New and current FS anime Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stelvia
    Going to rewatch Saikano soon. Been itching to rewatch it for awhile now as I feel it's one of the best shows created within the last 5 years.

I'll be crying like a baby when I watch the later episodes

Saikano is a stinker, what is the point in bits and drabs of character development to have every last single person in the show die's ****ty deaths with zero payoffs for everything, not to mention the worlds worest idea of turning a young school girl in to mecha 'god' to save was left of the crappy planet which just happens to be japan, if they had that kind of technology why couldn't they just building spaceship and fly away,

Sorry, sorry im just very bitter towards this show, i can't stand anything that craps on the viewer with zero payoff's for character development and deaths.

Also GSD32 is ace,

farewell Druggie pilots, you last longer than the last lot, i wonder there the fight lies now,it gonna be a bit lame if its just all about Kira vs Shinn now

thats is all
    Last edited by Tobal; 02-06-2005, 17:47.

Comment

Ok, I'll admit that the ending (you won't see me coming) was alright, boosted by the fantastic ending animation. It was just the vocals/lyrics of the Op that grated. they should have stuck to the piano track, which I enjoyed. I don't think that JJ Brunel has done any other anime, all I know is that he is/was in The Stranglers.

I wonder if the current mini-vogue for western artists in anime will continue? I'm still loving girls on film in speed grapher! While I'm on a musical subject I'll hype the music to the new Gundam Z film. I'm not a fan of any Gundam stuff, but Gackt's song (Metamorphoze) and promo video are brilliant.

Comment

The next lot of new animes are being accounced for July...

ones so far..

Full Metal Panic Season II (WOOOOOOHOOOOOoooooo it'll be the show of year for me)
        Amae-nai desyo
        Da Capo 2 (Woooo)
        Stratos 4 II (Wo)
        Gun X Sword

Comment

Plenty to watch when i get back tonight, new GSD ep33, Naruto ep136, ichigo ep9 and One Piece movie 4, which should be finished after 2 days of slow downloading?..

Comment

Just finished Paranoia Agent last night, what a rollercoaster ride that was! I don't know why I waited so long to watch it since it's been sitting on a pile of discs on my desk along with other things in my to-watch list. It really did combine all the familiar themes and elements from Satoshi Kon's movies; the thrill and psychological suspense from Perfect Blue, the fabulous art style and perspectives from Millennium Actress, and the tongue in cheek comedy from Tokyo Godfathers. Fantastic stuff!

Oh, I was browsing over www.animefringe.com (online anime and manga webzine) where NTSC-uk got a mention in their importing guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Taka
              Just finished Paranoia Agent last night, what a rollercoaster ride that was! I don't know why I waited so long to watch it since it's been sitting on a pile of discs on my desk along with other things in my to-watch list. It really did combine all the familiar themes and elements from Satoshi Kon's movies; the thrill and psychological suspense from Perfect Blue, the fabulous art style and perspectives from Millennium Actress, and the tongue in cheek comedy from Tokyo Godfathers. Fantastic stuff!

Oh, I was browsing over www.animefringe.com (online anime and manga webzine) where NTSC-uk got a mention in their importing guide.

Its good how they bring the story threads together at the end but never really explain how those crazy things happened especially the goo tidal wave at the end, all from spouted from tragedy turned lie taking on a life of its own, but then it doesn?t really need explaining as it just a mad, creepy show!

GSD ep33?. Strange turn of events at the end, makes me wonder where the stories going next as would the EAF still support Blue Cosmos after having most of western Europe destroyed? also I hope shinn gets a kicking from kira next ep as it looks like Legged Ship duel.

Comment

Yeah... This is gonna be interesting.

(

Oh, and poetic license aside, human bodies have a natural tendency to float that is not affected by death

)

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat
                  Yeah... This is gonna be interesting.

(

Oh, and poetic license aside, human bodies have a natural tendency to float that is not affected by death

)
                  I can explain that... er..

All that Shrapnel stuck in her weighted her down!

Comment

You, sir, are a sick person. I salute you.

Now for the big question that'll doubtlessly last for at least a few episodes: Is Neo a forced-grown clone of La Flaga (just like Le Creuset with his father), or is he the real deal?

Comment

Originally posted by Wild_Cat
                      You, sir, are a sick person. I salute you.

Now for the big question that'll doubtlessly last for at least a few episodes: Is Neo a forced-grown clone of La Flaga (just like Le Creuset with his father), or is he the real deal?
                      I really don?t know when it comes to

Mwu, my gut say he?s the original brained washed Mwu cos the Scar?s (who makes a clones with Scars). But then that doesn?t explain how he survived being Blown Up by the most powerful weapon on a legged ship in space. Either way I don?t think it?ll be long before the Captains dropping her pants for him.

Comment

I never thought I'd like an anime based on baking bread. On paper it sounds like the stupidest idea for a show IMO. But in reality it's bloody hilarious. I've watched about 9 episodes of it(Yakitate! Japan) so far and the highlights for me have to be the reactions to tasting the bread. Also some of the characters are just down right crazy(the main guy at the St Pierre store being a prime example).

Comment

GSD 34 - I really, really hate Shinn, that cowardly ****er needs to die.

If Kira was serious about killing him that git would never have tounched him, still it's definitly not the end of Kira and Co but i doubt we'll be seeing Freedom again, also Arthrun should have been shouting out his birds name and not Kira's(well i least hope he punches Shinn one when he gets back)

Comment

Originally posted by Zapp$ter
                            I never thought I'd like an anime based on baking bread. On paper it sounds like the stupidest idea for a show IMO. But in reality it's bloody hilarious. I've watched about 9 episodes of it(Yakitate! Japan) so far and the highlights for me have to be the reactions to tasting the bread. Also some of the characters are just down right crazy(the main guy at the St Pierre store being a prime example).
                            I'm of the opinion that the Japanese can make anything interesting through Anime. Just look at Hikaru no Go.

GSD 34

So glad Kira got totally and brutally beat. The git really was pissing me off with his and the AA's constant intervention in the battlefield. Their intervention was confusing the battlefield and causing an unnessecary amount of casualties. Besides the ****er killed Stellar.

Comment

Originally posted by Stelvia
                              GSD 34

So glad Kira got totally and brutally beat. The git really was pissing me off with his and the AA's constant intervention in the battlefield. Their intervention was confusing the battlefield and causing an unnessecary amount of casualties. Besides the ****er killed Stellar.

Bah Stellar had it coming, there was noway she could just be forgiven no matter how insane she was for the wasting multiple cities full of people, so I while I was sad about her dying, I knew she had to go. As for Shinn I just dislike his attitude and is the total opposite of Kira, using cowardly killing strikes for his personal revenge (which was his fault anyway, I doubt she would have had a body full of shrapnel if shinn hadn?t removed her Cockpit cover), while Kira was trying to save his ship and not kill Shinn. And I wouldn?t say totally beat either ?ace? pilot Shinn thrashed all 3 Cores in that battle. But that does leave only Arthrun and Shinn to have beaten Kira though.

Comment

Kira was in a far superior machine. Shinn just had more tactical sense than Kira and used his Gundam to the fullest.

Comment

Working...
                                X