No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah there's something about Hyouka. Chitanda annoys me, the rest of the cast aren't particularly anything new and the mysteries are hardly the most nail biting of things but.....it's something really watchable. I wonder if it's down to the sheer ammount of effort they put in the visuals which are pretty damn impressive for a weekly series.

Comment

Been a while since the last post... again. I seem to be making a habit of it. Been stalled on yet more shows! yay!

Only thing I've watched is the Naruto SD cartoon with Rock Lee as the main character. It's extremely childish and silly but I got more than a few laughs out of that first episode. Rock Lee mimicking Naruto's jutsus was a particular highlight. Kind of saddens me as well, because I remember what it was like when I used to enjoy the main show/manga. *sigh* At least there's still One Piece.

Comment

i couldn't get into that rock lee sideshow at all, as far as anime goes i've stopped watching naruto many moons ago, Bleach i watched that last 2 episodes off after stopping somwhere soon after his fight with Emo batman(name escapes me) and "Kurosaki,kurosaki,kurosaki,kurosaki,kurosaki,kuro saki,kurosaki" when it was filler arc, 4 eps of main, filler arc repeat.

Fairy Tail has hit bleach problem has, just stopped downloading any filler stuff, One Piece has some how managed to stretch out the boring fishman arc long enough to perhaps avoid or get a short filler arc after it over, which the fishman history with the Queen, Fisher Tiger and what Poseidon really is was interestinng, hody was not and Luffy is just to strong right now. Best show atm is HunterXHunter remake, even with the gore turned down its still good and even expands on stuff the manga glossed over.

As for the manga's spoilers for the current chapters Naruto been terrible since he formed up

Kyuubi making all his fights boring(could say thats been the cases since he master sage mode), and the manga been taking forever dealing sasuke/itachi and that **** plot hax skills just end it already so we can have a final of naruto vs sasuke or Naruto/Sasuke vs Tobi

Bleach seriously suffering from sameface villians and kubo 100 odd good guys cluster****ing his story, no-one will be happy as only 4 or 5 characters at most will get a focus in this final arc and i see kubo causing a ****storm trying to kill off as many goodguys as possible until SS king hax saves the day bring them all back from the dead, he should have be sacrificing characters when he had the chance during the Azien fight...

One Piece, story really hasen't gone anywhere since the timeskip, only his brief brush with

Big Mamma

showed some actual danger to the crew, and even with
        around in the current arc they don't look like underdogs which is when there at there best.

Air Gear finished about as nuts as Oh!Great usually gets,

causing a gravity shift for brief period all over the earth was just lot "uuuhhhh"

Breaker New Waves and Fairy Tail are my fav right now to read, and i know one piece will come to strength soon enough.

Comment

I know that feeling Zapp. You start off with good intentions and then you get distracted by more and things before you forget entirely where you were. Just think of it as saving it up for the ultimate of rainy days! Although depending on how many series you have on backlog, it may need to be more of a 3 month long monsoon.

It doesn't really help that this season is a reasonably good one either. There's at least 4-5 really competent shows which makes a nice change. If nothing else, I can highly recommend Space Brothers for a 25 minute "good feel" of the week.

Edit: Speaking of New Waves Tobal, I'm really not enjoying it at all. The premise to start with was really interesting but it's taking longer and longer and longer for

Shi-oon to actually do something! I appreciate, it's meant to be something you're not meant to recover from but all we've really seen so far is more and more whining from him with no payoff. Where's all the fighting at?!

[/rant]
          Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 31-05-2012, 22:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
            i couldn't get into that rock lee sideshow at all
            I can see why I suppose. But any show that features rock lee doing this:

and the subsequent reactions from the likes of Naruto and Neji, is worthwhile to me. He was one of my favourite characters from the series and like some of the other side characters introduced during the exam arc criminally underused in the series. So a whole series focusing on his exploits is my kind of thing. Plus the tone of the show is not too serious and angsty, there are some jokes poking fun at the whole setting and worldbuilding. I've also heard there's some breaking-the-fourth-wall stuff. I've only seen the first episode, but it fits the kind of thing I can watch right now. I don't really have to pay attention to what little plot there is. Quite easy to dip in every now and then I imagine.

One Piece - I've not actually caught up to the manga or anime yet. I'm just at the end of the Amazon Lily arc in the anime so I've got all the cool stuff to come in Impel Down etc.. But for me, even the weaker arcs of One Piece are better than the majority of the other big shounen shows (and I'm talking manga arcs here, the filler stuff is just as variable as in other shows). I love the way even things you think are throwaway jokes (e.g Sanji's wanted poster) can come back in interesting ways, and how a lot of the stuff is interlinked. I know I've got some amazing stuff coming up.

Hunter X Hunter - I loved the original series, but sort of lost interest some way through the OVA series. If my memory serves the show was at its peak for me with Kurapica and the Spiders. I'll probably read the manga one day (if it ever gets finished), but at this stage it's hard for me to countenance sitting through a remake of a show I've already seen. I can't imagine any changes would really add that much more to it. I'm still grabbing it mind you, but it's just way down the list of priorities.

Fairy Tail - liked what I read of the manga, haven't really been back to it for a while, but yeah, it was decent.

May have to check out New Waves.

Originally posted by Mr.Jeff View Post
            I know that feeling Zapp. You start off with good intentions and then you get distracted by more and things before you forget entirely where you were. Just think of it as saving it up for the ultimate of rainy days! Although depending on how many series you have on backlog, it may need to be more of a 3 month long monsoon.

It doesn't really help that this season is a reasonably good one either. There's at least 4-5 really competent shows which makes a nice change. If nothing else, I can highly recommend Space Brothers for a 25 minute "good feel" of the week.
            For me it'd be more like raining so much the Earth is flooded Noah's ark-style. I spend almost more time deciding what to watch/read/play than actually doing those activities.

I think I'll at least try to follow the new Eureka series and I guess I should finish off the most recent shows I left hanging (Kamisama dolls, Yuru Yuri, Usagi Drops, Hanasaku Iroha. Yeah, that's how long it's been. And there's stuff going back even further...). Space Brothers and Sakamichi no Apollon also on the list.

Comment

BreakerNW: I still like it as when he's had to fight he's be at he's limit everytime just about getting through with a combination of learnt techniques and sparse use of the limited pill, where before he just powered through stuff(while still getting smashed up).

The whining only really started happening since he found about SUC involvement in his comatosed mum which has only been less than 10 chapters or so. Was really hoping he'd go mad with rage after hearing about how his mum got hurt when cool guy muttered something about causing it(or medic guy doing it), but he is powerless in those straps and having his blood drained so it was to much to ask.. i wouldn't mind he continued to learn techniques and get stronger without his explosive KI as the ultimate underdog, but i think they'll get out of this when something gets him so mad he blows open his KI pores (that or they get another super pill which started this all off)

I would reccomend anyone who's a fan of a underdog just not giving up and scraping victory by hair's breadth, about 60/80 chapters, and new waves following on the devastation at the end of the Breaker.

Hunter X Hunter manga has finished in it current version, with the feeling that anything else to follow will be Dragon Ball going on to Dragon Ball Z kind of event with the reveal at the end, even after the ant arc ended he just kept up with the surprises. Only thing the remake as over the anime is its much quicker at getting through the chapters, ep31 i think atm and it catching up to New York Shin arc in i about 5eps or less, still if you watched the original there no point rewatching until they get to greed island/ant arc.
              Last edited by Tobal; 31-05-2012, 23:25.

Comment

Berserk remake ep1 - just over an hour long, and pretty much in full CG(like new appleseed/Freedom) which i wasn't a massive fan of as its makes it all look to clean.. but after 20 mins or so i let it go so i could enjoy it, covers Guts meeting the Band of Hawk up to Grif's "friends on equal footing/Dreams" conversation, which means for the hour its on, quite but it of the side stuff and early Casca development is cut but what does make it in makes sure a single minute isn't wasted..

from memory, Guts/grif flashbacks cut or shorted to 10seconds..., Guts before the Golden age arc and some of the pre zodd battles get cut. If your a fan of Berserk its still worth watching as you would know the background thats missing.
                Last edited by Tobal; 04-06-2012, 13:28.

Comment

Is Angel Beats any good? Noticed its out the end of this month on blu-ray. Is it worth picking up?

Someone posted about Berserk and i missed it? I'm so getting on that!

Comment

Quick brief is "why are they here, is it heaven/hell or inbetween and how do they escape this eternal high school life". General opinion here was Angel Beats is decent show that just ran to short to tell the story they wanted, felt like they had enough for 23/26 ep season but they crammed it in to 13eps meaning the ending arc really rushes things to a head with alot of the secondary characters just disppearing without even a good bye just be told they've resolved things, leaving just 4/5 characters getting a proper send off, which when it comes is pretty damn good still(if you get a attached to them).

Comment

There was also a lot of mutterings about what tone the show was trying to accomplish. It switches between faux-serious and humourous at the drop of a hat and personally there's a bit of a plot-hole where

getting killed is somehow a big thing in certain parts even though it actually means nothing since you come back to life 20 minutes later anyway.

On the plus side, there's some nice music.

Edit: Gee, would help if I could use goddamn spoiler tags properly.
                      Last edited by Mr.Jeff; 15-06-2012, 20:44.

Comment

Moving into the summer season soon so a load of shows are finishing up.

Fate/Zero - i enjoyed it dispite the servants including Saber takng a back seat to the story, with all the fights being anti-climatic and usually finished off with outside interference, but at least it gave us Kitsu and Kirei in a epic brawl right at the end. Art and animtion stayed strong through out, music was forgetable and i think it does need knowledge of Fate/Stay to get anything out of it. 7/10

Zetman - single season run, massive cuts and leaps in the story made it pretty jarring, Art is a throw back to the likes of Guyver, devilman, Grawl and Project Arms.. not worth watching even for the fights and the ending made it feel like this was set up for future season, as to quickly fill in Zetman origins to get it out the way. 3/10

Aquaion EVOL - ended well enough, and traded heavily on it history with the previous shows to make you care about it abit more. Didn't like the 2 main leads at all, both twats of the highest order and not enough crazy super robot antics for my liking outside the insane name and logo pops up for unions and super moves which had me laughing alot. Could have done

with Atama not being such a dick to Zesscia and not giving a damn about her when she "died for him", just killed the love triangle flatout with 3/4 eps left to go making far,far to obvious that vacuous fart Mikono won, shame.

6/10, could have been higher if had watched the previous shows, and the CGI on the robots was decent.

Haiyore! Nyaruko-san - went down hill pretty quickly in genric haram comedy/parody show this time featuring Cthulhu aliens, only thing it had going for it was the forwardness of Nyaruko but that got tiring after 4/5eps... don't know why i finished it off, even skipped ep10/11 thinking i watched them going into ep12 until a new character turned up i hadn't seen before . 5/10 super average.

Sakamichi no Apollon - best show this season, drama was just believable enough not to break it and its so god damn nice to see blokes being great best buds without coming off like gaylords, something anime barely gets right. Animation and music was great throughout, the characters all likable and it got a pretty good ending which

wasn't sugar coated happy, happy time but it was pretty emotional to see Bon and Sentiro jam it up again after 8 years apart and then meet up with Ritsko , i would have liked to have seen Bon and Ritsko get it together or at least stay in touch but i'll take what i can get.

9/10

Tsuritama - fell of the deep end torward the end of the 12 episodes, would have preferred my alien fishing show to stay abit more sane, just some guys bro'ing it up and fishing which for most of the show it was nutil the family drama and MiB turned up in force. 6/10

Upotte - much better than expected, really short 9eps season which didn't go anywhere besides setup Russian guns vs the World. the working of personifying guns into high school girls is pretty fascinating with all the technical details put into it somehow gels with the moebob drama and occasional seriousness. 7/10

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia - decent show, school kids and ghost trying find out why she's still on earth. Would have lefta much stronger impression had not gone with that ending,

it was going so, so well with the send off which was emotional, to then throw that all away by bringing her back right at the end just sucked all the good will out of me... he could have moved on and not have this ghost he can't possibly have future with hanging around his neck like a noose..

6/10

Medaka Box - didn't expect its first run to be so short, finished on the Medaka going nuts on da Police fight, which was decent place to stop as any.. did laugh at the slight against Shounen shows using filler for air time 7/10

still watching
                        Nazo no Kanojo X (fantastic)
                        Hyouka(great)
                        Accel World (decent, massive turnaround from the piss poor start)
                        Saint Seiya O(decent)
                        Zombie(good, though only a few eps left)
                        Sankera(decent, though that last episode had me )
                        Jormungand (great)
                        AKB0048 (poor, but i can't help but watch it as its total car wreck)
                        Eureka AO (good)
                        Moretsu Pirates (decent, 1 ep left!!)
                        Space Bros (good)

Comment

just watched the last episode of sakamichi no apollon.
                          absolutely awesome show. i didnt realise it was just a 12 parter so i wasnt expecting it to end.
                          was a great ending too, but now i want it to continue and see what happens next.
                          best thing i've seen in ages

still watching space brothers, which i also think is excellent. plus gundam age and moretsu pirates, both of which arent great, a little behind on both, but i'm so far in i might as well stick with them.

plus ongoing stuff naruto which varies massively from ****e to great, and hunter x hunter which i'm really enjoying too.

not too long till the K-on movie comes out on dvd too. looking forward to that loads
                          Last edited by Fuddle; 01-07-2012, 10:02.

Comment

K-on film is on my to get list

Moretsu Pirates and Zombie S2 finished stronge, Sankera faded badly and became a chore to watch, shocked that MGSX was only 12 episode long, would hope it gets a second season down the line. Jormungand got a bit to Black Lagoon for me... breaking some reality it grounded itself in the last epsiode, looking forward to octobers second season.

Eureka 7 AO ep12 - kicked of the next season with a big reveal,

when the Gekko Go emerged fromthe rubbish i had a massive smile on my face, which at the moment leaves massive questions.. we're clearly in a different universe, but is it real or a matrix like world based on some of the things fans have posted about, just need the thEND to show up know which as been hinted at to exist in AO world already.

I think i nearly watched all of new season ep1's bar few not out yet, biggest surpise so far seems to be 3 shows with males leads that aren't pussies around women. Some good shows in amongst this new season to, will post about them soon.

Comment

More glowing praise for Sakamichi no Apollon. So good. The only thing I would have changed in the ending is what Tobal mentioned

have ritsuko and kaoru get together properly. In my cheesy fairytale ending, it would be them getting married (and even moving to the island afterwards) with Sen leading the ceremony. What I did get was fine with me though, because there's enough wiggle room there that I can still imagine my ending happening.

I'm surprised you even watched Aquarion EVOL, Tobal. I remember you didn't like the original series, I think I was one of the only ones that did in here. I remember having a lot of fun watching some of the crazy antics going on, and the music was fantastic (some of those OP/ED songs...). The original had some really fun episodes particularly later in the series. The roleplay episode is something that comes to mind even now, but the details are a bit hazy. Haven't seen this newer show yet, so not sure how it would stand up to the previous one.

Need to start watching some of the new episode 1s soon I think.

Comment

Well EVOL was one of the few decent Mecha show for the last 2 seasons, Rinne no Lagrange was all but had a weird disconnect with the **** Girls doing cute things but killing whole bunch of aliens, and AGE turned out to be real trash. Still i would say it still worth a watch if you into Super Robot shows but Amata become a right one track dick and the Mikono is just a horrible characters that makes the secondary cast look better than they really are, still the revelations on how the 3 shows link up was most interesting thing beside the unions and super attacks.

New show time!!

Natsuyuki Rendezvous - very much this seasons Sakamichi no Apollon, to get 2 mature shows back to back is unheard of for me. Guy falls for a women who runs a flower shop, has problems getting things going at first with there relationship but takes off when he can see the womens dead Husband. Decent amount of drama/love/comedy going on, also the last 5mins really sold me on it (not that the floating ghost didn't already). Keeper

Yuru Yuri S2 - more of the same, which means auto keeper, high school girls just Yuri'ish undertonned(and not so hidden Yuri) things.

Jinrui wa Suitai Shima****a - i'd put this onthe same level as SZS and other socially despressing shows... its a pretty messed up world they all live in and the MC girls running commentary on how messed up all it all is really makes the show, and those little elves look damned evil to me. Keeper.

Tari Tari - K-on without the band and a bit of a plot with the competing Choirs. Decent so far and the characters seem likable so far, will probably watch it all.

Binbougami ga - Really good comedy show about a Bad luck god trying to cause misfortune on the most fortunate girl, while she trys to retain the personality mask she wears around everyone. Hopfully it won't go the way of last seasons Haiyore! Nyaruko-san which wore thin after 4/5 eps.

Joshiraku - stage girls talk, talk, talk, talk in their dressing room with alot of bad puns i don't get as there very japanese but its alright when they move away from the puns, willing to give it 4/5eps to grow. Very well animated for what mostly takes place in 1 room.

Moyashimon Returns - top stuff with the uni kids returning to firmented foods/booze and dicking around university.. just wish they hadn't changed the art style. Auto-keeper.

Rinne no Lagrange S2 - more cute girls in robots who will(no doubt) end up killing alotta people.. hopefully this time they'll take account there actions.

Dog Days S2 - more of the same with 2 extra earth heroes.. the animation for the transformation on the 3rd hero was nuts. Very Enjoyable must like the first season.

Horizon S2 - again more of the same, thing time the School takes on Great Britian, and again the MC had me laughing tears with his methods . Looking forward to Fanfic writer vs Shakespeare.

Campione - boy kills a (stupid)god, becomes a God Killer via using copying other gods specials.. and im gussing has to fight other Campione's being there is 7 of them, also included is the typical Harem and his typical response which i thought would be alright when he got together with the blonde girl at the end of ep1 but.. bah turns back in to a wiener by ep2...

Kokoro Connect - the other biggy, 5 high schooler swapping bodies, comedy ensues or so i thought.. by ep2 with get a bit of plot and some seriousnessm my guess is whatevere the kids are hidding about their personal lives will come out and they'll over come it(with the help of some comedy) - keeper for me, characters are alikable and art is strong.

La storia della Arcana Famiglia - some girl is suppose to be fought over by "family" members to wed her, looks like complete **** inthe animation department and the mostly male cast stink of the homolust, and after 3 eps there is still no sign of this tournament starting up between the card users which i was holding out for to see if the action was at least decent.. but nothing so dropped.

Muv-Luv Alternative - well it was everything i expecting, "real Robots", depressing and gory. Humanity is very doomed if we're attempting to battle murderaliens with little girls in flying robots.. which seems out of place that we cane make flying mecha but not super murder cannons. Still i like it dispite the problems , very much in the gun parade march mold.

Oda Nobuna no Yabou - more Historys leaders/warloads turned into little girls, this time Japans Warring states.. Sengoku Basara this isn't(sadly), what really killed it for me was the MC coming out with his history knowledge which you would think he would want to remain hidden.. dropped

Sword Art Online - the 2nd major talked about show, basically .Hack if it happened to everyone and dying inthe game world meant real world death, it has a good set up and the MC is playing the game almost like Batman but still it just goes so stupid at points by not explaining what going(boss and potions bit especially) on with some of the player actions or who knows who... i had to look into threads about it find out whats going on and lot has been cut from the story.. and i got spoiled into what going to happen and all i can say it will get pants on head stupid like Guilty Grown/Code Geass.. so if you love high buget trainwreaks and .Hack it could but up your street( so im watching it )

Tanken Driland - SD art/animation(well done) about what seems to be Dungeon crawlers you could find any video game, quite enjoyable, defo feels that fantasy adventure whole this season that SAO might have done but thats going in a different direction.

Dakara Boku wa H ga Dekinai - a cross between Bleach before SS arc and an ecchi harem like show but the MC celebrating his pervyness. Quite good so far much like that spot Queens Blade/DxD High School feel, also super well animated

Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate - another high school show drama/comedy, meh art but it has interesting setup.. MC's club will be dissvolved if the next election is won by a popluar girl, cue him being forced by his club to join in the race but the show seens surrounded by dark undertonnes and **** tone of characters which makes it stand out a bit.

Hagure Yuusha no Estetica - unique set up, what happens when the Hero MC returns from completing adventure in another universe to earth with all their killer power-ups.. well there all gathered together in a school to "re-educate" them.. MC's about as cock sure as you can get which makes interesting when you have a no nonsense character.

Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouto ga Iru - terrible ecchi harem incest show.. nothing redeeming about it at all and i've had the twist spoiled as will while makes the show seems even worse.

not bothering with that loli hunting a man show either(gets you or something).

and i think that is almost everything

Comment

Working...
                                X