodes it was always going end badly, even if Oldman Flit sounded ace

(apart from ditching of his actual wife for his dead childhood love..).

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle View Post
                        watched a couple of trailers for new stuff, and while i'm not sure what most are about i've jotted down K, Btooom!, Busou Shinki and Robotics;Notes to try out.
                        Good that you've seen the trailer for K. Looks good, hopefully it feels like nothing that has come before too much. Check the promo vid out below:

Comment

I'll do what i usually do and get everything to start with

Code Geass - Akito the Exiled - seems to be following the Gundam Unicorn release flow, we'll get an 1hr episode every half year. What we get is european war with EU vs Britianna, using the elevens as merc cannon fodder.. was abit to much "pity the japs" for my liking taking the forfront without Lelouch's sod everyone but me approach which kept that stuff in check in the main show. Anyway its really well animated and Akito seems likable enough for nutcase.

Shows that have finished.

Dog Days S2 - absolutely nothing happened plotwise, we just got a few more introductions and some relationship building, which sadly seems to heavily pointing towards Becky and Pink dog. Lets hope they produce some serious plot in season 3.

Chocolate - Worse girl won,

i really don't understand why he likes so much to put up with that crazy crap for years on end, and they her nutcase breakdown inthe last few episodes, when he has Drunk Teacher and her younger sister begging for it, gaaahhh.

not worth watching.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - best MC of the season, perhaps the year.. knows what he wants and gets its all while kicking ass with a smug grin. Looking forward to a 2nd season if it ever get ones. 7/10

Dakara Boku H ga Dekinai - went from bleach with ecchi to outright dullness once they left the human world..

Campione - Another decent lead, decent enough for man vs gods fighting show but it always came down to the way plot progression every episode, meet a god, fight a god and lose, get new companion, snog companion, gold sword time, dead god.

Binbougami ga - held up really while across the 12 eps, comedy was decent, characters likable and we got some development on the MC from a total C^nt downgraded to b1tch, i'll call that progress .

Accel World - i say this every post about AW, but it really turned out well after piss poor start and the worse MC in along time, who just about manned in time to stop me dropping the show early on. Still could have done with out the last arc lasting so long as the main villian was insufferable git that needed a proper smackdown alot soon that it took, but boy was it satisfying to see him go down like little b1tch.

Muv Luv TC - shame how it ended, but it is MuvLuv so it expected.. If this does go on to have a 2nd season, i would hope to see the russian dolls killed in a gruesome way, and more of MC being a Badass instead of whining for half the show.

Kokoro Connect - And with the last personal problems solved the show ends... for now, no preview, but listing around the net have it down for 15+ episodes so i guess that'll sort the love triangle out

and with what Nagase said at the end of the 13ep it points to a Inaba win

Comment

New shows ahoy!

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun - Starting with this seasons main josei show, pretty much sitting in the Kimi ni Todoke/Lovely Complex genre. Emotionless girl has chance encounter will local misfit who has common sense issues with social etiquette. Made me lol a good few times which is a good sign , art is typical josei so expect it look/animate like Kimi ni Todoke. Definite keeper.
                            Last edited by Tobal; 07-10-2012, 17:10.

Comment

Thanks to finding out that more than one subbing group was translating onepiece i now have upto episode 564, however there a snag im missing a block of episodes & i cant find them anywhere. Kaizoku fansubs are only upto episode 302 & the next available episode i found to download started at 382.

Does anyone know where i can find episodes 303 to 381? Thats quite a chunk of stuff im missing out on i haven't seen the thousand sunny been made or how they meet Brook, i have searched for torrents but no luck so far Or if anyone has them archived on their pc i'd gladly pay for them to be burnt to a disk.
                              Last edited by importaku; 04-10-2012, 20:15.

Comment

Sent you a PM, importaku. In case you don't see it, the basic jist is IRC is a valuable resource in these situations. If you join the rizon network and get in touch with me, I can talk you through the rest of it. My nick on rizon is Zappster.

Comment

Working...
                                X