No announcement yet.

New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started watching SAO now it's done. Just makes me want to play more TERA though. Chuunibyou felt short, but fairly enjoyable overall.

Comment

Been watching Dennou coil, my goodness it's really enjoyable plus i really love the artstyle & shading. Really should make an effort to see what else is out there as my anime knowledge base is limited at best.

Comment

Dennou Coil, now that from what i remember had a well done ending after getting pretty grim dark towards the end. I've been re-watching Aria S1 for the first time in years during the break, such damn good show.

If you missed alot of shows around that era(07/08) there's a lot i could reccomend

Recent goings on.

Kokoro Connect ep14-17(end) - last 4 eps released together, really good

dispite Nagase going abit to bat**** insane, sure i can understand why, but then turn around at the end after causing all that trouble because of the Kindess act to become the kindess act was abit ****. Still all i care about is Inbia winning, and with style

Nekomonogatari Black - the Hanakawa back story, and pretty damn good is to. Well worth the watch and the accounce peek at the end for monogatari besides the Film (wooooo)

Jormungand ep24(end) - Ended with a wet fart, and it was really enjoyable ep1-13 then just started to trail off with the jormungand plot getting the limelight and it just turned to poo.

Aoi Sekai no Chuushin de - terrible, low rent shounen battle show with parodies of videogame characters (MC is Sonic)

New stuff already out, only show i've only watched Maoyuu Maou Yuusha which shows some promise with what looks like a western fantasy Farm version of Spice and Wolf, just hope it sticks to that instead of turning in to some ****ty Harem show like Louise the Zero(after s1)

Comment

Finally watched the final episodes of Dennou coil it ends pretty satisfying, found the concept pretty interesting especially when the main character is trying to define what is reality. Just because you cant feel it does that not make it real?

Tonight i watched Another as a friend recommended it, really enjoyed it even though it was a bit like final destination with the amount of people dieing some were pretty horrible too but i loved it plus the animation in that was fantastic. Kept me guessing who the dead one was right till the end.

Been trying to find other horror anime but it's so hard. Love stuff with lots of japanese culture in it and folklore, not into zombies or vampires but ghosts & curses are good. No idea which anime suit that criteria, loved GeGeGe no kitaro but sadly that has had a pretty poor run for fansubing so thats off limits as i dont know enough japanese to go with raws for that which is a shame as it was one i really liked.

Downloaded one called Kakurenbo it's a shoert film but seems interesting for horror anime.

Comment

If you can withstand obscure and bizarre, have a look into a series called Mononoke. I still couldn't tell exactly what the hell goes on it it but the art-style is beautiful and it features a lot of Japanese folk lore in quite creepy ways.

Comment

Cheers, found that one & downloading it right now it looks bizzare to say the least, almost like a animated painting.

Comment

I'll be interested to know what you think of it!

I remember trying it when it was first released and being utterly incomprehensible and uninteresting. I came back to it last year and while my understanding hasn't exactly increased, I liked it for it's bizarreness. Very much a marmite series I think.

Comment

Not much the in horror genre, most turn out to be just gore-fests.

Shiki - never got into it but it seems to have decent rep
                  Boogiepop Phantom(pretty old)
                  Elfen Lied(bleh)
                  Ghost Hound - pretty recent, had really good spine chilling sound effects.
                  Higurashi / When they Cry series - popular when it was airing, never got into it, the 3rd series as a cult following.
                  Monster
                  Divergence Eve(bleh)

Comment

There's lots of good stuff out there. Things like Naruto and One Piece are nice as a staple of your viewing but definitely try out other shows. Dennou Coil was a great show. Good choice

Mushishi has some horror elements and is a fantastic show to boot. One that I always like to recommend.

Aria as mentioned by Tobal is another great show. Warm, charming and adorable. I can't help but smile when thinking about it. A very relaxing show, which can be a nice change of pace.

I'd also trot out some of the usual recommendations:

Twelve Kingdoms
                    Planetes
                    Baccano
                    Nana
                    Honey and Clover
                    Ouran High School Host Club
                    School Rumble
                    Gurren Lagann
                    Black Lagoon
                    Spice and Wolf
                    Genshiken
                    Legend of Galactic Heroes
                    Gintama
                    The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

There's lots I'm forgetting. I also usually recommend that people use sites like anidb or myanimelist to have a look at series that are in a similar mould to what they're looking for, using search tags etc..

Comment

New Season time , Yay! so far...

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha ep2 - Spice and Wolf feeling it gives off keeps going in ep2 with the economics backbone for its story which is pleasing so i'll definitely keep watching it, decent art and animation to.

Amnesia ep1 - plot as the title suggests, some teenage girl has lost her memory has a demon spirit she can only see to help her out in a mordern world setting which happens to be populated with bishounen at every corner.. im interested in the plot device so i'll come back for ep2/3 at east, has that Durarara look to the characters (not surprising as its done by the same people)

Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman - seems like some Goemon'esk japan theifing going on with a Lupin look, combines feudel japan with Super Sentai... completely stupid on a gundoh musashi levels. Not for me.

Chihayafuru S2 - more card playing championship stuff, and more Chihaya going nuts.

Da Capo 3 - Harem Romance show. Confusing one this, had to look up the timelines... seems the previews of it being a alternate universe DC2(where Sakura won in 1) has changed to being a sequel to DC2, though set 20 years after (and moblie phones now appear, which is about time). I kinder liked it, seems to be going the DC2 route of magic taking the background (as the characters already exist before the Cherry Tree returns) so all the mystery of DC1 which i liked alot about it and explained things like cat girls, mind readers and robots existing is missing again and in it place seem to be cast of well stacked girls. Mainly sticking to see what they do, and Da Capo always has a winner which usually doesn't conform to the norm's

Kotoura-san - High school ESP club.. though that 1st 10/15 mins where pretty tough going with all the grimdark, it real does help set up there second half when the idiot shows up, i quite enjoyed it.

Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shurabasugiru / oreshura - high school harem, this time Cute girl forces beta MC to become her boyfriend to protect her from other boys to live a quiter live but runs trouble with the MC childhood friend. Seems alright, art is at least decent and the fan service lacking in mysterious sun beams. As A1 are doing it i fully expect a none ending and no sequel.

Mondaijitachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo - Seems like a Battle/game show with every sci-fi/fantasy thing going(super powers, demons, gods, vamps, bunny girls etc,etc), the 4 MC's don't seem all the likeable from the 1st episode but at least the animation is pretty good.

Boku Ha Tomodachi Ga Sukunai NEXT - more of the same, social misfists clinging together. Yozora is still a bullying bitch, Sena is more perverted than ever. Sena to win!!

Tamako Market - kyoani's next show was not what i was expecting.. i thought it would be some Slice of Life market stall show but that Bird MC and potential plot made it alot more interesting than it had any right to, contains the usual art/animation standards. Good show.

Senran Kagura - this seasons fan service show, pretty much Sekirei or Ikki Tousen with big titted ninja girls.

Minami-ke Tadaima - technically season 4, but the "real" sequel to the 1st season, more slice of life school comedy.

Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - shaft's next bonkers show, expect the same art direction and bursts of really well animated action. From what i can tell of the plot it seems to feature a NEET girl that can change the world, which is saved by 3 high school girls with super powers while in the background the NEET's brother interacts with everyone as an obvious faceless idiot.

Comment

couple more shows

Vividred Operation - no sure what to make of this, seems like its going to be Nanoha style show with a monster of the week theme, almost like the Eva's defending NERV's little secret. Art is alright and the animation is good, so it seems like a keeper for now.

Senyu - 5 minute show about a hero, who is one of many descendants of the original hero in a fantasy comedy, cheap looking but it gave a me a few laughs and at 50mb an episode its alright in my book

---

Hyouka ep "11.5" - fan service pool episode, lovely!!

Also got around to watching Berserk film 2, which was subbed today. Went in trying to not to spot every chop'n'change and really enjoyed myself, the CGI was again varied in qaulity all the way though the film but that full 2D bit in the tense face off between Grif and Guts is what i want the whole film to be , still great stuff and it'll be be another year before i see part 3

Along with that i went looking at whats coming this year after the GitS annoucement and 2013 looks like it'll be a good year

Ghost in the Shell SAC 3 - HELL YEAH!
                        Shingeki no Kyojin
                        Its not my fault im not popular
                        Lucky Star spin off (though featuring my least liked characters)
                        Oriemo 2
                        Railgun 2
                        Sailermoon comeback
                        OVA's for Hyouka, Chuu2, Unicorn(6), Seitokai Yakuindomo
                        2014 film rips from 2013 box office - Hunter x Hunter, Steins;Gate, Index, Kizumonogatari

Comment

Theres a SAC 3! Holy mother of god! I own all the individual discs of both series. Such a blissful series.

I also watched the battle for doldrey. Most excellent and truly delivered. Can't wait for the final part which is just going to be epic, its nice to see berserk in all its unrestrained glory.

Comment

From this season I'm mostly watching Tamako Market, Maoyuu (as close as we're likely to get to more Spice and Wolf), and Minami-ke. Haven't checked out the others yet. Will give Da Capo III a go, for old time's sake. I remember enjoying the first season somewhat. Da Capo II is more of a blur though. Slim pickings but it might just be what I need to start watching some of the backlog.

Comment

Just finished watching journey to agatha. Really enjoyed it!

Comment

Anyone have any opinions on Kuroko no Basuke? Trying to catch up with Psycho Pass and Magi but would like something with a different feel to it to watch sometime as well. Looks like a spiritual successor to Slam Dunk which can't be a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X